Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Zesty posted:

Was that the posts he made here?

Frankly, I haven't really cared what he has had to say since his defense of Skupin's... online activities.

Yep. And fair enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Jfc.

But wait, there's more.

https://twitter.com/zekerchief/status/1402814705849171968?s=20

Zesty fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jun 10, 2021

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Yes all a companies bad deeds are forgiven once they cut you a check!

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

I don’t understand why Zeke wouldn’t just lay low and keep his mouth shut about that… Why publicly jump to their defense on Twitter when nobody associated you with them until now?

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
lol gross

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pandaal posted:

I don’t understand why Zeke wouldn’t just lay low and keep his mouth shut about that… Why publicly jump to their defense on Twitter when nobody associated you with them until now?

I don't know his whole deal but it feels like a case of

as usual, class trumps other considerations

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Lol what a stupid unneeded take

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Brock Samson posted:

Lol what a stupid unneeded take

Same to you buddy

In case I was unclear, the higher people go up the wealth and power ladder the less they tend to care about the plight of anyone but their new socioeconomic stratum

I really don't think this is a very hot take

Of course he might just also be a doofus

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Pretty sure Brock was dunking on Zeke. Not you.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Zesty posted:

Agreed. It wasn't an attack.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!
Zeke flying up out of that well to inform people they participate in society

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Zesty posted:

Yeep apologies for not being clear

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Brock Samson posted:

Yeep apologies for not being clear

ah fair enough, we cool

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Hell, fellow Survivor fans. For some reason I had this thread unbookmarked. Probably the victim of a fit of depression and "I'm over all of it" I recently suffered. But I had to dig it up to say that any past posts I've made about how I'm sad Survivor doesn't do more survival stuff have now been answered because I've discovered Naked & Afraid XL and holy loving poo poo. This show is like everything I've always wondered if a Survivor would do and more. These fuckers caught like half a dozen alligators! They built rafts, canoes, and bridges! They had to vacate their camps and search for new more fertile ground only to come across each other and merge tribes! They stole honey from bees and shot a squirrel with an arrow! I love this insane stupid show and anyone wanting to see more survival stuff on Survivor like hunting, hunger, building shelters, sickness, and HIDING FROM loving BEARS! I'd very much suggest you check this out.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jun 21, 2021

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Regular naked and afraid is a treasure. You see the most demented people go into the wild and almost die cause they’re dumb. They also do not get paid for any of it.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I haven't seen Naked & Afraid yet, although might change that this week. If you want a hardcore survival show though, Alone is pretty crazy... Although a couple seasons get kind of dark with people clearly torturing themselves because they really just need the money...

Has to be tough being basically Alone most of the time (they do medical and swap memory cards and batteries) and trying to be the last person to tap out... but not knowing how long the show will go...

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I just hate the naked part. its so skeevy and weird, and unnecessary.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It is a little bit, it would probably be much more boring though. The smart ones make their own clothes. Most don’t even make it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I haven't seen Naked & Afraid yet, although might change that this week. If you want a hardcore survival show though, Alone is pretty crazy... Although a couple seasons get kind of dark with people clearly torturing themselves because they really just need the money...

Has to be tough being basically Alone most of the time (they do medical and swap memory cards and batteries) and trying to be the last person to tap out... but not knowing how long the show will go...

The most recent season of Alone that dropped on Netflix added an end date to get rid of the anxiety of how long things will go. Contestants need to get to 100 days to win, no matter what.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Max posted:

The most recent season of Alone that dropped on Netflix added an end date to get rid of the anxiety of how long things will go. Contestants need to get to 100 days to win, no matter what.

I watched through that season in the fall or so. I am pretty sure they mention it at some point in the season, but even then it wasn't a set 100 day competition, they still only had 1 million dollar prize to whoever lasted longest. If somehow 2 people made it, the competition would have kept going past the 100 day mark... But the health checks pretty much make it nearly impossible for anyone to actually make it that long since you have to have some insane skills or luck to keep your BMI up for that long surviving outdoors in the winter...

Although it's a really good & fun season.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Invalid Validation posted:

It is a little bit, it would probably be much more boring though. The smart ones make their own clothes. Most don’t even make it.

Yeah, the naked thing is weird but the show and the characters don't really leer or anything. I guess that makes it kind of weirder since its just the implication and for weirdos trying to peek through the blurs or something. It did set up extra survival stuff in this season I watched like people having injuries or infections that kept them from doing stuff because they couldn't cover them up to affect them. Its probably an unnecessary added hurdle and the whole thing's probably a weird way to sell sex. But I dunno. The big lasting impression I have of it from this season is the fat old guy who keeps going spread eagle to have a medic check the injury on his balls. Hot.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

You wouldn’t want the non blurred version, human bodies are gross as hell.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I got really into Naked and Afraid a few years ago but they all started to feel pretty samey especially once they started doing returning players after like one season.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
It may not be skeevy in the show, but the nudity is part of it to catch new viewers. It's in the title for a reason. So it is skeevy.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Looten Plunder posted:

I don't think we'll even notice the 26 days from a format perspective. Theyll just chuck out the day that doesn't have immunity/reward.

Hope it doesn't become the norm though.

Looten Plunder posted:

There is an element of this, but I don't think it can understated how much food deprivation, long boring days on a desert island away from family and friends, terrible whether and being in a constant state of paranoia can wear away at a person. The 30+ days can dramatically affect how someone would otherwise play the game as a result. It's these reasons I'm not so quick to pull the trigger on the "just do whatever, it's not like we see any of it anyway"
total same. theyll just speed it up on the island while packaging it for tv just the same, so itll be mostly fine even though it's bad in general. but this isnt some rinky dink production where you can only rent the house for 5 days, it's way better to use the full time to let bonds form during downtime than to just go game-game-game

also imagining jeff saying "26 days, 1 survivor" is throwing me off

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

lmao zeke cmon. even putting aside the pinkwashing aspect of a bombs and death company espousing liberal causes... the post zeke originally replied to was literally proof that raytheons support for progressive causes is fake, surface level bullshit. like, he replied to a post that was already pointing out the hypocrisy of posturing as progressive on social issues while giving $18.5k to the campaign of mitch mcconnell while he blocks the Equality Act. he was preemptively owned by the post he was replying to!!!!

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Well, Survivor AU is off to a fun start.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Well holy poo poo, didn't realize they were airing it already.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Survivor Aus is going to be epic. It’s filmed in Australia this season and unlike US season 2 it’s actually being filmed in the outback and not a subtropical coastal location. The environmental conditions alone are going to be absolutely brutal on them.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

random survivor related thoughts:
1. its going to be forever notoriously difficult to google/wiki survivor stuff sans spoilers isn't it? Wikipedia is a mine field. I remember this every couple years when I decide to "get back into survivor"
2. they would do well to even more aggressively steal from social deduction games/the genius. blood on the clocktower has that ghost variant where dead still get one vote to be used on any future day.
3. the best form of survivor is forum survivor followed closely by that 90s best survivor moments website.
4. i heard the new survivor south africa has a diverse cast and is good.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Pretty crazy advantage for the 1st tribal. To be able to pull yourself and 5 others out. Doesn't seem like he used it strategically though since you can leave the players to vote your target out...

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012
Can we get some spoiler tags in here? For those of us who aren't caught up. I'm a couple seasons behind on Australian Survivor but I hope not to have to tune out this thread and miss out on US Survivor news.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

oopsie rock posted:

Can we get some spoiler tags in here? For those of us who aren't caught up. I'm a couple seasons behind on Australian Survivor but I hope not to have to tune out this thread and miss out on US Survivor news.

Any actual spoilers, sure I'd spoil. But just an advantage in the game and even how it could have been used isn't really spoiler worthy. Although if there was enough interest, I can just make a new thread which I've done the last couple seasons.

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Any actual spoilers, sure I'd spoil. But just an advantage in the game and even how it could have been used isn't really spoiler worthy. Although if there was enough interest, I can just make a new thread which I've done the last couple seasons.

The twists and advantages on Australian Survivor are a cut above the US version's and I like being surprised by them. But I guess I can just stop following the thread now that it's become a catchall.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

There is a woman this year in AU who believes she can do touch telepathy mind-reading.

Here is a spoiler she doesn't and is crazy

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Just make a new thread. Threads are free.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

There is a woman this year in AU who believes she can do touch telepathy mind-reading.

Here is a spoiler she doesn't and is crazy

When I saw her intro I knew she would be tv gold

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Alright, gently caress it friends. Lets not let the US Survivor thread cry because they haven't had any Survivor in a year. Here is the Australian Survivor thread! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3973906

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
41 Cast released, for whomever is itching to create a new thread:

https://ew.com/tv/survivor-41-cast-photos-bios/

RHAP breakdown first thoughts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy2fzUJJ6CM

Teek fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Aug 30, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nexous
Jan 14, 2003