Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

This channel uploads all the bonus videos and jury episodes a couple days after each episode airs if you want a more specific reference for your youtube section.

Anyway I don't know who my pony is but my poison is Ben

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

STAC Goat posted:

What's a Poison?

The opposite of a Pony. It's the person you absolutely don't want to see win.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I just read the bio post (it's very good) and am curious: why does everyone think Tony has like a negative chance to make it very far? Does everyone just hate him or something? I don't follow stuff that happens outside the game really.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I appreciate the responses thanks friends

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Khanstant posted:

I think EoE this season is fine... unless He Who Has No Name wins after a stay on juryjury island. Then it will be perfect.

Anyone watch Episode 0?

it's a general highlight episode, not focused on the players for this season, so it's pretty good since it's not forced highlights

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Invalid Validation posted:

Has the ratings been good the last couple seasons?

I guess it depends on your definition of good but it's doing ok

Here's the week before the finale from last season

I picked the week before because finales always get a boost but it was still behind Masked Singer since that was their finale too (also because it owns).

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

they have definitely done team endurance challenges in the past but gosh it's been a while since the last one because I can't actually remember when it was

I feel like one of the seasons with Brandon Hantz had one though.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Way too early prediction based entirely off gut feel: someone from the "Free Agent Alliance" (Yul, Sophie, Nick, Wendell) is going to win.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm actually a little interested in the fire tokens now. Are there only 20 (or 22 if you can use the ones on the skull) for the season or will more get added? If someone buys something with them are they gone forever or do they get put back in the game somehow like idols?

Also if I was on EoE early I feel like one token for a pizza would be really hard to pass up after a few days

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

STAC Goat posted:

The token thing is really interesting now that we know they can be passed down from the eliminated players. It means not only can a really good social player net up a stash to use on an advantage but it means if you're picking off an alliance or group of outcasts you could be superpowering the last survivor.

Of course there's also the flip side that if you're the last person with no friends you gotta give someone you don't want to a gift.

I wonder what happens if someone with multiple tokens gets voted out. If you've got 4 tokens does someone get a huge cash in or do they just get reduced to 1?

I believe there was something that said you have to gift any of your tokens so I would assume if you have more than one then they all go to someone else. I don't remember if it implies that they all have to go to the same person so maybe you could split them as well.

Also, Tyson rules

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

xbilkis posted:

The jar of peanut butter is what jumped out at me as a good value in those circumstances

it would be faster and safer for me to raise the flag if that's the way I was going

I am allergic to peanuts

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

nerox posted:

Anyone got a screengrab of the fire token menu from the camp and from EoE?

Last three on the EoE one are Bottle of Wine, Six Pack Cold Beer, and Hammock. Natalie and Tony didn't mention anything else when they were reading it off so that should be it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

They did show Nick on camera looking at the bottom of his while everyone laughed about it iirc

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Spokes posted:

I saw somebody touch on this earlier, do we know if the immunity idol has real tokens for eyes? Could you just pry ‘em off?

we don't know the answer to this

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX6O8qyZbo4

this is excellent

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I liked the dramatic music and evil eye when Rob confirmed Amber was voted out.

I really wish they had been able to talk CBS into giving them 90 minute episodes somehow

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SweetJahasus posted:

he literally changed how survivor has been played

I think a lot of people are probably forgetting that before Russell people actually waited for clues to the hidden immunity idol instead of just going out and finding it without one

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

BGrifter posted:

Russell is this guy:

this Russell was cool did he ever get another shot?

I have never understood why people liked Rupert

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SweetJahasus posted:

He did, and he was bad. He was a casualty of the infamous Matsing tribe.

oh sad

Silly Burrito posted:

Didn’t Rupert win a million as a fan favorite vote?

unfortunately yes

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Stokes posted:

He played on the season with Skupin, Lisa (Blair from Facts of Life), Jeff Kent and Penner's best performance. It is a top 5 season imo.

It says a lot about my memory that I know I watched it but can't remember any of it until I read about it

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Binary Logic posted:

"We need to get rid of Adam, he's trying to play both sides" say the people in the new school alliance secretly hoping to work with Rob and Parv. WTF.

secretly being the key word there

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ApplesandOranges posted:

Honestly, I think Adam's biggest blunder is not talking to Denise about it. We've seen Adam talk Denise out of potential mistakes. We saw him discussing with Denise about putting the target on Parvati. What we didn't see is him telling Denise that he's thinking of talking to Ethan and Rob about it, because she could have talked him down.

That might also be a signal that Adam is definitely playing a bit of a selfish game too. Denise has to recognize that at the end of the day, he could cut her.

I think that's exactly what it was. He didn't tell her specifically because he didn't want her to be in on it

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I thought the Sugar Shack was funny as hell because she found the idol/advantage (forget which) like immediately so she basically got to hang out in comfort and eat good food constantly because they kept sending her back thinking there was no way she could find it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Tyson giving his token to Nick :allears:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Fast Luck posted:

Nick did it because he knew Tyson's vote was on him and wanted insurance in case of an idol play.

Did anyone talk about this beforehand or was Nick's little schpiel when writing the vote the literal first time it was mentioned? Because I thought I had missed something when I saw it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I really hope there is an on screen moment of someone wondering if they can pry the immunity totem's eyes out to use as fire tokens

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Stokes posted:

I'm waiting for some bitter betty to get to the fire token thing and say 'no.' What are they gonna do make them leave the game? it's not like they'll be getting any votes as a goat in the final 3 anyway.

that probably voids their contract and their payout so...yes

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Stokes posted:

I mean they've already made their money and probably an appearance fee. If a contestant of this caliber is so upset about it, it would be a way to make a point.

IcePhoenix posted:

that probably voids their contract and their payout so...yes

payout would include appearance fee in case it wasn't obvious

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

nerox posted:

Did they not show Edge at all last night or was it early in the episode and I somehow missed it?

I wanted to see the Tyson comment about firewood. :(

Tyson's comment about firewood was at the end of last week's episode.

I'm ok with them not showing any edge stuff this week because of how much was going on in the actual game.

But with sports being canceled soon CBS needs to step it up and give us longer episodes

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pinterest Mom posted:

I think Denise getting Sandra out is a bit of an overplay too? I don't know that she's in a better position with zero idols minus Sandra, a relationship with Jeremy, and a target, than she would have been with one idol minus Tony and relationships with Jeremy and Sandra.

I think it was a move designed to win the game not a move designed to make it easier to get to the end.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Stokes posted:

They flipped the chronological order of the tribal councils because it was so shocking. Sandra made a pretty bad move and deserved to go, but I still really hate the fire tokens. They are becoming the stars of the show instead of the stars of the show.

they're just tools that the stars of the show are using to make themselves stand out more by how they use them imo

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ApplesandOranges posted:

I mean you can literally buy an idol with one token. Selling an expiring idol for two could, in theory get her a profit.

Oh word? Do you remember where they said that?

IcePhoenix posted:

Last three on the EoE one are Bottle of Wine, Six Pack Cold Beer, and Hammock. Natalie and Tony didn't mention anything else when they were reading it off so that should be it.

You're probably just thinking of the limited power idol Sandra bought from Natalie, which I believe is the only idol bought that way so far. Everything else has been an advantage of some sort.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Silly Burrito posted:

From https://survivor.fandom.com/wiki/Tiebreaker, so take it for what it's worth.

Clear as mud.

It's perfectly clear but it's not applicable to this question because it's for a situation where all the votes went to someone with an idol, but there are people on the tribe who did not use one and just had no votes against them (ie: what happened to Cirie). In the situation we're trying to figure out, everyone would still have immunity because it explicitly states that immunity transfers over to the next vote.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

blue squares posted:

Then they would just revote again duh

with everyone immune?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zesty posted:

It occurred to me that Survivor starts filming at the end of March and goes through until July for the two seasons each year. Looked it up and yep, Survivor production delayed until May. But they still expect to be able to film then and put out the first season as originally planned in September.

I just don't see that happening.

Wouldn't shock me if they just test everyone who's going to be going out there. Not like they have to worry much about it spreading to them from someone else at that point.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

blue squares posted:

I was just joking, like you would just revote again and again for eternity

oh ok, that went way over my head lol

maybe the contestants are finally allowed to vote out Jeff

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

There is still a season of The Amazing Race in the can, hope that gets to air at some point.

oh hell yes, give this to me

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Seems good in theory, but there's so many camera crew and production people around that it seems like it would be a pretty serious risk from exploding before the end of the season.

when I said everyone I meant literally everyone, not just the cast :v:

yes I realize this is a gross misuse of available testing kits

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

BGrifter posted:

Taste is individual, I dislike most of them. :shrug: Ben in particular is grating on my last nerve this season. What an unlikeable dipshit.

It’s possible someone could win me over eventually. Jeremy could make a few cool plays and get me on his side. But it sure feels like we watched a bunch of the most fun players disappear in three episodes.

A final eight of Nick/Michele/Sophie/Ben/Wendell/Adam/Sarah/Kim feels like a possibility and holy poo poo what a letdown given who we started the season out with. Hopefully at least some of Jeremy/Tony/Denise/Yul can hang around a while.

Yul feels like he's been floating under a lot of radars and the last episode or two have made it seem like people view Wendell as a bigger threat than him.

I agree that Tony probably won't make F8, he's so sketchy that he's gonna be a fast out because nobody feels like they can trust him.

Ben feels like a f3 goat right now unless he's against people that everyone despises.

Kim as well tbh but at least she has an idol to make a play with maybe.

And don't forget we're gonna get an EoE person in the final 8 almost assuredly.

Also I wonder if Sandra isn't just gonna peace out once we get to the point where the people on EoE are jury members.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I have no problem calling Ben a goat because while his win is legitimate he's also one of the worst winners ever :v:

I don't think anyone was calling Sophie a goat, and Denise certainly not especially after last week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Darkest timeline is still Ben sorry