Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
free burt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Oh just realized Burt owned himself. rip our fast food forum.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Let ollie live.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

RocktheCaulk posted:

Oh just realized Burt owned himself. rip our fast food forum.

It's still coming. Lowtax said so himself. Jeffrey just needs a little extra time cause he's cooking up something special.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

J lo got down low I was impressed with her glitter sumo squat

CHUCK WAS TAKEN
Aug 1, 2004
this kid has heart
My gf told me jlo always sings live

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Horney is prohibited

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Video Nasty posted:

Prince absolutely did not lip sync his performance.

I think he was the last act that did any real performing?

feller
Jul 5, 2006

prince was horny af and i miss his dicktar somethin fierce

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

precision posted:

I think he was the last act that did any real performing?

I thought the catalyst was Ashlee Simpson at the Orange Bowl, where she for once did not lip-sync, and it was notably awful.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh wow how did I miss

2003: Shania Twain, No Doubt, Sting

That... sure is a list of three musical acts lol

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I'm not sure if lipsyncing is even that big of a deal at the Superbowl. I don't think its a great environment or a great place to perform or something, Eeen Whitney Houston lip synced a pre recorded version and she's one of the greatest vocalists ever.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

ay dios mio

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Too bad that had to end on such a lovely note.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I know the Stones didn't lip sync because their performance was awful and sounded like dog shite. I think that was the last time they tried to let a whole band play all their instruments

I can't imagine Springsteen lip synced because that's just so off brand for him

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

The point of the halftime show is showmanship rather than technical talent, and that entails moving around the stage quite a bit.

Now, if you're an entertainment god like Prince, that will never be a problem, but if you're in your 60s and 70s and can barely hold your instruments upright, you are going to lose breath even after an 11 minute performance, and that's what happened to the Rolling Stones and the Who.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

The shameful thing is when they lip-sync the national anthem, they've been doing that a lot more in the last decade or so. Like it's fine if you're dancing and there's a huge stage show and costume changes and stuff. But if a star vocalist just needs to stand there and sing the most recognizable song in America a capella and can't even pull that off, what's even the point.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Sir Paul did well

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017
I also have a hard time keeping my instrument upright after performing for 11 minutes.

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Strange, this never seems to be an issue for me when your moms in the audience

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
goodnight sweet prince...

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

I watched the super bowl with my mom (and a bunch of other people not just my mom, I'm not lame) and when this happened I laughed out loud and she said "Oh, this noise has a certain cultural significance in some countries" and I told her that I'm pretty sure it means the same thing in all cultures. and then everyone other than my mom laughed

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Shakira's been my favorite of the pop stars for years and years now and I blame my Sophomore spanish teacher for introducing us

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The only thing I don't understand about lip syncing is why they bother holding mics or whatever like just own it

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Queen, noted for their chaste lifestyle and signing the praises of thin bottomed girls.

tmm3k
Jul 19, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EjyPIzkdHo

Congrats to Mo Collins on a fine Super Bowl Halftime Show.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

I hate these loving shitheads

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Queen: their most famous song is about the execution of a convicted murderer and is based on the writings of a noted French communist
J-Lo: has a butt

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Stex T posted:

Queen: their most famous song is about the execution of a convicted murderer and is based on the writings of a noted French communist
J-Lo: is a scientology sympathizer and has a butt

fixed

death to scientology

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The battalion commander offered no sitrep as to jlos status

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Tom Gorman posted:

The shameful thing is when they lip-sync the national anthem, they've been doing that a lot more in the last decade or so. Like it's fine if you're dancing and there's a huge stage show and costume changes and stuff. But if a star vocalist just needs to stand there and sing the most recognizable song in America a capella and can't even pull that off, what's even the point.

like i said earlier, the most iconic version ever of the superbowl american anthem was prerecorded and lipsynced by whitney houston, its not exactly new. They just don't want any clicks or pops or tech errors during the anthem

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

boyz 2 men did an amazing national anthem a couple days ago and theyre like 50 now

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

"Stex T" posted:

J-Lo: has a butt

$20M butt

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gerard Pique is a lucky dude. Imagine winning the World Cup and then going back to your hotel and banging Shakira, he actually did that.

What a life.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
she did a good job

louis friend
Oct 7, 2005
franky I think burts punishment was excessive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit