Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

The future for this country is roads, freeways and highways

To the dangerzone
Eat poo poo Cat Interceptor, its time for a new thread (:h:).
Australia update: still largely on fire.
America update: still completely inscrutable
Britain update: somehow even more inscrutable
Car update: cars remain bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

To the dangerzone

Ferremit posted:

Jesus Christ i swear humanity is actively getting dumber. I just had an argument with someone online that because Dettol lists that it kills "Human Coronavirus" it means the new Novel Wuhan strain is actually man made and a conspiracy to actively kill off a large portion of the planets population.

Ignoring the fact that Human Coronavirus includes the SARS and Middle East respiratory syndrome strains and they've been known and identified since 2003 and 2012.

But noooooo, that cant be what Dettol are referring too on their packaging dated in 2019 at all...... gently caress me dead, we're doomed.

i mean there are a zillion kinds of coronavirus, iirc the common cold is generally a mild coronavirus

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

To the dangerzone
Just got 32l/100k (7mpg for seppos) I really need to fix my o2 sensor and stop doing donuts (under no circumstances will I stop doing donuts)

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

To the dangerzone

NitroSpazzz posted:

I like cars. I like cars so much I'm buying another today. I am however sad because when I looked up how to completely disable traction control, to provide the much necessary burnout video, I discovered people are breaking engine mounts when/if the tires hook up. So unless we get snow or I put something slippery down I probably can't appease the masses.

Just do what my dirtbag friend did and hook up some junkyard windscreen washers full of bleach to spray at the rear tyres

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

To the dangerzone

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Hey so you know for two months I was worried about fires and poo poo?

Thurs 88mm, Fri 71mm, Sat 156mm, Sun 179mm (so far)

You sure it wasn't kids eating corn out the second floor window?

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

To the dangerzone
does anyone else have a car that they switch between loving and hating?
for me its the brz86, i saw the awd turbo rally brz and fell in love with them but earlier tonight i saw a p plater clip a parked car trying to drift out of a carpark and he drove off and now i hate them

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

To the dangerzone
Ive got crippling mental health issues and cant move too far away from my parents or i might die, i fuckin wish i could relocate for a job but its not an option so i guess i'll be on the dole for the foreseeable future

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

To the dangerzone
For 12k surely you could do a fake iroc with an ls engine and it would be far funner

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

To the dangerzone

Ether Frenzy posted:

That sikk 220 hp in a 3500 pound car is nigh uncontrollable.

On 80s tyres absolutely

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

To the dangerzone
God I love it when it rains, makes me feel like I have twice as much power as I actually do lol

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

To the dangerzone

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Move out here and even the mildest snowstorm will convince you that your 115 horsepower is lapping the Nurburgring at 11/10ths.

NO way snow is God's way of saying "don't live here"

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

To the dangerzone
cut some hoops in the ve ss in memory of holden.
e:

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Holden DID try to sell Suburbans here. It was one completely huge and hilarious failure.

I dont know how much of a failure it was, i still see a fair few around. You see a lot towing horse floats etc.
also should i get a hurst for the commodore? i think its already got a short shifter in it but its still fuckin terrible

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

To the dangerzone

Solus posted:

as someone who lives in New Zealand which basically gets JDM Lite i'm assuming a 100% RHD mad tyte JDM household is the USA Equivalent of the dudes that imported LHD Muscle Cars
(I'm still kind of laughing at the dudes who imported a bunch of LHD Mustangs and then Ford decided to start selling them in RHD though)

Not nearly as funny as one of my boomer neighbours ordering one custom converted to rhd for around 6 figgies only for it to get delayed to the point that there were factory rhd mustangs available by the time it was delivered

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

To the dangerzone
Fuckin witnessed one hell of a car crash earlier, im shocked that nobody was killed

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

To the dangerzone

Applebees Appetizer posted:

For sure, I'll see what happens, going to drive it tomorrow.

Interior
Reeks
Of
Cigarettes

:v:

gently caress I want a turd gen so badly, fuckin aus pricing tho

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

To the dangerzone

Applebees Appetizer posted:

There are IROCs in Aus? How much are they going for over there?

I'm so excited to see this one tomorrow, probably setting myself for disappointment lol

I haven't seen any irocs for sale in a while but a friend of mine got a firebird 305 for a steal (10k) and the last z28 305 5 speed I saw for sale was nearly 25k. Note that the Australian dollery doo is about 2/3rds the seppo dollar

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

To the dangerzone
drat I had no idea golf rs had gotten so cheap was walking the dog at the park and saw a couple of lads hitting the old glass BBQ in one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

To the dangerzone
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3915817
sorry for the late close, havent been Online much