Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
I main demo and i kill myself nearly every game. Just now to charging into my own double acid grenades. That being said, its my most consistent class to get to the final room along with heavy gunner. Methodical overwheming firepower saves the day everyday.
The beta adds a lot more tooltips on gun variants. The biggest change is that armor values are reworked into percentages vs flat.

Edit: Tips for Demo:

0) Take two launchers//hazardous weapons
1) Intensity Chamber is vital, your hits will refill ammo for your other guns and occasionally the equipped one, get it asap, keeps you from ever running dry.
2) Missile drone shots and acid grenade allow you to detonate your seismic from a distance. And the acid grenade freely kills turrets the entire game.
3) Mod your launchers for damage, the damage for recoil mod means nothing to you. Boss damage is important and stacks with the core passive. Finally for any auto fire launchers, like the flametongue, mod hair trigger to convert to semi auto and even more damage. These weapons have a high enough rof and damage that auto fire is mostly overkill. The rare weapon attachments are pretty good, make sure to take titanium rifling to counter super heavy, though ill have to do testing to figure out if falloff affects explosions.
4) Take Unceasing and Transmutate to start. Your passive perma 4% scav bonuses on Ultra Kills means tou get a ton of stuff and using the prayer shrines occasionally gets you blood rite which you turn into another legendary item. Pick up Chromatic Armor and Charge if you see them.
5) Proc explosions (sidewinders, mavericks, m203, sticky bomb) are all more powerful for you and keep even your pistol relevant (i prefer Last Breath).
6) Stepping on the exit pad causes all enemies in a massive radius to rush the point. Setting up fat ultra kills.

HukHukHuk fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Feb 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

More dudes, slightly tougher dudes, more elites for terror level. I highly recommend playing the beta, armor is now a percentage and theres tooltips for things now.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

Tip for the miltiary base: kill the flamethrower dudes asap and the ghosts become vulnerable after they fire a burst. Also ghosts are always vulnerable to explosions and fire

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

Usually ???? Items are minimum 350% power, that's just a bug

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

Xerxes17 posted:

Heavy Gunner owns, just upgrade the poo poo out of the onslaught system the first chance you get and you'll be tooling around with a gun that will never run out of ammo.

I don't get the hate for the starter MG though, it seems really good to me compared to the MAG, Bren and etc.

Onslaught + Stims

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

Songbearer posted:

What's this overhaul I'm hearing about

I've just gotten into the flow are they gonna make it super different

Armor gets rebalanced to be a percentage, thats it. The most bosses and enemies have is 50 or so maybe 60 for a heroic turret.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

Finished my first pistol run as riot guard with the master chief even managed to kill the transport with my plinker.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

U25is officially out. Now's a good time to pick it up

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

The gladiator has one major upside, soft point rounds fired with the gun stun as if fired from an smg or a pistol. With hyper penetrator you can effortlessly crush groups of any foe. :getin:

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

All of the curses do, so stacking curse of the wicked is good on say, assassin who cant take more than 350 damage in one attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

New beta is out trying to fix all the multiplayer bugs