Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.
Chops is fine! Not every villager has to be a cute soft uwu bean.

Of the cute soft uwu beans though, Skye is the best. :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

I’m very immature so I end up with stuff like this

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Black Robe posted:

I wish visitors could invite people from your campsite to come and camp on their island the next day, or something. I keep getting perfectly nice campers that I don't want. Claude's here today and I'm sure someone would like him.

Same, I keep getting popular villagers in my campsite like Sherb, Fauna, Molly etc. and I don’t personally want them, but I know there’s a lot of people who do :(

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

I had Anchovy in my campsite and I’m sad I have no room for him :(

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Spent about half an hour running up and down my beach, collecting clams and occasionally catching any sharks I saw, preparing to finally try and catch a Mahi Mahi. Once I had about 30 pieces of bait, I went to the pier, figuring I was probably going to be at it for a while and might have to go collect more clams.

I got a Mahi Mahi on my first bait lol

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

eternalvictory posted:

Speaking of stuff, given how many more items are in New Leaf, is it worth the play? I love the interior decorating mode in New Horizons, but lord I could do with more stuff.

The storage system in New Leaf isn’t as good as New Horizons (WAY less space and no preview image, just the inventory image), and you have to manually place everything, so it’s a little bit more tedious. But there are TONS of different furniture items to play around with, so if those factors aren’t an issue for you, def play around with it!

I tried to go back to New Leaf for a bit, but the Switch has spoiled me. The DS screen is so small! How did I even do anything!!

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Imagine the money they’d make if you could pay to have a second island on the same console

(I don’t know how feasible it would actually be and would prob require a lot of space but still, it’d beat constantly being tempted to grab a second hand Switch Lite just so I can make Bear Island)

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

I already shared this in the Discord server, but I’m still reeling

https://twitter.com/chloemewacnh/status/1405881140078997509?s=21

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

I’m just running on the assumption that the team is probably busy with Splatoon 3 and that things will pick back up a bit once that’s done. I’m honestly happy with the game as it is right now - any additional items/features are just a bonus to me :shobon:

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

I have never liked gyroids and have always viewed them as a blight upon the Animal Crossing franchise

Except for the ones that scream and fart. They’re fine

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Pianist On Strike posted:

20 minutes must be longer than I thought, it feels like I spend forever on each house since I'm actually terrible at decorating/super indecisive, but I haven't gotten a single gift yet. Might have to set a timer today, lol.

I’ve noticed when I finish decorating a house, the villager will usually have extra dialogue talking about how I spent a lot of time on it. The only one who didn’t was Caroline and that was because I changed my mind about her house location and spent very little time decorating the outside. :v:

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

LifeLynx posted:

I was making a resort home and hit the power button to put it into sleep mode. When I restarted the next day, I talked to the animal and said I was done, got back to Lottie, and she paid me. When I walked outside, there was a cut to black and a speech bubble with something like "It's a brand new day!" I was then transported to the pier, where I did a stretch and Niko commented that I didn't make it back to my home island but that's okay. I saved, but I wonder if I went home if it would cut to Isabelle doing her announcements.

It does! I had an interesting piece of dialogue when I tried to get Wilbur to take me to Harv’s island after I had the same thing happen. He said he couldn’t send flights that way because of “classified stuff”, and I wasn’t able to go to Harv’s until I’d flown back to my own island to trigger Isabelle’s announcement for that day.

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

magimix posted:

Specifically, there was a lovely thing I saw on many islands I visited, whereby each resident's house also had a yard that was decorated with items 'themed' for them.

This is my favourite thing to do on my islands :3: On my first island, the yards were quite small, so I couldn’t do as much as I wanted. I’ve rectified that now on my most recent island, and have an entire portion of the island dedicated to being like a residential area.

I’m at work rn so sadly don’t have any pictures to post, but if I remember, I definitely want to share some!

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Y'all making me want to buy a second Switch so I can have another island without losing the one I've been running since April 2020

This is what I did so I could make a new island and fill it with bears lol, grabbed a second hand Switch from eBay that was decently discounted since it didn’t have the box or dock.

I still need to finish Bear Island… I got distracted with Fartlandia 2.0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Walking into them for a few seconds like they’re blocking the path gets them to stand up! That’s when they’re on the floor though. If they’re sitting in a chair, idk