Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Just turned 40! Had an awesome surprise party and an even more awesomer CHILD FREE getaway with the wifey.

Regrettably, the severance package at work is not so good, was hoping to just be sent home with full pay, but the mothership doesn't do it that way so neither do we. Guess I have three months' of paid job hunting then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
So I made my professional availability publicly know on LinkedIn and now I have five job interviews in four days.

I feel partly successful, partly slutty.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

cursedshitbox posted:

currently building out a x230 with an i7(3520m). gonna FHD it and use it for software/embedded projects. (16gb, slice battery + 9 cell with more than 20 hours battery life, ME firmware deleted, corebooted, EmbeddedController whitelist gone)

Awaitwhat?

Please tell more.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Ahhhhhh gently caress Canon just pretty much comfirmed the lunatic specs on its next camera are real.

Anyone want a few Subarus?

I've been out of that particular heroin habit for a few years - which model is this?

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
I don’t believe in Hallmark holidays so I got my wife some really good bacon at the butcher.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

meatpimp posted:

For fecks' sake...

Lord alfuckingmighty, can you catch a break already?

Beach Bum posted:

Every time I think about paying other people to do things I can do but don't really want to I read something like this and I'm all "Yeah it'll take me twice as long and look half as good but the fucker will work like it's supposed to and won't be broken".

And someone will give a poo poo, and think for one second before, oh let's pull up a hypothetical example, putting the hole hawg to a $7k countertop.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
So it turns out that Makita either has or is just about to release an 18V version of their portable inflator: https://www.makita.co.nz/products/model/DMP180

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Good old BOFH.

In other news, while my company has fired my rear end, it seems to have no intention to actually, yannow, facilitate that transition. Stuff is just moving along as usual (so, poorly) until I'll suddenly not show up one day and... I don't know.

My colleagues are nice but gently caress management, can't wait to be the gently caress out of here. With a bit of luck this week will see a good offer and I'll be out end of next month.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
WTF? You're offering him cash money and he spends half an hour insulting you?

Is this in the UK or in Denmark?

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
I've 99% sealed a deal where I get a new job at basically the same base salary but this time with a bonus, but none of that really matters because get this: it has a 2.7km commute.

Sure happy I went for the 20kkm/year lease deal now. :D

Fake edit: 2.6 by bike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

meatpimp posted:

So how do I thank the builders? (Other than "thank you so much, that helped more than you know," ofc)?

Pay in cash and tip him a gift card to a restaurant so he can take his lady out. (Or mistress or boyfriend or whatever satisfies his version of "happy wife, happy life.")

In other news, recommend me a backpack. Must be able to contain a laptop, be reasonably ergonomic, waterproof and have access possibilities that aren't top only. Osprey is a brand that springs to mind, but I'm not married to it. Will be used to haul laptop, bike helmet, clothes, groceries etc. to and fro on my commute, which will be mainly by bike.