Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

ApplesandOranges posted:

If you want to be disappointed in anybody, it’s production for not even asking Tina, Vecepia and Todd.

If you rip Todd away from his alcoholism, he very well may die. It would be ridiculously irresponsible to cast him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Chic Trombone posted:

i did look away so i'm not even 100% sure what just happened

did they raid the other tribe for fire tokens? is that what that was??

Natalie gave Sarah the opportunity to spend a token for the chance to raid the other camp's torches in search of a steal-a-vote advantage, which she did find.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Khanstant posted:

Was Ethan even brought up? And Parv is going, she is my Pony and I must always be wrong

Yes, in one sentence from Michele as a way to defang Rob.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Yeah, I don't like this way for him to go out.

I missed it- who did he give his token to?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Good at challenges.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

This was a really good (if heartbreaking) read. Thanks for sharing. Things are uncertain and all right now but I'll probably chop in a few bucks.

And Yul said he'll match the first 50k. I knew he does well for himself but drat.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
We can rule out Wendell's, I just forget which one that was.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Then why don't we ever see them using it?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I'm just waiting for Ben to make it to finals and launch into a verbal dissertation worth about 30 IQ points more than he has.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

curiousCat posted:

Game Changers until Sandra leaves -> excellent
Game Changers after Sandra leaves -> trash

The coffee sugar thing is a classic for the ages.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
His run on Survivor AU justified the rest of the bullshit. Godspeed.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
He singlehandedly won a challenge his tribe was trying to throw. Uncle Cliffy will be missed.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I don't think it's been linked yet, but for quarantine and the postponement of seasons 41 and 42 Entertainment Weekly sent out questionnaires to a ton of former castaways and they're publishing a new one every day. They vary wildly in terms of quality but for an old school fan reading them has been fun.

Rita Verreos in particular is a proclick. :allears:

link

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
What really bums me out about Penner and his wife, beyond the obvious, is the effect Covid will have on any memorial services. If they're in California all the worse, our memorial chapels are all full of the deceased at this point, so the complications with the services and remains will just add good red tapey fun to the already-horrible gut punch.

I know that doesn't quite make the Penners special these days, but still :(

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I think the fans who matter would acknowledge that placement in a season has very little correlation to skill or aptitude. I mean, look at ****Tony****. Dominant win followed by epic early game flameout followed by dominant win.

Eat The Rich! Which seasons have you been into? We love bickering about this stuff when there aren't idiots on the tv to bicker about (sorry, thread).

:ninja: : Yeah, kind of weird to spoiler that, but we're on new kid rules.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I think the mactor thing was a bigger problem in the 1X seasons, 21, etc was more bad game design and bad casting (were Na'onka and Alicia recruited?).

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Nihonniboku posted:

I just remember casting being very problematic for a long time. Even though I love Parvati now, I remember being very upset at the rumors that she was very good friends with the casting director who encouraged her going into Heroes vs Villains to ally herself with Russell, giving her what I thought at the time was an unfair advantage. Now I know that Russell will never win Survivor no matter how many times he plays.

Oh for sure, Lynne Spillman was definitely shady that way. She was also rumored to be close to Amanda Kimmel who also played three times within 2-3 years.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Sunday from Millennials vs Gen X passed away from cancer yesterday. She was 50. :smith:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
In more Survivor news, Sierra Dawn Thomas and Joe Anglim just had a kid. From the kid's name and the article from people.com, it seems that Dawn is Sierra's last name not middle, which kind of surprised me.

I don't know about you, but it might feel weird to date/marry/ have kids with someone who openly made Mana with Wigglesworth, also from Game Changers, but what do I know!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Max posted:

Joe’s been falling down the right wing conspiracy hole for a while now and was supporting the “stop the steal” nonsense. His thing with Wigglesworth was strange but not what he should be criticized for.

I just found something incredibly offensive about it. Joe’s personal behavior is overtly odious and far worse but, like, in what world could anybody think that show was a good idea? It’s a poor judgment thing, though not at all surprising that the same person is behind both.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I cannot get over how insane/intense Australian reality competitions are. Survivor goes for 55 days with 24 contestants, as though the US version wasn’t difficult enough already. As another example, their version of Masterchef usually clocks in at 60ish episodes. Something in their water must just make them more hardcore.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Nihonniboku posted:

How do they manage that? Do they have multiple episodes between eliminations?

Indeed. It airs five days a week with a structure something like cook off-pressure test elimination-immunity cook-team challenge-elimination. This year right now they’re spending a full week of airtime allowing eliminated contestants to cook their ways back in. It’s a LOT, but I find it easier to keep up with than their Survivor just because their standard of cooking is as absurdly intense as their schedule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Or else you could mention Rick Mercer or Steve French.