Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

bandman posted:

I mean, I hope it’s that or the Coyote, but I don’t really get to choose. I don’t tow with it, but the extra oomph would be good.
The 2.7 is supposed to be more responsive than the 3.5 and a better daily driver overall. And I've said it before but mine gets between 13 and 16 depending on how much freeway I'm doing.

That said, 26k in and still loving my 3.5EB. especially in sport mode, the thing goes like no truck deserves to go. But getting 4.x out of a truck in the CT is going to feel insane.

tetrapyloctomy posted:

I kinda like the monthly reset.
Same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I daily an F150 because I can't afford a mustang, a Tesla, and a truck simultaneously. The truck can do most of what the others can do well enough. The cars wouldn't be able to replace what the truck does.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Beach Bum posted:

Holy gently caress is this dude even REAL?!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1225174713992990721?s=20

Maybe I'm reading this the wrong way but uh it really looks like he's saying he wants to run for more than two?! Or am I missing some in-joke due to ignorance?
It's talking about Trumpism, not Donald. Not even DJT is that stupid.

And the house supoenas had no power because they didn't vote to start an investigation until after they were "issued" and when Trump pointed that out the house rolled over. This whole thing is partisan bullshit from the start. Asking a foreign government to investigate corruption in their country as it relates to our country is the president's job. He gets a loving thank you from me. And that goes for either party, not just because it's Trump.

I would have to see Biden under oath explain how his kid got on the Burisma board in the first place, and how Schiff got to be paranoid about me whisterblowers name when he supposedly doesn't know who the whistleblower is, and how Schiff neglected to turn over the transcript for the last witness, but putting this bullshit behind us will work too.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

meatpimp posted:

drat, you suck right on the pipe.

A) Asking a foreign government to investigate a US Citizen is against our protocols.

Asub1) When that US Citizen is a political competitor of yours, it is doubly bad.

B) Ukraine has been corrupt since before it's break from the USSR. To say that the Bidens are even a minute FRACTION of the Ukranian corruption is laughable. They are not. And Trump has not shown one iota of interest in any other corruption in Ukraine.

C) If Biden is dirty, burn him. If Schiff is dirty, burn him. Burn all of the motherfuckers and clean the place up. There is this default whataboutism justification that needs to die. The political actions are right or wrong, and they need to be dealt with.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

if you're asking a foreign government to investigate an american citizen for corruption you do it through the DOJ
He was asking them to investigate their prosecutor that caved to Biden's threats. Not Biden himself.

B) Trump has been talking about corruption in Ukraine, including Burisma, since long before Biden's running became an issue.

C) Agreed on burn all the corrupt mofos. But going after Trump for this is partisan bullshit. Dems have been trying to find something to impeach him on since before the inauguration. An *this* is the strongest case they could come up with? Admit you lost and try to do better in 2024, cause this crybaby level partisan theatrics are gonna sweep him right back into office in November.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I'm always interested in hearing what you say. You (collectively) have changed my thinking in some ways and reinforced it in others. Not that any of you commies have any interest in hearing from the other side.

And I remind you all, yet again, I did not vote for Trump in 2016.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

<rant> Why the gently caress do we use aspect ratio in tire sizes? How much easier would it loving be on everyone to just have width/sidewall-measurement-in-mm/rim-size instead of the current bullshit width/loving-PERCENTAGE-OF-WIDTH/rim-size?

e: lol avatar. Honestly I'm surprised I go as long between red text avatar changes as I do.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

everdave posted:

Oven repaired, washer repaired, got another one of my imports sold and shipped...all batteries charged in vehicles at home and preparing the next one to go up for sale. I took full advantage of our one day of sun before the expected 4-6 inches we are supposed to get in the next 60 hours.
Yes you did. Good job.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

STR posted:

:sever: happened.
Congrats STR. Doing it the day before Valentine's day is a nice bonus.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Ahhhhhh gently caress Canon just pretty much comfirmed the lunatic specs on its next camera are real.
Yup. R5 is gonna be expensive, but the R6 could be damned near the same camera minus dual slots and weather sealing and be a damned good deal.

Makes me want to upgrade my RP.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Feb 13, 2020

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Or just get a toyuburu. Probably just as quick and a lot better in dynamics and fuel efficiency.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

My traditional (at this point) red velvet cupcake for my wife has yet to be discovered. Her current job has her all over the place in a huge office so getting it delivered wasn't possible. Left it and a note in her car at lunch for her to see when she gets off work.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

And now I have yet another Ryobi tool. Damnit

Also thanks.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Are you one of the following -

Over 75?
Live in a filthy shithole where traditional Chinese Medicine is the primary healthcare?
A smoker?
Have pre existing immudeficency?
Locked in a cruise liner with no effective quarantine control?
In a Korean religious cult?
A pants shitter who is getting wound up by the BS of the media / C-SPAM? - No, second thoughts I'll leave this in because there's a lot of absolute BS being spread about Covid-19 and honestly, it's just getting truly stupid the misinformation and fear being spread

Then yes you indeed have something to worry about! The rest of us.... pretty much even if we get it, it'll be a complete non event - the rates of even hospital are low for anyone under 50. There's a lot of doubt the 2% fatality rate is close to reality due to cases that just don't develop into anything or just a bit of a sniffle - like influenza and thence just go unnoticed and uncounted. Most of the time you feel a bit under the weather, three days later you are fine. Sure some cases get bad esp iif you have a pre-existing issue beforehand (or live in areas where the air is dirty / you are a smoker / old) but bluntly put the chances of even it getting like that are low except if you are old or in piss poor health to begin with.

And unlike Influenza, this is behaving exactly like other coronaviruses and barely affecting young people at all. Also it looks like it doesnt spread well in warmer enviroments.
I actually agree with CI on something.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Rhyno posted:

My wife is having a girl's day at a winery with her friends and one of them took an Uber that was a "new mustang" as she put it and now she's on Cargurus sending me links to Mustangs for sale and suggesting that instead of an economy car.

I think she may have had a bit of wine.
Buy one before she sobers up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Rhyno posted:

We've been chatting about it since I got home this morning. It appears to still be an option.
If it's still an option why are you still talking? Go buy one. They're fun as hell.

Hell, even with a kid on the way my wife is semi-encouraging me to look at buying another one (used) to replace the truck that replaced my 16 GT. I suppose it's cheaper than the model Y I want, but ultimately a whole different type of vehicle.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Mar 1, 2020