Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

KakerMix posted:

I put together a cool shrine to Toyota:

I'd swap the spanner for a set of their pilers. I love the pilers they used to bundle in the toolbag on 70s and 80s Toyotas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

so cars hey people?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Beverly Cleavage posted:

Tremek , why ecc ram? I don’t think it would be strictly necessary for a home system use... but you do you.
Xeons only run on ECC RAM.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

gently caress the Ford engineer who thought it was a good idea to hide half the battery of the 3rd gen Focus under the windscreen scuttle.

Took me ages to work out how to remove it, since my Focus is a diesel and none of the YouTube videos matched my engine bay. Managed to get the battery out after removing the air box and the crappy plastic casing that covers the battery. Thankfully didn't need to remove the scuttle. It was a whopper of a battery since my Focus is a Turbo Diesel.

The old battery had completely shat the bed. Like a cell had died in it, only had 10v. Then again it was the original battery and all. Thankfully it died at home and I had the tools in hand to do the work.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

IOwnCalculus posted:

I lucked into my current job by means of a connection on these very forums.

Same here

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Holy poo poo General Motors has killed off Holden

https://www.caradvice.com.au/827459...mp2d3xPjFJR5Owc

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Literally leaving the entire Asian market so not just Holden. What the ever living gently caress are GM thinking??????

GM have completely mishandled the shutting down of Holden's Australian production and its aftermath. Nissan shut down local production in 1992, but still get reasonable sales in Australia with pretty average products. Ford still does well in Australia with the Mustang, Courier ute and Transit van (while no one buys the Focus and the Mondeo has the axe).

GM let Holden sell the Cruze and Captiva well past their sale by dates and not giving them a good enough cars to replace it until the last moment when the VF Commodore was about to die, since they gambled (and lost) on Opel being a brand in Australia. GM selling off their European arm to Peugeot in 2017 surely meant that people could see the writing was on the wall for Holden, since the GM Korean stuff outside of the Astra sedan had dried up.

Why would you buy a Holden SUV these days over the Japanese or Korean offerings?

The fact that Holden's 2019 sales were the lowest since they first started producing cars in 1948 just screams what a complete gently caress up GM has been.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

:rip:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

big dong wanter posted:

gently caress I want a turd gen so badly, fuckin aus pricing tho

Just drive a VK Commodore instead if you want pure bogan energy

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Elviscat posted:

I have it on good authority from the man that invaded my group at the bar on a work trip that Covid-19 is a bioweapon, designed and unleashed by the government.

I have heard of this "Agenda 21" conspiracy bullshit about depopulation from some boomers on Facebook. They were also the same people who thought the bushfires in Australia were started by the government so it allowed the government to build a fast rail route through the burnt areas.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

meatpimp posted:

What's happening in this thread? I don't recognize these emotional words things.

Me got car go brrm

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The Prong Song posted:

New episode of Binky is out. No turbo? Those bastards.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN8DYQIuW9Y

Holy poo poo the Turbo Yoda (Al) appearance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

oh hai