Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Hell I'm excited. I've only been playing since just before Halloween, with my 5yo daughter, and she set her character birthday for Jan1, so we're going to have some fun tonight and see what happens tomorrow too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

I'm slowly plunking away at building up something, but keep getting distracted by going fishing. That was my favourite part of new leaf. Coming back from the island with 150k worth of sharks each night.
I'm really late to the party, but having fun just chilling, catching bugs, playing dressup with my daughter. Feel like I shouldn't rush through building stuff up.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

The Door Frame posted:

Almost all of my expanded storage is clothes because I buy all of the colors. It can take me several minutes to buy clothes because I go into the fitting room a dozen times in a row and it's so. slow.

Similar problems, but not being able to batch craft fish bait.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Nice moves, slick. Why are you collecting so many? Just waiting until the bug fanatic rolls through town?

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

haha, it is a funny idea. I was just curious what someone would need an entire room full of wasps for. (whispers) something no right about that house overe there.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Slugworth posted:

Oh, I'm sorry, releasing the wasps would count as redecorating, and as I'm sure you know, redecorating while you have company is quite rude.

Villager visits need to be a turn-offable option.

It creeped me out the first time some random pink rhino wandered in to my house.
Is that common in Japan? Is it acceptable to just walk into your friend's home with a knock and say hello? Do people over there not wait for the occupant to open the front door?
Such a strange thing for Nintendo to put in the game.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

I say, as I barge into my bandaged-from-head-to-toe dog neighbour's house at 1:45am and demand to know what type of fruit salad he's cooking
I see your point, but they could have animated the villagers answering the door and inviting you in, as well as a mechanic for answering your own door.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Maximum Tomfoolery posted:

The reckoning has come. Time to give these bastards the home they deserve.

LOL

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

TurnipFritter posted:

Imagine not decorating your villager yards in such a way it implies they run a small business....

The freaks who decide they're going to just waltz right through my front door while I'm busy?
They get garbage bags around their house until they decide to move out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Chewbecca posted:

I'm sad I'm going into winter soon

On my freakign jungle island :whitewater:
Tell yah what, I'll figure out how to do the whole online thingy, and you can come visit up here.
Our island is still fairly new, started years after others, and I don't play often, more with my daughter when I have her.

Made the mistake of letting her set up the first character, then my character later, so if I want to do anything substantial I need to log in to her character. I don't want to mess with her stuff, but my character can't do the main quest stuff.

What the hell am I rambling about?

Anyhow, let's go fishing some time.