Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

The mall had a Gloria Jeans when I was a teenager (Illinois) and it was the best smelling coffee shop on the planet. I would sometimes get the raspberry chocolate whole beans to grind and brew at home, not cuz it was good tasting (it wasn't) but because the smell was that good.

I feel like Gloria Jeans was started by a fundamentalist religious fanatic (or group or something) but I'm too lazy to look it up

Never had raspberry coffee, the idea of it sounds nice

I'm down one coffee at 8am, inching my way towards number 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Chewbecca posted:

I'm down one coffee at 8am, inching my way towards number 2

lol

ulvir

i pick up a double latte on my way to work a few times a week if I have enough time before my train (busses and traffic is very unreliable), then i’ll have one or two cups of black coffee at work

never coffee at home pretty much

ulvir

NEVER sugar in the coffee

Chewbecca

ulvir posted:

ALWAYS sugar in the coffee

Ftfy

szkud

Burger King coffee is strong, like bull

~(‾▿‾)~

Queen-Of-Hearts

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

I had a cup of Mcdonald's black coffee not too long ago, and it was revolting and... greasy? It felt greasy in my mouth somehow.

:h: sig by Prof. Crocodile:h:
:byodame:BYOB spells: Mutually Assured Kindness:byodame:

Escape From Noise

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

I had a cup of Mcdonald's black coffee not too long ago, and it was revolting and... greasy? It felt greasy in my mouth somehow.

Yeah cheap coffee is rough. It sometimes makes me dry heave

Professor of Cats

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

I believe this. Every time I had a McD coffee (on road trips), I felt like it coated my mouth.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Queen-Of-Hearts

If you imagine the paper filter for McDonald's coffee is whatever newspaper was stuck to an oil spot in the street, it makes more sense.

Finger Prince

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Did you also have any McDonald's food at the same time? Maybe it was just rinsing off the McDonald's grease. Or the greasy ambiance of the McDonald's

Escape From Noise

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

If you imagine the paper filter for McDonald's coffee is whatever newspaper was stuck to an oil spot in the street, it makes more sense.

The secret ingredient is leftover fry grease.

Finger Prince

McD's coffee has largely supplanted Tim Hortons as the trash coffee of choice among a lot of people around these parts. Ever since Timmie's merged with BK to form restaurant brands inc., their coffee went from normal bad to even worse (thought tbh it had been going down hill for years before that). McD's started going ham on their McCafe sub brand or whatever around the same time, and people started finding that McD's coffee was like what Tim's used to be. I heard a rumour that Tim's switched suppliers after the merger, and McD's swooped in as a buyer for Tim's old coffee distributors. Or something like that. Thank you for listening to my TED talk on trash tier "this isn't good but I need to be awake right now" Canadian coffee.
Never drink Coffee Time or Country Style coffee.

Escape From Noise

Sometimes I drink hot cans of Boss Coffee straight out of the vending machine in a vain effort to become Tommy Lee Jones.

Queen-Of-Hearts

Finger Prince posted:

Did you also have any McDonald's food at the same time? Maybe it was just rinsing off the McDonald's grease. Or the greasy ambiance of the McDonald's

:negative: It was by itself

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I have the coffee burps. I just slammed two nitro shots and now I'm feeling overly fizzy.

Queen-Of-Hearts

Not to sound too live laugh love, but taking my moka pot apart and meticulously cleaning it is kinda relaxing.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Not to sound too live laugh love, but taking my moka pot apart and meticulously cleaning it is kinda relaxing.

LIVE ~•~

~•~ LAUGH

LOVE ~•~

Professor of Cats

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

nothing live laugh love about that to me; that's just cathartic actions to keep a crazy brain in check. :coffee: I know I can relate.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Chewbecca

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Nothing wrong with trying to make order out if chaos friend

Escape From Noise

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

I get that. Just kind of a feeling of accomplishment from getting something done. Oh dang. Maybe that's why I like working in a brewery...

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
Had to make a cup of coffee 'cause I just got out of bed and my back is killing me from work and I keep running into/dropping everything.

Help me, Bustelo, you're my only hope!

Queen-Of-Hearts

ATTENTION: GUYS, GALS AND ENBY PALS!

I have found the solution to my healthier coffee conundrum. It is oat milk.
Unlike soy milk, and almond milk in coffee, I can drink this.
Success!

cda

by Hand Knit
Here's my coffee hack: buy a can of Illy once, and then reuse the can forever to keep your other coffees fresh. Tbh any time you need a can to keep stuff fresh in, it's probably worth it to buy Illy for the can and then the coffee is a drinkable bonus.

Escape From Noise

cda posted:

Here's my coffee hack: buy a can of Illy once, and then reuse the can forever to keep your other coffees fresh. Tbh any time you need a can to keep stuff fresh in, it's probably worth it to buy Illy for the can and then the coffee is a drinkable bonus.

Could I keep Phillies in my Illy?

Queen-Of-Hearts

Hell yeah live your best life. Blunts infused with the scent of coffee would be like, borderline sexual.

Finger Prince

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

ATTENTION: GUYS, GALS AND ENBY PALS!

I have found the solution to my healthier coffee conundrum. It is oat milk.
Unlike soy milk, and almond milk in coffee, I can drink this.
Success!

Oat milk is the bomb. It only just started turning up here maybe a year ago, by you could get Oatly brand in Europe and the UK (and I think they exported to the US) for a few years now. It's even decent in tea!

cda posted:

If you're just gonna use one as a container or wash it out, ***VERY IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION***: around the inside rim is a razor sharp metal edge that will give you brutal like cardboard cuts around the perimeter of your hand if you just stuff your hand in there to wipe around. Use the back of a steel utensil to peen/bend the metal edge flat against the flange first!

nut

buy grinds every sunday from a small bosnian man at the farmer's market even if i try 2 avoid hiis gaze he identifies me from distance as easy target i buy 1 lb. of the smoked dark roast they ask if they can grind it for me and i say no i pay and immediately leave the farmers market in shame i go hom eand grind the bean in a small electronic coffee bean grinder that can double as a spice grinder if u like ur spices to be coffee i dump half on the counter as i try to pat the ground out into a funnel that is too small into an ornate glass jar my great aunt got me in ""war times""". from the glass jar i scope 3 spoons of grounds into the base of my stove top percolator settling the grounds above a base filled w slightly chilled tap water stove on medium pot on stove i sit and wait b y the time the coffee is done my tears r dry i pour aa cup of 85% coffee and 15% skim milk because i was raised to have weak bones in the countryside where instead we value sunken eyes and dry lips. i drink a third of the coffee and leave the rest for god

Queen-Of-Hearts

I uh... Hmmm.

Ya know what, nut? I think you win this thread. Take whatever meaning you want from that.

nut

right now 3% of the carbon atoms in ur body r my coffee

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Nothing wrong with having weak bones, sunken eyes or dry lips.

take the moon

by sebmojo

nut posted:

buy grinds every sunday from a small bosnian man at the farmer's market even if i try 2 avoid hiis gaze he identifies me from distance as easy target i buy 1 lb. of the smoked dark roast they ask if they can grind it for me and i say no i pay and immediately leave the farmers market in shame i go hom eand grind the bean in a small electronic coffee bean grinder that can double as a spice grinder if u like ur spices to be coffee i dump half on the counter as i try to pat the ground out into a funnel that is too small into an ornate glass jar my great aunt got me in ""war times""". from the glass jar i scope 3 spoons of grounds into the base of my stove top percolator settling the grounds above a base filled w slightly chilled tap water stove on medium pot on stove i sit and wait b y the time the coffee is done my tears r dry i pour aa cup of 85% coffee and 15% skim milk because i was raised to have weak bones in the countryside where instead we value sunken eyes and dry lips. i drink a third of the coffee and leave the rest for god

wanna frame this

take the moon

by sebmojo
my hack is if u drink lots of water u can probs slow the coffee death of yr skin but i have this feel that theres an alien race of nymphlike monads somewhere out there that gets hot from destroyed skin so try at yr own risk

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
from work, for free

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
also I didn't know bustelo had cache'

I used to buy it when I was broke because it was cheap and deece

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

My coffee buying technique is very similar to my salsa buying. I go to the grocery store with my wife and when we get to the coffee aisle she gives me a look that says "do you need coffee? should I just leave you here?" and I give her a look back that says "yeah, yeah". I look at all of the bags of coffee and then I try to remember which ones I've tried and whether or not those were good. I look to see which are on sale and then try to do the value math in my head of whether the ones that are on sale but still more expensive than the cheap coffee are worth the little bit extra. I see one that I think I've tried before and liked, but it's not on sale and so it's a dollar more. I think to myself that maybe I should try that one that says it's chock full of nuts. It's not really full of nuts though is it? Probably not. That one says it's 100% Colombian. I would never know if they were lying to me on this, but I trust that they're telling the truth. Am I someone who values 100% Colombian coffee? Do I value it more than I value one that is full of nuts? Do I value it at $1 more than the ones that are on sale and $3 more than the cheaper coffee? After about 20 minutes of this I just grab a bag at random because I know my wife is probably finished grabbing the rest of the groceries and I don't want her to give me the "are you seriously still picking out coffee??" look.

Salsa is the exact same deal but it's in a different aisle.

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Jolo posted:

My coffee buying technique is very similar to my salsa buying. I go to the grocery store with my wife and when we get to the coffee aisle she gives me a look that says "do you need coffee? should I just leave you here?" and I give her a look back that says "yeah, yeah". I look at all of the bags of coffee and then I try to remember which ones I've tried and whether or not those were good. I look to see which are on sale and then try to do the value math in my head of whether the ones that are on sale but still more expensive than the cheap coffee are worth the little bit extra. I see one that I think I've tried before and liked, but it's not on sale and so it's a dollar more. I think to myself that maybe I should try that one that says it's chock full of nuts. It's not really full of nuts though is it? Probably not. That one says it's 100% Colombian. I would never know if they were lying to me on this, but I trust that they're telling the truth. Am I someone who values 100% Colombian coffee? Do I value it more than I value one that is full of nuts? Do I value it at $1 more than the ones that are on sale and $3 more than the cheaper coffee? After about 20 minutes of this I just grab a bag at random because I know my wife is probably finished grabbing the rest of the groceries and I don't want her to give me the "are you seriously still picking out coffee??" look.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Escape From Noise

Salsa that is chock full of nuts is but butter

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

i drink a disturbing amount of black coffee. day or night, even right before going to bed! the french press is my preferred weapon for the job.

if i'm eating out somewhere though that has nice espresso then i'll indulge in a cappuccino though :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

google THIS

Jolo posted:

:hf:

Also beer, toilet paper, cleaning products, green beans (both brand and cut), etc. basically 80% of the shopping list. The rest I always obstinately buy the exact same brand and style every time, even though I'm usually not really sure why.