Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I’m gonna go with

Pony: Natalie
Poison: Sarah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I’m personally sad that Fabio didn’t come back, him derping his way into a second win would have ruled.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Adus posted:

i've kinda liked ben so far. i dunno, he looks like he's just having fun. which is a nice bit of levity with how tense everything is given the cast. and tony, of course.

He shoulda been Fabio :colbert:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

BGrifter posted:

I liked Gabon :shobon:

Sugar was endearing and fun, it had a Super Smash Bros pro, Bob was an amusing winner, and I always get a kick out of Matty smiling in that GIF. Plus it was back in the era where challenges were still cool.

I have no regrets about any of the four or five times I watched Gabon. Beats the hell out of Nicaragua or One World.

I had seen every season of survivor but my boyfriend didn’t start until Worlds Apart (which was funny because he apparently went to school with Rodney and immediately recognized him) so we went back and marathoned old seasons. I thought Gabon held up really well on a rewatch - even if the strategy was sub-par I really liked how different the scenery / challenges were and that there were a whole bunch of “villains” to root against. I forgot that Kenny tried to guilt Bob into giving up immunity at f5 a la Micronesia, it was entertaining to watch him think he was a puppet master only to get Sugar’ed out of the game.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

BGrifter posted:

It’s by far my favorite setting and the one I use to introduce new viewers to the show. It’s got a great mix of everything cool about Survivor IMO. A great setting, some fun idol hijinx, one big memorable moment, a lot of fun cast members and a super satisfying winner who played a brilliant game.

I’m also the one weirdo who really dug Fiji. People hated that season for years. Last time I remember him answering Probst still cited it as his least favorite season.

I recently rewatched Fiji and just kinda found the pre-merge game hard to watch, given the ridiculous disparity between the two tribes. The post-merge was really fun, though.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I'm all-in on wanting a Jeremy/Denise/Kim/Tony final four.

edit: with Kim/Denise f2.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I’m surprised that people think Kim winning would be a disappointing outcome. She had a really strong win against arguably the weakest cast ever, I think her pulling off a second one against all winners would be extremely entertaining.

I also like that Sophie was kind of an under-the-radar winner in her season, and in the last episode Adam seemed to literally forget about her for no reason when looking for idols. I’d be happy to see her go far as well, and think she’s set up well to do it.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

mancalamania posted:

And while we’re speculating, here’s another scenario: Tyson predicts 3-3-3 where he is one of the 3s. He knows he won’t survive the revote, so he knows his only hope is to vote for the other 3 to make it 4-3-2, so makes the guess between a Denise and Kim. But then what was the other Denise vote??

Lol at Tyson playing around a 3-3-3 vote

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I feel like Big Brother would be an easy show to just keep producing, as long as they can sell people on watching a bunch of people locked in a house for weeks being entertaining in 2020.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Hahaha I recently rewatched Kid Nation because my boyfriend didn’t believe me when I said it existed.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

SalTheBard posted:

I sort of want to watch it again. Where did you find it?

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIGq5neIYcWq8u3vNIQFA1ZUAEDuSSVkM

You’re welcome and/or I’m sorry!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

SweetJahasus posted:

In case it wasn't clear, I was more being sarcastic about those 3 being very forgettable characters and me having to sperg out to remember them.

In other news, survivor being on Netflix is great, and is giving me a reason to rewatch a couple top tier seasons while the world burns around me!

I put on the first episode of Cagayan last weekend and ended up rewatching all of it + HvV in two days as a result.

I want J'Tia on another season, please.