Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.

Songbearer posted:

What's this overhaul I'm hearing about

I've just gotten into the flow are they gonna make it super different

Armor gets rebalanced to be a percentage, thats it. The most bosses and enemies have is 50 or so maybe 60 for a heroic turret.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
After beating the final boss again I have realized that the artifact that grants you an extra dash is actually the best item in the game.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

The Bandana is also an excellent item, especially if you can pick up the ability that refreshes shields on dash.

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Magnets are my only weakness.
Picked this up the other day and it is super cool and fun! Haven't had a chance to roll through all the different classes yet, but Sniper and Engineer are pretty cool so far. Getting my rear end handed to me not long after the first boss pretty consistently, mostly due to becoming overconfident when I get a cool new gun :v:

Game is dope

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

Finished my first pistol run as riot guard with the master chief even managed to kill the transport with my plinker.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

forkbucket posted:

Picked this up the other day and it is super cool and fun! Haven't had a chance to roll through all the different classes yet, but Sniper and Engineer are pretty cool so far. Getting my rear end handed to me not long after the first boss pretty consistently, mostly due to becoming overconfident when I get a cool new gun :v:

Game is dope

You'll eventually adopt a more conservative approach, get used to your class and item cooldown and learn more about the weapons and it's pretty fun. I dumped like 50 hours into the game without even blinking (I barely play any video games) and that's with one or two classes.

My Engi build that finished the game at 140% and a near finish at 220% was:

Transmute and random perk (I just love transmute)

Missile Drone, Ammo Pickup (this is pretty important, it has a fine-ish print that gives all ammo pickups 15% heal on pickup so you'll be full health almost all the time).

I take any summon related item, preferably Phaser and Glider (or another turret) as my actives and fill the passives with GPS (early-mid levels), Tsunami Talisman and anything that has "trigger on shooting".

Open up with your missile drone in the middle of a group (it summons to where your pointer is on), drop all your summons and RMB and watch your robot army tear a second hole to everyone. Provide fire support instead of actively joining.

For bosses, just drop every summon you have and run around until it's dead.

Recycle every item that isn't a summon or super useful (tsunami talisman, mind control etc.) and upgrade your stuff like crazy with the fat stacks you make (Transmute and your class skills give you new items as you recycle). If you have the (extra drone after 10 recycle skill, even better)

Use the overclocker to repair or extend the duration of your summons. If you use it on yourself after level 10 (?) it gives back 5 of the scrap. If you jave a good gun, the firerate bonus makes things feisty and the class boost to drone rof after using overclock is kinda insane.

Walk around with 20 stacks of drone zeal with two drones and 4 summons like a baller (and die to a single shotgun dashing enemy :argh:)

Galewolf fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Mar 10, 2020

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
so far I am faceplanting on a mixture of the military base facecheck and final boss chamber

the complete lack of healing through the base with those crazy mobs that you also have to clear to get out safely is rough

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

U25is officially out. Now's a good time to pick it up

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I love everything about the update. New enemies (Doomba scary af), the varients all getting a neat floppy that tells you what it actually does, readable weapon perks and buffs, the armor rebalance. And a new legendary item for Engineers to drool over?

Also Hyper Adrenaline is no longer hair ripping-ly difficult solo at 2x mult vs previous 3x.

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Yesterday I had an awesome run as a Sniper where I got a divine rocket launching turret, a buttload of upgrades and an ULTRA purple machine gun with lifesteal which got me a bunch further, all the way until the fighter jet boss! But the poison from the level before left me with a sliver of health so the fighter jet just obliterated me immediately :v: this game rules. Also, the perfectionist in me appreciates the GPS thingamajig

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I like that recycling it pops a "who needs a map?" message

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Speaking of recycling: Does recycling just give you credits for the item, except I guess Engineer which gets a random equivalent rarity the first (?) time? Also, can you recycle weapons somehow?

Edit: VVVVVV Neat! Thanks for the info VVVVVV

forkbucket fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Mar 13, 2020

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Recycling gives you credits and some items give special, permanent benefits when you recycle them (you can buy an upgrade at the Research Tab that makes them visible). Weapons can't be recycled, only dropped (by default, L key)

Engineer has a perk called Transmute that gets you a random item of the same rarity the first time you do it, but they also have access to an upgrade that gives you a free item every third recycled item.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DeficientUnimportantChafer-mobile.mp4

Game good

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I did it. I actually did it.

I will never speak poorly of the Xbow again, it carried the hell out of me from the second level on. My secondary was an Alpha Boltcaster for when I needed to panic. The game taunted me with a Battlehymn in a shop in VR but it dropped as Overclocked and after a testfire I tossed that poo poo back on the ground. gently caress overheat lol.

Hyper Adren is overall way more managable of a gamemode now that the devs reduced it from 3x to 2x, especially solo. Yeah yeah, I know the devs intend HA to be a co-op game mode, I gotta be able to pause and take a break occasionally okay?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

the thought of being statted out to do anything but cower around corners and keep tight angles on incoming enemies in the military base is foreign to me

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Overclocked bullet hose rifles work pretty good with the Engi perk that removes overheat damage :getin:

It looks like this will be my favorite quarantine game.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

it was going well, turbo speed and turbo luck meant I could throw my pets at everything and be just fine. even picked up the gladiator, the big gatling gun

however in the final zone of the military base, which is always garbo, I spawned in an open field in the corner of the map next to a gattling turret and dancing around that attached a bunch of dudes so I can rushed and died without cover in five seconds

gently caress

that's not even a fun death that's just lovely level generation

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

The gladiator has one major upside, soft point rounds fired with the gun stun as if fired from an smg or a pistol. With hyper penetrator you can effortlessly crush groups of any foe. :getin:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Yeah, the military base has a couple of spawn in points that are just absolute garbage. Best one so far was spawning in an open field with no cover versus a turret and a tank, with an alarm pole and a shield dude right by it.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Dashing shotgunners are still my number one death reasons even when playing very carefully with summon spammer Engi.

Game good :getin:

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
I mostly die to the flamethrowers

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

If I die, it's in the Military Base, or it's due to some stupid overplayed-my-hand reason. Game good.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Found a Battle Hymn, fired once, unloaded all mag into half of the screen, overheated and instantly died.

10/10 GOTY

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

Zir has blessed me with a taste of the holy fire that is the Armageddon. I have touched the face of god and it burns with the fury of an overheating machine-gun.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Of course I then got demolished by a hyper trooper. Thanks curse!

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

By the way, the Curse of the Ignorant (+ damage reduction / - currency) stacks with itself. Super good if you are already set money-wise.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

All of the curses do, so stacking curse of the wicked is good on say, assassin who cant take more than 350 damage in one attack.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The "1 sec reduced cooldown on each kill" gun mod turns Engineer into a murdermachine. It's possible to have 4 turrets at the same time with lvl 25 perk for maximum DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
One time use special run loadout codes:
Paste in chat in a new Run

/BEES KNEES
/ARNIE (at best with demo)
/ZZSSHH (at best with demo)
/MALLNINJA (SOLO only!)
/SHINOBI
/ADDICT

- Get the Tec9 Pistol: Sign up to the newsletter for a code
- Get the Auto 9-45 Pistol: Enter code /CYBERPOLICE945 in chat!

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Is there serisouly no way to change you put items on the floor? Just lost one of my best runs as breaher because i killed myself with breach charge when trying to pick up wepaon upgrade kit.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Right click on the one you want to remove/move in the order, click-hold it will give you and option to drag and drop it or recycle it, giving credits and sometimes boosting items such as missile drone's damage.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Lost my first loop run to my own seth turret lmao

Buller
Nov 6, 2010

Justin Credible posted:

Right click on the one you want to remove/move in the order, click-hold it will give you and option to drag and drop it or recycle it, giving credits and sometimes boosting items such as missile drone's damage.

When you say click hold it do you mean left click?

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Buller posted:

When you say click hold it do you mean left click?

Right click and hold, the recycle icon shows up on the right side of the icons.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Yes but that doesnt work for me. My mouse will randomly release the right click and then click it again and thats how i breach cahrged myself to death.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Buller posted:

Yes but that doesnt work for me. My mouse will randomly release the right click and then click it again and thats how i breach cahrged myself to death.

The spring in your right click microswitch is hosed, look up your mouse name and microswitch to figure out which one it is, then just order like 10 of that microswitch for like a buck off of amazon, aliexpress or ebay and replace the spring, no soldering needed.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Look at this glorious thing. My run started with a weird loving noise that turned into me squealing in delight as I realized I got a Divine Riot Shield. I then found an Ultra Coilshotgun.

Interesting to note that Riotshield Bash damage is based on the weapon's damage! So +damage variants make shield bash real real good. With the prestige and level 25 perks my shield bash did 1080 a tick on unarmored targets.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

I played 33 hours of this two years ago and picked it up again today. Is it me or is the game much harder now? I don't remember getting curses so easily.
Also what's up with Raptor boss disappearing and doing strafing runs forever? How do I get it back so I can shoot it? When I last played it never left the arena.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

:getin: