Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I love Bill Murray and Groundhog Day is a great movie. That commercial is also great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Enjoy your new home, Romeo!

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Rhyno posted:

Holy gently caress! One of our engineers has a huge scar on his face from a wire whip years ago, it makes me want to wear a welding helmet every day.

More work stuff: we had a dude with a super long gross beard and it got caught in a machine and he lost a little of it. So Safety comes down and after the investigation they told him he had to shave it down and wear a beard net. This was an assault on that dude's personal style so he quit and I heard he's back a his old job, Hot Topic. Can you imagine being such a dumbass that you'd walk on a solid job with amazing benefits in favor of your goddamned facial hair?

When I worked at the print facility one of my friends had a beard that was literally several feet long and he operated a machine that was basically 100% designed to grab hair and rip it off people. His way of dealing with it was to braid it into a bun that sat tight to his chin while at work. He'd pull the braid apart as soon as a shift was over.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Good for you, STR. I honestly figured your relationship was gonna end in one of two ways and am glad my prediction of a little STR being the more likely of the two was wrong.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

STR posted:

So my boss came up to me today. (the good guy boss - he's back from medical leave; rear end in a top hat grocery boss got shipped off to another store over sexual harassment)

"Hey, I just posted a full time overnight stocker position. I want you to apply for it."

rear end in a top hat grocery boss had promised me "full time status within 3 months" when I got hired (along with several other people), but of course claimed he never said that. I've been rattling cages about wanting FT status. I automatically get medical insurance after 1 year if I average 32+ hours a week, along with vacation (and I already have their 401k), but I want the rest. Plus I didn't like being lied to by previous boss.

I'm also up for a raise this month. Yay!

e: I should point out I've mostly worked 40+ hour weeks since I started. I was at 38 when I clocked out today, and I work tonight.

Nice, glad things are looking up for you.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Rhyno posted:

I don't know why a dude who has clearly been a republican piece of poo poo his entire life is suddenly being allowed to run as a democrat.

Because the prospective candidates all had to sign an agreement stating they would run a Democrat regime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I too am not in a very good place these days but I will get through it, and so will you, Powershift.