Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LionEyez
Aug 17, 2014

Stairmaster posted:

Tips for the fighter jet boss?

Never stand directly in front of it, save your dashes for side-to-side movement. Also moving closer towards it causes it to glide back, which may actually save you as well, depending on what it's doing.

Though pretty much it's just about dumping damage on it as fast as possible. Like the Last Defender (or is there actually a strategy there? I've beaten it with a few classes but I find I'm very reliant on a good weapon drop + matching upgrades)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionEyez
Aug 17, 2014

Megasabin posted:

I ended up putting about 20-25 hours into this game, but I'm pretty done with it. Maxed out the Raider Class. Had a great time.

The disco electrified floor room right before the end pretty much killed the game for me. I got to a few times and each time it felt supremely unfair. The game isn't easy in general, but I never felt the difficulty was bad, except for that room.

Yeah, I've died there a lot as well. I just hit level 25 with all classes, not sure about total playtime but I feel fairly comfortable with this room now. If the floor pattern is not good, I'll just back off and let it take a little longer. It also helps to not shoot anything unless you have to. And always assume the enemy teleporting in next to you is a suicide bomber type - because of course it will be when you don't expect it.

You can also take cover behind the wall to the next room without triggering the Last Defender if you want to regen a bit before facing the boss.

LionEyez
Aug 17, 2014

I've tried the demo for 2 and, I guess Synthetik 1 being one of my GOAT I had pretty high expectations. It felt ...off, in a lot of ways. Most importantly the feel of the guns. Most weapons I picked up were inaccurate bullet hoses and it felt like the reload time was a lot longer.

On the other hand it's an early alpha and I do have faith in the devs to tweak it just right.