Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Beta branch for next update will be available tomorrow, it's a variant and armor rework plus it finally adds tooltips for weapon perks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Phasing dudes also have black dots below their HP bar - those represent their ammo. They become vulnerable to conventional weapons when the black dots disappear and a white bar that rapidly fills up appears in their place. Some other units also have black dots, such as some turrets and drones.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

The Discord server so far has been a better than global chat and it's been really helpful but as you can expect, there are a lot of Sseth fans.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Beta has been updated with the final changes and it's basically good to go except for a bug where the game locks up in very specific circumstances due to crystal floors, so it won't be pushed live until that is fixed next week. Meanwhile I recommend everyone to try out the beta, the perk info is great.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I like that recycling it pops a "who needs a map?" message

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Recycling gives you credits and some items give special, permanent benefits when you recycle them (you can buy an upgrade at the Research Tab that makes them visible). Weapons can't be recycled, only dropped (by default, L key)

Engineer has a perk called Transmute that gets you a random item of the same rarity the first time you do it, but they also have access to an upgrade that gives you a free item every third recycled item.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Yeah, the military base has a couple of spawn in points that are just absolute garbage. Best one so far was spawning in an open field with no cover versus a turret and a tank, with an alarm pole and a shield dude right by it.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

By the way, the Curse of the Ignorant (+ damage reduction / - currency) stacks with itself. Super good if you are already set money-wise.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

You can always rotate between the three guns you are holding. The Heavy Gunner can have 4 weapons in total, but only the Riot Guard can get rid of the pistol.

If I have a good weapon with a good roll (like say an Alpha Coil Shotgun), I'll start dumping kits on it ASAP. After you max out attachments, the next 2-3 kits increase the weapon's base stats. Afterwards, it's only a very minor damage increase so you can recycle them for 10 data each. If I don't have a good weapon at hand but my pistol is good, I dump a few on it (for example the Master Chief or the Tec-9). If I have a bad pistol and badly-rolled weapons, I just save them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I use the mouse wheel to scroll through all three weapons, no problems there at least.

The +25% difficulty modifier is the easiest way to reach the 140% diff. modifier you need to unlock the run completion perks for each class. Once you've cleared the game at least once (or gotten to the last set of levels, the Military Base), it makes the first four levels considerably more fun. Without it, there's a noticeable difficulty gap between levels 1-4 and 5-8. Besides, more enemies means more chances at drops. Personally, I enable that modifier plus Deflection and Faster Projectiles to reach 140%, but you could easily replace Faster Projectiles with Jamming.