Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Just watched the first installment! It's gonna take me a little while to get caught up, but rewatching the intro, I just could not get a slight, deliberate misspelling of Link's name out of my head.

"...Lunk!
...Lunk!
Open your eyes!
Wake up, Lunk!"

So yeah. I'm not sorry. :v:

Also, re 'Ubisoft Towers' - In Ubisoft games, they put all the map markers for points of interest, side quests, etc. on your map as soon as you activate a tower, which is what people were complaining about. In BotW, you just get the map.

Also: I didn't realize Hylia was first introduced in Skyward Sword. I thought she dated from earlier, but go figure...

Also, re Link's bombs: bomb explosion = blue shell explosion :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Caught up with the second video.

I can confirm that Stal enemies can appear on rocky areas (such as Gerudo), and I was under the impression that probably snowy areas too...
I actually liked them better than regular enemies, because if you headshot them, they die instantly. Once I left the Great Plateau, I ignored what the king said and buggered off to Gerudo Canyon/Highlands, and so I had to survive for a while without being very strong, so I got good with a bow. KOing skeletons was my only source of weapons for a while.

(I also hadn't learned how to start fires, and didn't know where any cooking pots were, at the time, so.)

Also: Adding an acorn to other dishes will increase their heart yield.

Also: I didn't actually get the Warm Doublet the normal way... because I couldn't figure out how to catch fish. (I thought Link would find a rod at some place).
So I trekked up to the top of Mt. Hylia, restoring my health regularly, but then... the Old Man is up there if you get there without the Warm Doublet, to give it to you. So I decided I'd talk to him after doing the shrine. But once you do that, he leaves, and I didn't figure out I could get it from him until after he had vanished from the Plateau.

So at this point I stopped the game and googled how to get another Warm Doublet - apparently it appears in a chest in his house after he vanishes, a place which I had not thought to check.

Also: "...a Link that has a big, defined personality."
ANIME Link? :3:

Also: I honestly love the BotW voice acting.

Also: Link's concept-art dad looks like Alfonzo from Spirit Tracks.

Molten take: Just like Mario in every game is the same Mario, Link in every game is the same Link.
To accomplish this, Link is clearly a Time Lord.

Also: The game is more likely to display the 'cook some #$#%' tip on the loading screen if you've just been beaten up.

Also: It's good that you're not doing the korok seeds. The main game took me 100-150 hours. The Korok Seeds, we-ll...

Re shrines and "Items you can get elsewhere" - one of the shrines in or around the Dueling Peaks has the Climber's Bandana in a chest. You might want that!

Re "I don't believe in ghosts" - do you believe in goats?
Though, for the ghost hunter shows things, I'm told a ghost hunting show where the team had a home inspector in it would be pretty funny.

Wait, there's a CHEST with HYLIAN TROUSERS on the GREAT PLATEAU?! I had to BUY those!! :stonk:

Good way to get rupees without playing Snowling: cook elixirs and high-end dishes and sell them! If you're careful about where/what you sell you can make bank.

Also, Urbosa is my favorite Champion. She's so cool...

Anyway, this is coming along nicely!

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Watched the third video, and in the middle of the fourth. Congrats on your first Flurry Rush!

Yeah, I forgot to mention last time that mining also is a good way to make bank. I marked high-quality gem deposits on my map when I found them...

I think Amiibos retail for $13-16 each? But it's more where I live :(

Xenoblade Chronicles is the guy in smash who says, "I'm really feelin' it!" with an australian accent.

Iwata died too soon. When you get to the credits, take a look towards the end.

Re places of safety in Hyrule: I joke that BotW is Post Post Apocalyptic, seeing as the world ended, and now people are rebuilding.
It'll help once the Blood Moon thing dissipates.

Fun fact about Link's HP: If Link is at full HP and takes a very strong hit, he'll survive with 1/4 of a heart.
Guardians ignore this.

The Silver Lynels with the clubs are still a pain, though. The club is a lot harder to dodge because of the shockwave.

"What animal was that?" [that they were eating]
Horse. Bet you anything.

"Sidetracked" - this is Sidetracked: The Game. Don't feel bad about it!

I love the 'tower activation' soundtrack. It's so... triumphant.

Fairies - you don't actually cook them. They just sprinkle fairy dust into the dish and fly away.

re Shrine Time: Shrine Time! Shrine Time! Shrine Time!

You absolutely can use Cryonis on Bottomless Bogs.

Horses: You can also bring a BEAR to the stable and make everyone panic. But you can't stable one, sadly.

Beamos: When I first ran into a Decayed Guardian, on the Great Plateau, I thought - "Oh hey, it's a beamos! I can run past it, but if worst comes to worst, I can probably take one shot."
I could not take one shot.