Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
I haven't watched the last two seasons, but here's hoping this season isn't a complete production mess. I also kinda hope some of the big threats are taken out early. though I don't think people should really be gunning for Sandra until late pre-merge/post-merge, when she's such a perfect decoy vote.
but Rob, Tony, Ben (what with the idol hunting), Kim, Parvati? those should be the biggest targets. I think Amber's probably going fairly early. Nick was always fairly useless in challenges, so he's at huge risk if anyone cares about tribal strength.

rooting for: Denise, Jeremy, Natalie, Michele, Sophie, Yul, Nick, Adam, Sandra
rooting against: Rob, Amber, Parvati, Ben, Tony, Sarah
neutral: Kim, Wendell, Ethan, Danni, Tyson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

thinking about it logically the whole cast makes sense. Richard has legal issues, the producers might be concerned Tina is too old, Vecepia is not good TV, Brian...uh, well let's not talk about Brian, Jenna if I remember correctly had some kind of serious medical condition, Tom probably doesn't give a poo poo about Survivor after going out early in HvV, Chris from Vanuatu is probably not in the best shape and not well-liked as a winner by production, Earl is probably Too Old For This poo poo, Todd probably wouldn't be medically cleared, Bob is too old and production would rather memory hole Gabon entirely, Fabio is....come on, there was no way they were going to let him in an all-winners season if they could avoid it, and Cochran is a busy TV writer who kinda has too close of a personal friendship now with Probst to make it fair. and the last two seasons' winners were pretty unpopular, as far as I can tell.

weirdest exclusion, by far, is Mike Holloway from Worlds Apart.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

I have no idea how Fabio would have fared here, and I am kinda disappointed we missed that golden opportunity. imo production wants to pretend Nicaragua didn't happen. but also they wanted largely competent players and not people that bumbled their way to the end and won against assholes just by being likable. so I wasn't really surprised he wasn't cast.

I know they'll never, ever do this, but I would love to see a total shitshow season of Survivor featuring some of the floppiest, messiest, and weirdest players.
alternately, a returnee season consisting entirely of pre-merge boots. somehow trick Francesca into coming back, wahahahaha.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

the clusterfuck season we need more returnees from is Gabon. BRING BACK KENNY AND CRYSTAL.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

something people are missing when they're saying "why not simply take out Rob and Parvati" is that in a game like this, Rob and Parvati's glowing targets become resources. They're shields, especially in a bad swap situation. if any of the new school players are in trouble post-swap, they can simply point to Rob or Parvati and say "but do you really want them to make the merge???".

also, by taking out Ethan, Rob and Parvati have been isolated, almost declawed completely. one of them still might go if Sele goes to tribal before the merge, though. Jeremy and Adam would probably prefer Parvati to go, but Michele, Denise, and Ben would vote out Rob, and I think ultimately Jeremy would go with the majority and Adam is now in no position to dictate the vote, and would just be an additional number.

I kinda hope Dakal goes to tribal, though, because they've been getting too comfortable.