Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I'm curious to see where this show is going, but it is hard to watch a lot of the time. And I mean physically difficult, as in it's way too loving dark to see what's happening and it keeps expecting me to read handwritten text on physical props which would require me to pause it, get up, and walk over to my TV, and I'm not doing that every five minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

In the latest episode, when Holly was giving her presentation, I was just thinking "Hold on, even if we accept that these cases are linked and that there is a single entity framing these otherwise unconnected people for some reason, it's still a huge leap to say that we know it's this specific supernatural being." so I was very pleased when Ralph made that exact point shortly afterward.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

I'm really wondering where this story can even go. Like, what happens once everyone believes in the monster? They fight it somehow? It's literally magic so there's no way of knowing how you would even go about doing that.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

precision posted:

I definitely want more Holly Gibbs on my TV after this. Maybe they can license the character and have someone that isn't King write a new story for her to be in.
She does seem like she should be the protagonist but just isn't for some reason. Like, Ralph is an okay character but he's not really doing anything to move the plot forward. Holly's doing the investigating. Holly's the one who's trying to convince everyone it's a monster. It really seems like it should be her story.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Dr. Clockwork posted:

No more book to base a new season on? Why not, it worked so well for Game of Thrones!

Sometimes a TV adaptation of a book is really good and they try to keep it going past the original story and it sucks because they didn't have any plan and there wasn't really anywhere to go with it. Sometimes a TV adaptation of a book is mediocre to bad and then they keep it going past the end of the book anyway and it actually becomes way better since they're not tied into retelling a story that they clearly never really wanted to in the first place.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

precision posted:

It feeds on grief, the doppelganger trick is to cause grief by having someone beloved do something terrible

Which kinda falls apart given his latest choice is "strip club owner former addict", but maybe that's part of being desperate too

I don't think it was desperate when it picked him though?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

CODChimera posted:

this is pretty minor in the grand scheme of things but the villagers casually strolling to help the kids in the cave in was amusing.
That was before the cave-in. At that time the kids were just lost. There was no reason to think that they wouldn't just find them and lead them out unharmed.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

e.martin posted:

I have a couple of episodes of this left to watch. I have gotten so bored with the slow movement of the show. Is it worth finishing?

No.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

TheOmegaWalrus posted:

this Supernatural-level schlock?

Supernatural is way better than this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Krispy Wafer posted:

I was paying attention and I didn't realize Michael Bluth was dead until about 10 minutes into the next episode.

The ending of that episode where he gets killed was a little ambiguous and then you also don't expect, up until then, was one of the stars of the show to die half way through the season. And yeah, I need poo poo spelled out for me. Also I learned from Game of Thrones that if they don't say specifically, 'that guy dead' then they're probably not dead.

Not realising till episode three is reasonable, because it was pretty ambiguous at the end of episode two. There was someone earlier in the thread though who didn't realise even several episodes later when it was much clearer.