Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
i saw two very nice condition early 2000s Mercury Cougars on the same day in Chicagoland this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

The Prong Song posted:

Moral of the story is, Porsche drivers in my area are assholes.

quelle surprise

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

bird with big dick posted:

They’re trash. They take 5 hours to do a pair of jeans and two t shirts. My sister had a Bosch and it was junk so they tried a different brand and it was also junk so they went to stacked regulars. The only reason to own one is if you live in an RV or a tinyhome and can’t hang dry.

same experience with a Bosch unit. we lived in a tiny Boston apartment and it beat the alternative (not having anything at all) for small loads, but do not buy one.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

can you not stack a washer and dryer in the garage?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

the other way of looking at the car vs suv fatalities is that buying an SUV strongly decreases the odds that you and your family will be killed in an accident

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Krakkles posted:

But if everyone didn't have SUVs, we'd all be better off. Sooooo ... that's not a great argument.

I mean, yeah, if everyone else has nukes, you might as well too, but no one should have them.

still gonna have class 3+ vehicles, busses, etc

i agree with you, but i am pointing out that people make individual decisions based on individual incentives

if you think "Well nobody should have a SUV for safety reasons" you're increasing risk to yourself in order to make some broad societal statement. good for you!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

you can do a lot more with crash safety when you don't have an engine block and ancillaries sitting up front

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

if you're asking a foreign government to investigate an american citizen for corruption you do it through the DOJ

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

evangelicals are deeply incurious about understand the bible and very interested in using it as a crutch to support some existing worldviews

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

i certainly understand a bunch of conservative points of view, but i don't get how Trump is actually delivering on anything that my conservative friends want.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Krakkles posted:

I think we need to stop idolizing businessmen, because A) they pretty much universally suck B) they get where they got by not giving two shits about anybody and C) how's this one working out?

i am a strategy consultant by trade (lol fake job) but i get to see a lot of senior leadership of very large private sector companies up close. a lot of them are pretty competent. but the fundamental disconnect between a businessperson and what you do in government is this: as a businessperson, you can always choose to exit the business and the consequences are pretty low. making widget A isn't profitable anymore? fuckin don't make widget A anymore, nobody's gonna die. these decisions aren't very hard. you put your capital to the things that make money or you think will make money. on the other hand in the government, sometimes you HAVE to do things. you HAVE to fund the police and the schools and pave the roads and do all these things, and a) you can't unilaterally decide not to and b) deciding not to do things potentially has life-or-death consequences for people. you can't just choose to not fund the fire department because education has a better ROI without people pushing back or possibly dying in the process. i think that's what people really don't understand about "running the government like a business"

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

LloydDobler posted:

It's true. Obamacare was to the right of what was proposed by Reagan in the 80's.

obamacare/mass health connector was basically a contract with america era AEI plan lmao

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Goober Peas posted:

I didn't realize the Wrangler had an 8-speed. The Cherokee has a 9-speed.

the KL cherokee is built on Fiat Compact US Wide which is a unibody transverse FWD based platform, and the JL wrangler is built on its own longitudinal body-on-frame platform. the engine families are (in large part) shared but JL shares transmissions with the longtiudinal Grand Cherokee.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

what result are you expecting? more repossessed used market inventory?

i don't think you're going to see the bottom fall out in the same way that it did with the housing market. there's still gonna be demand for cars and people are still gonna stretch payments. some cars will get repo'd and some lenders will go bankrupt but someone will acquire the asset. the strain on the budget of even a thousand dollar F-350 King poo poo Of gently caress Mountain Edition is less than that of a house and more people are gonna figure out ways to make it happen.

now if people start losing their jobs maybe it looks a bit different but i don't see what kind of tremendous advantages are going to come to you or i, the deal savvy average consumer.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

NitroSpazzz posted:

I'm an idiot and didn't want to deal with all the hoops and steps for an auto loan so I took out a three year personal loan. Interest is about double but I'll have it paid off in 1.5-2 years anyway.

i feel like it's really easy to get an auto loan

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

just like the straight up cost of relocation can be a pretty strong barrier for a lot of folks

it would be nice if we had a lower-friction job market from the employee side, but the reality is that there are significant costs to switching jobs even if you don't have to move, and those costs are amplified if you are barely making it as is

I get that there needs to be willingness to change, learn, and adapt - but we aren't doing enough as a society to encourage and facilitate that process of changing, learning, and adapting

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

step 1 buy iroc step 2 grow mullet step 3 become radwood superstar

edit: pretty sure AA is in florida

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

my wife is off on Fridays and I was fortunately home so we made a nice lunch together

homemade bucatini
fennel amatriciana sauce
crème brulee
a decent moet

it was really good! now I have to finish my work though

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

salvage title plus top don't shut are definitely correlated

stay away

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

also Bernie was pretty pro 2A throughout his congressional career because Vermont has a poo poo ton of gun owners

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Alarbus posted:

No, he wasn't. He just kept his mouth shut on it as much as possible.

And Burlington/Chittenden County is very, very different from the rest of the state.

that's pro 2A by democrat standards

not sure what point you're trying to make with the latter - I grew up in Windham county, I know how that poo poo works. State as a whole is still rural and still gun owning no matter what those urbanite ex-New York flatlanders want to think.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

yeah there's some thing with the formulation where even if you get a strain of the flu that isn't one in the vaccine, it still can help lessen your symptoms if it's a relative of some kind

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I've only seen policies that say you need a note if you're like, out for 3 consecutive days or something

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

ay, that's a bad one. hope she recovers OK. when my grandma broke her every bone at some point later on it was because in part she wasn't letting previously broken stuff take time to heal. it takes forever for old people to heal and even then it's not necessarily full. you may have to start thinking about how to support reduced mobility.

in general whenever an elderly person falls and gets pain / banged up you should get it checked out ASAP. old people bones break a lot :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

i opened AI and there were 22 unread in this thread and 6 unread in march

time is fake