Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
Just started playing this. Not sure I understand the inventory/weapon management. You can hold 3 guns, but only change between 2 of them at a time, with one being the pistol? What's the point of holding the 3rd gun?

Any tips for how to use upgrade kits? Do you save them till you get a good weapon or just use as you go?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
Hmm. There is only a single keybind to cycle through weapons and when I use it only cycles through the last two weapons you've used. So that 3rd weapon has to be selected manually with a different key. Is this intentional? I'd really rather be able to just cycle through all 3 with press of a button. This game has enough poo poo going on to hit a separate button in the middle of a firefight.

How bad of a idea is it to turn on that 25% difficulty modifier that makes the first 4 levels more difficult? I figure by the time I learn to get through the more difficult version of the starting levels I'll be ready to tackle the later levels as well. Unless of course it really makes it so challenging that even people who are good at the game avoid it.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

Buller posted:

I dont like the faster bullets one, makes it too hard to dodge.

I turned that on as soon as I started playing along so I didn't even think it was possible to dodge other than using the dash. Maybe I should try without it.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
I ended up putting about 20-25 hours into this game, but I'm pretty done with it. Maxed out the Raider Class. Had a great time.

The disco electrified floor room right before the end pretty much killed the game for me. I got to a few times and each time it felt supremely unfair. The game isn't easy in general, but I never felt the difficulty was bad, except for that room.