Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

cakesmith handyman posted:

Sometimes I think humanity doesn't deserve to survive.

We don't.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Beach Bum posted:

Ugh, finally brought the Fit home after leaving it in the parking lot at work for almost a year. I expected the dead battery. I expected the minor flat spots on the tires (they rolled out on the way home). I did NOT expect the $75 cruise control main switch to have broken :argh:

Wait, why did you leave it?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

My favorite cars have been shitboxes under $300. Clearly I am not a jerk.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tremek posted:

I’m nice to people and have cool cars, but I get it.

There's always exceptions. Back when I drove exclusively poo poo boxes I was kind of an rear end in a top hat all the time.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I have more money now than ever before.

poo poo, jerkiness levels rising.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
LoL, some dude on Facebook called me a chad a who;e back. Good to know I'm growing into it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Elviscat posted:

Romeo got adopted! I put an add out on Craigslist and had a caveat that you have to send pics of your pets to be considered for adoption (to avoid weirdos that pick up free kitties and sell/abuse them) got a weird couple who have three rescue puppies, and a rescue cat that misses its friend who just passed away, so they came and picked him up today!

He's taken to sleeping in a little cat bed, and will let himself be picked up, handled and pet in it, so getting him in a carrier was easy. The lady of the couple was grinning ear-to-ear she was so happy to have another kitty, I'm pretty sure he's gonna have a great rest of his life, since all he really shows interest in is melting into a puddle when you scratch his cheeks.

Awwwww sweet boy!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Door Frame posted:

I am obsessed with safety. At work, I'm the only guy who wears real PPE, I wear extra PPE when I weld, I make sure that I'm not gonna get hurt and that I won't hurt anyone else. Of course that means that I got a nice chunk of hot slag in my eye even though I had safety glasses and regular glasses on

Hooray for corneal abrasions!

Holy gently caress! One of our engineers has a huge scar on his face from a wire whip years ago, it makes me want to wear a welding helmet every day.

More work stuff: we had a dude with a super long gross beard and it got caught in a machine and he lost a little of it. So Safety comes down and after the investigation they told him he had to shave it down and wear a beard net. This was an assault on that dude's personal style so he quit and I heard he's back a his old job, Hot Topic. Can you imagine being such a dumbass that you'd walk on a solid job with amazing benefits in favor of your goddamned facial hair?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I'm hoping this leads to a renaissance of small, lowered cars being sold.

Sure, just not in America.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It a shame the Dodge Magnum was built out of literal garbage because they looked cool.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Mitt Romney is going to vote or impeachment. Holy poo poo. Could this be enough to sway others?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I hate them all.

I spent all my downtime reading last night. Reading about this political nightmare we live in. The DNC is 100% going to push Hilary in as the only way to beat Trump.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bird with big dick posted:

No they’re not.

Uh huh.

They loving hate Bernie. Biden's showing he's totally not viable. She's coming.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Krakkles posted:

Which is so bad, because HRC and Biden are the two who would definitely lose to Trump. I mean, some of the others presumably would too, but I don't see any scenario where HRC or Biden win against Trump.

Neither can. But look how goddamned stupid the DNC is. loving look at them. It's a clusterfuck. Bernie Sanders could be the goddamned savior, like political Jesus and they hate him so much that they're going to do everything they can to push him out again.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
House ain't done but maybe he got a job out west already.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hahaha, nice.

gently caress the 49ers btw.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bandman posted:

I’m in Dallas for the week for work (near the intersection of I-20 and I-45). Someone tell me where I should eat. I’m not gonna go out and see poo poo, so I should at least have good food on the company dime.

Pecan Lodge.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I left a comfort zone poo poo pay job after 13 years for my current manufacturing gig and I've never been happier.

Except when a new dude keeps saying "retard" and my patience is thinning.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Elmnt80 posted:

:toot: Congrats STR!

:emptyquote:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
HE'S FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We don't do V-Day because it's the anniversary of her dad's funeral but she was so sad last night so I bought her a sweet present so she's either going to be very happy or she gonna kill me so uh, it's been real maybe?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
She was very happy with her gift. :)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm too old for anything like that now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm old I got bad knees now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The day before V-day is "Galentines Day" so what's the Feb 15th stupid bro holiday?

Edit: also Bloomberg is talking about Hilary as his running mate so gently caress all y'all that doubt my paranoia.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Feb 15, 2020

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don't know why a dude who has clearly been a republican piece of poo poo his entire life is suddenly being allowed to run as a democrat.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
No, get rid of it and drive a goddamn Skyline.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Do it! For science!

Or DD a firetruck.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Buttoned the MS6 up (new starter, oil change etc) and got ready to take it out to clean it up so I can sell it and got a wave of mild sadness. I don't need to sell this car but it is time to sell this car.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yes! The beat timeline!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Carvana offered me $2000 for the MS6. About half what I'm willing to take but honestly more than I expected from them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

everdave posted:

On a scale of 1-10 how bad of an idea would a 99 911 Cabriolet with a clean title but carfax shows salvage history, tiptronic trans, 50k miles and "the top doesn't fit good" if I could get it for 8 cash? They are asking more.

Run far away or run to the bank? You tell me.

Think of how many firetrucks you could buy for that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think you've earned a good vacation.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Somebody at work made a joke about my real name and the real life person that shared it and died Ryan White, of AIDS 30 years ago. I didn't get mad but I explained why it was irritating and also that his joke was lame and I heard it 20 years ago and one of the bystanders called bullshit on my entire story but OH HO HO I had the scan of the newspaper article from 1990 still in my imgur links so I pulled that up and showed them and hoo-boy do I ever look like a fuckin weirdo at work now since I just so happen to have a newspaper clip proving my childhood trauma is real on hand and ready to show people.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

T-Square posted:

I'm annoyed just at the fact that someone is making an AIDS joke period to a co-worker in the year 2020.

I guess after 30 years I just give little to no fucks about it, I'm more about educating than revenging.

Or making the other dude look stupid by instantly proving him wrong even if it makes me look psychotic.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
HOLY loving poo poo THEY REVEALED WHAT MY SPACE WIRE IS FOR

And I cant say but it's amazing and has amazing terrestrial potential and I am so mind blown.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Beach Bum posted:

Will you ever be able to tell us, or is this something super-classified? I'm a bit spacemad myself and would probably be right there with you excitedly hopping up and down like a big dumb idiot, as I imagine you're doing.

Most likely when it becomes public knowledge which could be this fall.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

taqueso posted:

I'm guessing they have been working on something involving fancy wires and also are under NDA

THIS.

I didn't know if my material had been selected for the project or just more testing but today I got an envelope at our meeting and it congratulated me on the successful production and then at one of the breakout sessions during the meeting they showed us what the application was and yeah, NDA and all that. But it's incredible stuff and it's going to MARS.

The company also made some really great announcements for local philanthropic endeavors and I am really excited to be a part of that.

Edit: also turned 41, have good job, nice home, wonderful wife who bought me TOOLS. Life is really great. Thanks for being good internet people.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Feb 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Residency Evil posted:

Does anyone Have strong opinions about air compressors for home tire filling?

Just tires? I bought the ryobi auto filler and will probably never touch a compressor again.