Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
Congrats!

Eloping is really the way to go, IMO. The Mrs. and I did that almost 8 years ago (anniv. is this month), and are so happy we did. Didn't even do anything fancy, went to her Uncle's church, and asked some friends to come meet us, said I do, and then went out for a nice dinner with them. During a snow storm. It was crazy/awesome. Would do it again if I had to, but damnit, I better not have to.

The following June we had a reception where family/friends came to town. Still pretty small, but it was what we wanted, a party where everyone could come have a good time, enjoy some food and hang out celebrating.

That's my story that no one asked for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Tremek , why ecc ram? I don’t think it would be strictly necessary for a home system use... but you do you.

For what it’s worth, all ryzen processors support ecc. Just make sure the board handles it appropriately.

If you want a budget build, 3950x probably would get you there. Tr3960x is a decent jump in cost, but if you want pcie lanes, it’s probably the way to go.

If you want ecc on intel, you’re back into xeon, which I don’t keep up on.

Each manufacturers definition of tdp is different too, so be wary there. GN did a good explanation of how it can be a worthless metric.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I never built a zfs system, so makes sense I guess. Last something new everyday.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I don't mean to sound snarky, but I chuckled a little. I've been chasing the three oldest for bedtime solo since the new baby, six months ago. It's especially fun on Friday after the kids are exhausted from a long week and go into over tired hyper silly mode. Really, I need to reset my attitude and be more patient. It is what it is, and the kids are fine, I just have trouble when they're not cooperating and I lose my temper too easily.

Last night was about as expected. Wife ended up picking up dinner on the way home from work, and then kids went to bed in their usual chaotic manner. We ended up just hanging out in the kitchen talking about whatever and then went to bed. Anniversary is in (now) 9 days, I'll have to see if we can do something around then.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

meatpimp posted:

Its reckless and puts us all in danger. It's literally akin to murder.

This business will get out of control. It'll get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it.