Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
I have yet to see anything past the first boss fights in general but pretty much hooked. So far, Assasin and Commando feels like my kinda jam but Engineer can be ridiculously powerful with some good equipment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Mordja posted:

No idea what you mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5tsEJgPn30

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

I still can't go past second boss levels but engineer feels like the easiest to do so. Rolling around with 3 bots spew out lasers, missiles and rapid-fire bullets while I grenade robits from cover. The satellite items like Icarus work really fine with engineer with alot of cooldown reducing talents.

My second fav is Sniper but I feel like it's a bit less effective against bosses.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Panzeh posted:

I usually roll with heavy gunner because once you get a decent lmg your right click just makes it an unending hose of death- the only problem ends up being heat.

I wanted to give Heavy Gunner a go but it felt like really slow and immobile for a game where you pretty much end up dead the second you stop moving but I love the idea of spraying hot machine death so I'll give it a go.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Panzeh posted:

The starting machine gun is really bad but his innate with any other LMG is insanely good, especially once you get it upgraded.

I'm currently trying out HG since your post and, yeah, if you can find a good LMG it is just insane. I have found a Bren Anti Air and even with its finicky shooting it was amazing.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

I'm so glad that he covered this game, it's like dirt cheap on my local Steam (like, 5 pounds for the base game and 3 pounds for the DLC packs) but I already had much more play time than any game in a year. Gunplay, class customizaion, weapon and item randomization...just my kinda jam :getin:

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

I have killed myself more than enemies due to the very short range of Breaching Charge. I'm Engineer main all the way, having 3 active misl drones, two turrets and orbital strikes is just too much fun.

I can't make the Riot Guard or Assasin work but so Engi and HG are my homies.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

SaffronKit posted:

I always here complaints in the global chat about the jet boss and I've lierally never died to it. You always save your dash for crossing the middle and kill the wings asap.

Same here, for some reason I melt the Jet Boss in seconds. I dunno who but someone mentioned shooting wing weapon pods first before like yoi which works like a charm.

My most profilic boss deaths are caused by the APC due to rushing forward like an idiot and exposing myself to the rapid firing turrets.

Honestly, my end game boss is my brain going "Well, the turrets are on cd but I can take this group with just my weapons".

Also frequently died to those gliders with near invisible and super fast traveling taser stun.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

What I love about Engineer is that you can spawn your missile drone on whereever your mouse cursor is.

You can spawn a missile drone in the middle of a packed group and watch them kill each other by friendly fire.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Pound_Coin posted:

games good, global chat is full of loving 4chan nazis tho.

Having an army of turrets and bots is great;

Sup Engineer main bro :heysexy:

The thing is, this game kinda punishes hashtag yolo approach and Engineer plays so well turtling since you don't have a time limit and can wait until having full CD. The first setup I finished the game with %140 diff was Engineer with Transmute and Overdrive (more recycling and cd reduction over 40 heat) and constantly recycling shooting related items and actives in favor of 4 passives and 4 summons. I throw in Black Market Teleporter to play safe in case I get caught by teleporting of fast troops if possible.

I had Phaser and Gun Drone spawner in addition to Missile Drone and LMG Turret which is pretty much easy mode if you are patient and careful. Bosses are much easy since you literally never have to shoot your gun, just summon everything you have and dash around. The Arena Kings died pretty much off-screen against my army of drones.

Currently trying out Breacher, which is also pretty fun.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

I don't think there is a time limit or anything like that which makes classes like Assasin and Sniper super viable if you are patient. Run and gun is still possible but that usually ends up me dying to some random poo poo but nothing is more satisfying than HG bullet hosings robits.

If you want to finish the level or grind bosses for prestige shop, you can take it as slow as you like.

Edit: If you touch the teleporter but don't use it, it triggers a timer to finish the level.

Galewolf fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Mar 4, 2020

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Pound_Coin posted:

yeah, a vast majority of my engi deaths have been from running in like a dipshit chasing timed chests or the armoured transporter

After stopped doing exactly that, my runs became much succesful.

I think I die mostly to basketballs and dashing shotgun enemies now.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

forkbucket posted:

Picked this up the other day and it is super cool and fun! Haven't had a chance to roll through all the different classes yet, but Sniper and Engineer are pretty cool so far. Getting my rear end handed to me not long after the first boss pretty consistently, mostly due to becoming overconfident when I get a cool new gun :v:

Game is dope

You'll eventually adopt a more conservative approach, get used to your class and item cooldown and learn more about the weapons and it's pretty fun. I dumped like 50 hours into the game without even blinking (I barely play any video games) and that's with one or two classes.

My Engi build that finished the game at 140% and a near finish at 220% was:

Transmute and random perk (I just love transmute)

Missile Drone, Ammo Pickup (this is pretty important, it has a fine-ish print that gives all ammo pickups 15% heal on pickup so you'll be full health almost all the time).

I take any summon related item, preferably Phaser and Glider (or another turret) as my actives and fill the passives with GPS (early-mid levels), Tsunami Talisman and anything that has "trigger on shooting".

Open up with your missile drone in the middle of a group (it summons to where your pointer is on), drop all your summons and RMB and watch your robot army tear a second hole to everyone. Provide fire support instead of actively joining.

For bosses, just drop every summon you have and run around until it's dead.

Recycle every item that isn't a summon or super useful (tsunami talisman, mind control etc.) and upgrade your stuff like crazy with the fat stacks you make (Transmute and your class skills give you new items as you recycle). If you have the (extra drone after 10 recycle skill, even better)

Use the overclocker to repair or extend the duration of your summons. If you use it on yourself after level 10 (?) it gives back 5 of the scrap. If you jave a good gun, the firerate bonus makes things feisty and the class boost to drone rof after using overclock is kinda insane.

Walk around with 20 stacks of drone zeal with two drones and 4 summons like a baller (and die to a single shotgun dashing enemy :argh:)

Galewolf fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Mar 10, 2020

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Overclocked bullet hose rifles work pretty good with the Engi perk that removes overheat damage :getin:

It looks like this will be my favorite quarantine game.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Dashing shotgunners are still my number one death reasons even when playing very carefully with summon spammer Engi.

Game good :getin:

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Found a Battle Hymn, fired once, unloaded all mag into half of the screen, overheated and instantly died.

10/10 GOTY

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The "1 sec reduced cooldown on each kill" gun mod turns Engineer into a murdermachine. It's possible to have 4 turrets at the same time with lvl 25 perk for maximum DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Unstable mass is a fuckin nightmare and I hate it so much. If your class has any invul skills (like Commando dash) it becomes slightly easier but I always have hard time with non Engi non Commando classes.

Tbh the super secret Engineer strat of "dropping all turrets and summons and dashing away until boss does" works for every boss anyway.

Riot Guard might be quite useful there with the AoE stun.