Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xcheopis

cda posted:

Here's why I drink coffee black. If I am ever falsely imprisoned they might not have cream and sugar in there, so I want to be prepared.

I drink it black because I couldn't afford to waste milk on coffee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I enjoy a cup or two of french press coffee in the morning.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

cda posted:

Here's why I drink coffee black. If I am ever falsely imprisoned they might not have cream and sugar in there, so I want to be prepared.

This but also I want to be able to tell if my coffee was poisoned in case I ever get mixed up in a Clue type situation

cda

by Hand Knit
I mean, let's face it, if you value your money or your life, you drink your coffee black.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

If you take your coffee black you look tough but serious, letting your heart of gold be a beautiful surprise to the diner waitress of your dreams.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

I love French press, but I constantly break them. I must have gone through over a dozen in the last few years. Then George finds out that I broke another thing and I get a talking to. Brb. Gonna find some bunnies to pet.

xcheopis

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

I love French press, but I constantly break them. I must have gone through over a dozen in the last few years. Then George finds out that I broke another thing and I get a talking to. Brb. Gonna find some bunnies to pet.

:(

Finger Prince

I have a metal one, it hasn't broken once. Get a metal one.

I got a bottle of Austrian hazelnut liquor that's real nice splashed in a lazy weekend coffee.

wearing a lampshade

I have an aeropress and it's great

wearing a lampshade

cda posted:

I mean, let's face it, if you value your money or your life, you drink your coffee black.

I live on the edge, where my coffee is white and tastes like pure sugar

City of Glompton

gonna have a cortado, mr. glompton is going to use the aeropress he got for xmas to do the espresso part and the our ol espresso machine to steam the milk

sunday night is a great time to have coffee right?? :sludgepal:

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Professor of Cats

City of Glompton posted:

gonna have a cortado, mr. glompton is going to use the aeropress he got for xmas to do the espresso part and the our ol espresso machine to steam the milk

sunday night is a great time to have coffee right?? :sludgepal:

At least you can enjoy a sunset AND a sun rise in one sitting!

weed cat

weed cat is back, and he loves to suck dick

:sueme:
usually do a 16oz of regular in the mornings and switch to decaf after that

i usually like it with a good splash of half and half and some raw/turbinado sugar, but lately i've been drinking it black too

totally in the minority on this one: i prefer drip to french press. i also like americanos but don't really make those at home

Lovely Primate

weed cat posted:

totally in the minority on this one: i prefer drip to french press. i also like americanos but don't really make those at home

I feel like I can't really tell the difference. I mean I've never done a side-by-side comparison, but if you handed me drip and told me it was press I probably wouldnt think twice about it

SeaGoatSupreme
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
Not quite espresso fine but drat close la colombe nizza blend, in a French press. Go really, really overboard on the grounds and it tastes almost sweet by itself. It's lovely, and I really need to get back in the habit of buying it and grinding it myself.

Black as night.

Close runner up is a good Vietnamese coffee, black, over ice. None of my partners can stand up to it's power, and it's funny as heck to see them try.

Macnult

i have a bag of vanilla almond coffee that i bought from a local cafe. i used to add coffee creamer but found that oat milk + maple syrup tastes better and is probably somewhat healthier

if i’m at a cafe, i default to espresso drinks and have a few that i cycle through:

casual taking it to go: maple syrup latte w/ oat milk.
treatin’ myself: mexican mocha (basically a mocha with some kind of cayenne pepper powder) w/ oat milk.
not tired and i ain’t finna be wired: dirty chai w/ almond milk.

at work we have a keurig, so if it’s busy i just do the standard 2 creams & 2 sugars.
there’s also a wawa across the street, so if i stop by there i go with hazelnut coffee, irish cream, and then mix in cinnamon

Chewbecca posted:

you do, don't talk to me before I've had my morning coffee!

unironically this, but only if you’re throwing too much information at me to process when i’m still waking up

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
For the work week I make a super powerful giant moka pot of cafe bustelo and pour it into a pitcher with some water to stretch it. I fill a bottle that I take a couple sips of at lunch each day, and before work I'll have a little bit.

On the weekends I aeropress a real cup of coffee with a little sugar and milk. I also like to put ice and sweetened condensed milk into a cup, then pour the coffee in.

I don't drink nearly as much coffee as I used to and I have high blood pressure, so I try not to overdo it

szkud

I make a lugo shot in the nespresso then shoot some fridge-door water in it to drink it right away if I'm in a rush and call it a 'cool americano'

sometimes on the weekend I make a version of bulletproof coffee with french press coffee, MCT oil, collagen, unsalted butter, cinnamon, and cayenne

~(‾▿‾)~

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

we may not agree on how we take our coffee, but we can all agree that café bustelo is the real fuckin' deal, right?

SeaGoatSupreme
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
Hell yeah, those are my go to if I run out of la colombe

Love those bricks

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
Bustelo is love

wearing a lampshade

Bustelo?....

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caf%C3%A9_Bustelo

From the Wikipedia article: "Bustelo gained a particular cachet among artistic and hipster subcultures in the 1990s and 2000s."

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Barking Gecko posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caf%C3%A9_Bustelo

From the Wikipedia article: "Bustelo gained a particular cachet among artistic and hipster subcultures in the 1990s and 2000s."

bruh

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

we may not agree on how we take our coffee, but we can all agree that café bustelo is the real fuckin' deal, right?

I don't know what this is and now I feel bad :sweatdrop:

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Chewbecca posted:

I don't know what this is and now I feel bad :sweatdrop:

Don't feel bad. Now you get to go on a coffee adventure!

Escape From Noise

I bring my own beans

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
I tried Cafe Caribe 'cause it was next to Busteli, but it's just not the same.
And their packaging is kinda wack.

Finger Prince

I'm now working my way through a bag of McCafe pre-ground my mom gave me. It's no bourgie AF singe estate farmer owned rainforest friendly shade grown organic locally roasted whole bean pure uncut goodness, but for morning work coffee... It's... not bad :negative:

Chewbecca

Don't feel bad. Now you get to go on a coffee adventure!

Friend I'm in Australia and we don't have it

In other news, in Australia we have a coffee brand called Gloria Jeans which is one of those terrible franchise places which costs a fortune to buy, but even more to maintain. AND the coffee tastes awful!

MacDonald's coffee (McCafe) is okay, not the best but certainly not the worst. Depends on the age of the barista.

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

love to bust

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
basket...or cone filters??

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
did anyone say as an enema yet?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
i like my coffee as i like my women

cold and bitter

Nosfereefer

realpost: i usually drink black coffee, american style. espresso or turkish coffee seems just too small. and for cultural reasons i find milk and/or sugar inappropriate in coffee

Chewbecca

Nosfereefer posted:

i like my coffee as i like my women

cold and bitter

Yesterday I made myself a coffee that I half chugged before I had to run into a meeting.

Then when I came back to my desk an hour later it was cold, but I needed the caffeine hit so forced it down anyway :negative:

Finger Prince

I always say the sign of a good coffee is one that still tastes good once it's cooled off. Like, even Tim Hortons is drinkable piping hot. But if that poo poo ever reaches merely warm, just pour it down the sink.

beer pal

i make an aeropress coffee first thing every weekday morning from the bougiest local roasted beans in the grocery store and drink it black

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

Chewbecca

Finger Prince posted:

I always say the sign of a good coffee is one that still tastes good once it's cooled off. Like, even Tim Hortons is drinkable piping hot. But if that poo poo ever reaches merely warm, just pour it down the sink.

This was lovely nescafe blend 43 granulated coffee, made with water from a discoloured plastic kettle, and a single sachet of white granulated sugar

It did not taste good :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen-Of-Hearts

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Chewbecca posted:

Friend I'm in Australia and we don't have it

In other news, in Australia we have a coffee brand called Gloria Jeans which is one of those terrible franchise places which costs a fortune to buy, but even more to maintain. AND the coffee tastes awful!

MacDonald's coffee (McCafe) is okay, not the best but certainly not the worst. Depends on the age of the barista.

The mall had a Gloria Jeans when I was a teenager (Illinois) and it was the best smelling coffee shop on the planet. I would sometimes get the raspberry chocolate whole beans to grind and brew at home, not cuz it was good tasting (it wasn't) but because the smell was that good.

:h: sig by Prof. Crocodile:h:
:byodame:BYOB spells: Mutually Assured Kindness:byodame: