Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
I will be shocked (and angry) if this game doesn't support vouchers, as I've been holding out too. To my knowledge, there hasn't been a single first-party release that wasn't supported since the vouchers came out. They're probably just waiting to drop the preorder with a Direct or press release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

ElTacoGato posted:

Really looking forward to this. Hurry up, March!

Also, despite not liking Pocket Camp, I have liked a lot of neat furniture/clothing/sets they have and I hope those make it into New Horizons in some way.
Animal Crossing is king of reused assets (and that's perfectly okay). I would be shocked if most, if not all of the stuff from PC ends up in New Horizons.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Animal Crossing for Gamecube was so low-profile, you could launch multiple sessions of it by just taking it out the disc and plopping it into another GC. It ruled. I don't think my friends and I ever came across a situation where it didn't already have everything it needed loaded into the memory, even playing for hours.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Looking back, the gamecube music still is the best.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Furiously searching "how to put yourself into a coma for approximately one month". The wait is real on this one, folks.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Electric Phantasm posted:

Also looking at some of the replies, I'm awaiting the day someone is able to confirm the froggy chair in New Horizons.
Pretty sure they showed it a while back. I remember it because you have to use actual frogs that you caught to craft it. :gonk:

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

GoodBee posted:

I thought it only had to phone home once a week on your primary console? I haven't had a problem playing any digital games without internet yet.

YMMV, but I've used my phone as a hotspot to play some pokemon online when my internet went out.

The once a week thing is only for NES/SNES because it's checking that your online subscription is active. For anything else digital, it just checks once with the server that it's past release date, unlocks it, and then you're good to go. You could never connect to the internet again and be perfectly fine.

Edit: unless you've got multiple Switches and doing primary/secondary stuff. Then I've got no clue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Beau just sent me art in the mail. It turned out to be fake. I don't know wether to hate him or love him.