Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Biden's fundraiser e-mails are not inspiring.

Joe Biden e-mail posted:

PeterCat,

Asking for your donation is one of the things I hate most about running for president. But I’m hoping you’ll give me a minute to explain why your support matters and then chip in $5 to my campaign.

The fact of the matter is that we’re running a campaign unlike any other in the history of this nation. It’s going to take a massive grassroots operation to defeat Donald Trump, and we’ve got to raise enough money to get the job done.

It’s not going to be easy. Trump’s got the RNC’s fundraising machine behind him.

But here’s what I have that he doesn’t -- I have you, PeterCat. And I know that there’s nothing we can’t do if we do it together.

Look PeterCat, I know you’re not going to be able to give every time, but I’d be so grateful if you made an investment in our campaign to beat Donald Trump today. Anything you can spare $25, or even $5 would mean the world right now:

If you've saved payment information with ActBlue Express, your donation will go through immediately:
$5 ➞
$25 ➞
$50 ➞
$100 ➞
$250 ➞
Other ➞
This election will decide if justice and democracy will prevail or if our government belongs to the rich and powerful.

That’s why I say we’re in a battle for the soul of our nation.

We’re in a tight race, no one can deny that. But I still believe we’re in the best position to beat Donald Trump.

And people across the country agree -- poll after poll shows us beating Trump in matchups across the country.

I know that there’s nothing we can’t do when we put our minds to it, PeterCat. If we stand together, we will win.

I’m asking you to stand with me now and give our campaign the boost we need to see this through.

Will you chip in $5 or whatever you can afford today? Use the buttons or secure link below to make a contribution to fuel our campaign.

If you've saved payment information with ActBlue Express, your donation will go through immediately:
$5 ➞
$25 ➞
$50 ➞
$100 ➞
$250 ➞
Other ➞
https://go.joebiden.com/donate

Grateful to have your support,

Joe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Good soup! posted:

IDGAF about Sanders :smith:

Sanders? who is this "Sanders"?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

uber_stoat posted:

Sanders? who is this "Sanders"?

The KFC guy?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
DSA buddy of mine and his partner are now Sanders delegates for FL and he's gonna go and raise hell regardless of disappointment

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Gunshow Poophole posted:

DSA buddy of mine and his partner are now Sanders delegates for FL and he's gonna go and raise hell regardless of disappointment

tell him to boycott

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

PawParole posted:

tell him to boycott

There's some brainstorming goin on about how to most effectively leverage the appointment yeah :D

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

this is good, as it's the only way the super delegate changes could possibly withstand being rewritten

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Strong Sauce posted:

sanders is telling his delegates to stop acting up and shape up or else they're out.

he's bent the knee.

Could be playing the "long" game to the convention.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Finicums Wake posted:

this is good, as it's the only way the super delegate changes could possibly withstand being rewritten

gently caress the supers, and gently caress the democrats.

boycott it. There’s no progressive future for the democratic party

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Yeah, forfeit your delegate seat to a state appointed alternate. That will show the DNC

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

PawParole posted:

gently caress the supers, and gently caress the democrats.

boycott it. There’s no progressive future for the democratic party

While this election is a farce that can gently caress off, there is some minor chance that the next one may not be, if some changes can be made. Particularly if the current strat of trying to capture the nevertrumpers is made to dramatically fail.

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Corky Romanovsky posted:

Yeah, forfeit your delegate seat to a state appointed alternate. That will show the DNC

:agreed: even if nothing gets passed, at least raise some hell from within the DNC. Break them from within and without, together

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

StratGoatCom posted:

While this election is a farce that can gently caress off, there is some minor chance that the next one may not be, if some changes can be made. Particularly if the current strat of trying to capture the nevertrumpers is made to dramatically fail.

They will just coin a new term for the Republican moderates they absolutely need votes from.

Jimong5
Oct 3, 2005

If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!
Grimey Drawer

Strong Sauce posted:

https://twitter.com/BenjaminPDixon/status/1263963444308574215

white people thinking that making fun of biden has given them permission to be racist.

Don't forget Biden has literally said back in chains before:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gII8D-lzbA

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Jimong5 posted:

Don't forget Biden has literally said back in chains before:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gII8D-lzbA

Eh. That expression works and is accurate and was playing off a quote of Romney's. It's really not comparable to his latest series of trash statement's and beliefs.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Corky Romanovsky posted:

Yeah, this is why they should go and raise hell.

Also while the Dems are very likely beyond saving, it might be possible to wring a few more concessions out of them somehow in order to gain more ground in 2024. Likely third party is the way at this point but I think the left should still try to keep as many options open as possible

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

StratGoatCom posted:

I like those kinds of odds!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

NeverTrumpers are, by definition, gone from the party instantly in the best case scenario the Dems can dream up. It's the stupidest goddamned strategy if a party is aiming to win and wield power but a pretty smart one if they're cowards and controlled opposition. Basically ensures a lack of popular mandate the first two years, then a loss of both houses in 2022. The perfect cover to institute neoliberal austerity in an aw shucks our hands were tied! way that they loooooove to default to

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Feldegast42 posted:

Yeah, this is why they should go and raise hell.

Also while the Dems are very likely beyond saving, it might be possible to wring a few more concessions out of them somehow in order to gain more ground in 2024. Likely third party is the way at this point but I think the left should still try to keep as many options open as possible

voting is a joke - the powers that be only concede the right to vote to people once they've thoroughly beaten you and they only let you select from their preordained candidates

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

Vomik posted:

voting is a joke - the powers that be only concede the right to vote to people once they've thoroughly beaten you and they only let you select from their preordained candidates

This.

The notion that the “best” candidate rises to the top through an open marketplace of ideas is a total sham. I’m not sure why (half?) the country is aghast at the notion of a foreign country manipulating our elections through psyops, it’s the exact thing we do to ourselves each and every election, right down to school board and municipal elections.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I don’t think it’s unreasonable that people prefer American plutocrats pull the strings of democracy over foreign plutocrats.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

PeterCat posted:

Biden's fundraiser e-mails are not inspiring.

That simpering “Asking for your donation is one of the things I hate most about running for president” is such a pathetic cuck move. It doesn’t prime you to express how EXCITED you are about the ¡Jeb! Biden camping with a financial donation towards the cause. It just guilts you into doing it; specifically, only doing it once, or maybe not at all:

quote:

Look PeterCat, I know you’re not going to be able to give every time, but I’d be so grateful if you made an investment in our campaign to beat Donald Trump today.

People know implicitly that they don’t have to donate after every campaign email. You don’t have to use this passive aggressive language to get them to do it. It makes you feel more embarrassed then excited.

Again, instead of 2008 “Hope and change, let’s start a movement that transcends petty politics!” the Dem establishment has gone right back to 2016 “better fall in line, otherwise the nefarious Donald Trump will murder your family!”

Trumps Baby Hands has issued a correction as of 00:11 on May 25, 2020

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Shucks PeterCat, we'd do just about anything for a dollary-doo or two

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Vomik posted:

no one is saying only vote (as a delegate at the national convention). if you won that lottery and have the time to attend, you may as well attend. they are not going to gain or lose any sense of legitimacy by states sending alternate delegates because of your vanity protest. ultimately it is a battle of ideas and spending a bit of time trying to enlighten the other delegates from across the country is a worthy cause (in addition to all of the other efforts in our communities).

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

You have a better chance of getting attention being a problem at the convention than boycotting the convention.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

You have a better chance of getting attention being a problem at the convention than boycotting the convention.

a god damn idiot
Sep 7, 2006

Don't be a moron and get corona virus at the convention to make some statement about a campaign that is already over.

There are better things to be doing with your life. Like nothing at all.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

They're going to do a virtual convention to keep this from happening lol

Grapplejack has issued a correction as of 03:40 on May 25, 2020

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

start a food fight

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Tunicate posted:

start a food fight

If things get bad enough, that will just make everyone mad at you, like stealing a chicken during the Great Depression with the expectation that you'd be ending the means of egg production by eating the chicken rather than continuing the egg production after seizing the chicken

galenanorth has issued a correction as of 05:47 on May 25, 2020

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

StratGoatCom posted:

Surely Lucy will let us kick the football next time.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

General Dog posted:

I don’t think it’s unreasonable that people prefer American plutocrats pull the strings of democracy over foreign plutocrats.

:hmmyes:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Listen, I have no idea if it's a good idea or not. Just that if the goal is attention you would get more at the convention than boycotting. Beats me if the attention would do anything.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
History, good or bad, is definitely not made by staying home

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Heath posted:

you think that history will forget the lockdown??

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Heath posted:

nice framing but people are fixing the gently caress out of all sorts of problems while you are hanging your entire political identity on a vote for a lovely presidential candidate. You're the one staying home

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Squizzle posted:

you think that history will forget the lockdown??

It will lionize the protesters and the beachgoers because this country is dogshit

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Once again I'm getting e-mails and they keep getting sadder.

The claims are pretty outrageous too:
-Ending private funding for elections (good luck getting that past the Supreme Court)
-States that Trump has used the office to enrich himself (true, but so does everyone else. How much has Obama made after office?)
-Will require candidates to release 10 years of tax returns, specifically targeted at Trump (This won't matter as one way or another Trump won't be a candidate after November.)

Sad!

Also, constantly using someone's first name in conversation is a sales technique designed to give the impression of familiarity. Could also be because Biden won't be able to remember your name if it's not constantly repeated.

Team Joe posted:

Petercat,, this could be your LAST fundraising email!

PeterCat --

We know that all these fundraising emails can be tedious. But we send them because Trump is using his and the Republicans' fundraising machine to drown our politics in outside money.

That’s why Joe Biden released his plan to completely eliminate private dollars from our federal elections and create a system that is 100% publicly funded elections. That means we would never have to send you another fundraising email again.

If you support this, sign your name to be a citizen co-sponsor of Joe Biden’s plan to make sure government works for the people. We need to collect 50,000 co-sponsors today to help power this >>

YES, I SUPPORT THIS >>
PeterCat, we’ve seen what the corrosive influence of money in politics has done to this country. Trump has presided over the most corrupt administration in modern history.

He has abused the presidency to enrich himself.

And Trump has welcomed wealthy special interests -- including the National Rifle Association -- into the Oval Office and to the highest levels of his administration to develop and guide policy.

After we win the battle for the soul of the nation, the next president faces a monumental task to restore faith in government. Joe Biden will strengthen our laws to ensure that no future president can ever again use the office for personal gain.

Don’t wait. Sign your name to be one of our 50,000 citizen co-sponsors to make this plan a reality.

YES, I SUPPORT THIS >>
Oh, and one more thing: Biden will enact legislation that requires ALL candidates for federal office disclose returns dating back 10 years prior to the date they declared their candidacy for their first federal office.

He’s looking at you, Donald Trump.

YES, I SUPPORT THIS >>
Thanks for reading and hope to see you on our co-sponsor list,

Team Joe

Has the pandemic affected you personally, or do you just want to take a break from emails for a couple weeks? We understand. Click here to pause emails from the campaign for a two week period.

Any donor history information in this email reflects what we have on file for this specific email address. If you have donated with a different email, with a check, or with a spouse -- thank you so much! We have that on file and cannot thank you enough for supporting this campaign.

This email was sent to If we got your name or any information wrong -- we're so sorry! To update and correct your information click here. If you would like to receive fewer emails, click here. If you would like to unsubscribe, click here.

PeterCat, thank you so much for supporting Joe Biden’s Presidential campaign.

Change occurs because the conscience of a country begins to rise up and demand — demand change.

This isn’t the time to be complacent. If you are ready to fight for the soul of this nation, you can start by donating to elect Joe Biden by clicking the button below.

DONATE TO ELECT JOE BIDEN »

We know we send a lot of emails, and we are sorry about that. The reason? We are relying on grassroots supporters like you (we’re serious!).

But PeterCat, we don’t want to bother you. If you’d like to only receive our most important emails, click here. If you'd only like to receive volunteer emails, click here. If you’d like to unsubscribe from our emails, you can click here.

To make a contribution by mail, click here for instructions.

We sincerely thank you for your help and support.
- The entire Joe Biden for President team
Paid for by Biden for President

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Biden's campaign finance stuff is actually the one really good part of his platform

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

It rings a little Hollow when it comes from a man who is having private fundraisers that require you to deposit $2,800 or more to get a seat.