Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes

SweetJahasus posted:

I think all of y'all are underestimating the impact that pre-game alliances are going to have on this season. I'm cold on Kim not because she's seen as a threat, but because she's not a part of the "community" and surely doesn't have the relationships with the necessary people. There are a lot of poker players on this cast...that is important. They are all friends. There are a lot of people who have played previous all-star seasons together and have a rapport. That is important.

She literally played poker with Rob, Tyson, and Jeremy .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxsTkHDGc2Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007

The Lord Bude posted:

I haven't watched survivor in at least 6 or 7 seasons but I'm sorely tempted to come back for this one. Really pissed off they didn't bring Cochran back though.

Both spoiler sources and Probst have said that they asked Cochran and he declined, probably because he figured he'd be an early boot

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
I'm dying at them showing a poker night clip in the episode LOL

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
https://twitter.com/elizaorlins/status/1227770281864941568

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

I agree that Richard Hatch should've been picked but I understand why not.

I think the main point of her tweet was that Ben sucks lol

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Really interesting to see Tyson and Kim on the bottom and scrambling like this.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007

JesusSinfulHands posted:

She literally played poker with Rob, Tyson, and Jeremy .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxsTkHDGc2Y

can't believe this video is a central storyline of this season of survivor

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
At first I was displeased that Ben was on but if he's gonna be a clown bumbling around with no idea what he's doing I'm OK with it. High chance he flames out JT in Heroes vs Villains or Game Changers style the way he's going.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Rob and Sandra tension over him not telling her that he was going to be on S40 is 100% real. Inside sources have confirmed it, Rob literally told Dalton Ross in pre-game press that he did not tell Sandra he was on the season (and that he wanted to target her), Sandra told Dalton Ross pre-game that she didn't know if Rob was on, Sandra says on TV that she was upset Rob didn't tell her that she was on the season, at the CBS panel a week ago there was clearly still tension between Sandra and Rob when they talked abut it in front of a live audience. I wrote a post documenting all this on reddit.

tl;dr: Occam's Razor, if Rob and Sandra seem upset at each other it's because they actually are, instead of being some secret conspiracy.

Personally I think it is very poor gameplay on Rob's part to not tell anyone beforehand that he and Amber were on S40 or make any pregame alliances despite being told by Sandra that pregame alliances were critical in Game Changers, and then target Sandra right off the bat. Sandra was perfectly right to go after Amber, Amber and Rob both said pregame that Sandra was the #1 person that they wanted to get out which completely baffles me. They needed all the allies that they could get!

JesusSinfulHands fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Feb 18, 2020

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007

Chic Trombone posted:

Y'know, as someone who's never actually watched Survivor before, I think I picked a weird season to start.

Still gonna watch it.

what were your impressions of the first ep?

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Tony is a national treasure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp-2wB9uhvo

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
I have a feeling Cochran would have been a big target on this season, almost as big as Boston Rob and Sandra, so I understand his reservation in coming back. Should have still done it though

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
You could tell that Sele was going to tribal if you follow the edit closely. All of the Dakal content was spread out across multiple people, just like last week when half the tribe talked about Tony's ladder because they only had limited time.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Official Survivor account now trolling Adam

Only registered members can see post attachments!

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Rob is not winning poo poo this season, it is clear he is not dictating the vote on Sele and it is only by the grace of the other players on the tribe that he and Parvati are still in. He also completely blew the pregame making an enemy out of Sandra when that could have been easily avoided. I doubt he lasts much longer in this season.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007

Khanstant posted:

Ben/Adam/Rob is t he funniest possible trio from their original tribe. The doof, the goof, and the boof

What are the odds that even though they are in the majority they gently caress it up and turn on each other? Has to be very high right?

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Adam of all people leading the cast of Winners at War in confessionals, how did this happen

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Tony's ladder is back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4fP_Ypg_b4

More secret scenes at that dude's youtube channel

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Predictably, a lot of people are not taking this episode well (read some of the comments)

https://www.instagram.com/p/B95U-OVJt5q/

edit: warning, offensive content below

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200319/5d288edde701996ec925117eae1b3b0b.jpg

JesusSinfulHands fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Mar 19, 2020

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

imagine playing the game for 39 days and not bringing anything warm for rain the second time

You are aware that the producers choose the clothes for the players right?

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
The slots machines are metaphorical for their interpersonal relationship

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Tyson/Jeremy/Kim teaming up. There needs to be a good name for that alliance.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Why did the big group not split the votes 3-3-3? If Kim had correctly deduced that it was Tyson and Michele had not flipped they ran the risk of getting one of theirs sent home...

Why were Nick and Michele on totally different sides of the vote? Were they on the same page after all because they voted together???

This episode was a loving mess.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007

Twin Cinema posted:

I have only started to watch Survivor in the last few seasons, so I don't know who anyone is outside of Nick (and then Boston Rob and Sandra because of last season), but Tony is rocketing up to my favourite player. He is just chaos. Then next week they show him hiding in the trees? How can you not love that?

Watch his original season (season 28 - Cagayan)

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Things seem to have gotten pretty ugly on social media. Ben, Nick, Denise, and Sarah all deactivated their twitters since the last ep aired:

https://www.reddit.com/r/survivor/comments/gbl1ho/another_one_gone/

https://www.reddit.com/r/survivor/comments/gb8hpv/ben_has_deactivated_his_twitter_due_to_all_the/

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
We still have 50 minutes. Are we having the EoE challenge, or its setup at the end of this episode?

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Because he has a lot of flash and pizzazz, people really underestimate Tony's social game. Everyone seems to like him on both seasons. Even Yul was like this guy seems pretty cool and they could not be any more different as people.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Fire tokens are in-game currency, Natalie is the one who spent $$$ on IAP

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Rob C jokingly suggested that if they can't get to Fiji, they should just get a ranch in the US and do Survivor WIld West with a hokey cowboys theme

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

Hell yes! Also, put loving dividers up.

challenge distancing?

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Is Tony the only person who watchd EoE??? Didn't Chris get a free idol coming back

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sarah taking sexism seriously because it happened to her is a very Sarah thing to do

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Why did Natalie and Michele choose to vote out Denise over Sarah?

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
This F5 idol is about to be super super super super super super important.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Ben pulling an Ian Rosenberger is not what I expected

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
The funny thing is, I think Sarah has a better chance to win if she votes out Michele and gets Ben to beat Tony in fire, leading to a Sarah/Ben/Natalie F3

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sarah should have voted out Michele instead of Ben at F5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
This cast is full of married people with kids, if Natalie or Michele played a demonstrably better game than Sarah or Tony then it wouldn't matter but I think it'll make a difference. People gonna want to reward the person with kids with $2 mill over Michele.