Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Birds do not want you to know any more than you already do.
To everyone trying to catch rare beetles and stags before August ends: Feng shui the gently caress put of your main room. Just put the right color of items everywhere-on the walls, laying on the floor, customize furniture, put out rugs, etc.

The more I have done this, the better my island is at giving me rare spawns.

I caught two golden stags today on my island! Now I am only missing the scarab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

effika
Jun 19, 2005

Bobulus posted:

Bah. Got all the August beetles, but could never find a vampire squid despite hours of swimming around the island.

I had vampire squids like mad, but never a scarab! Our RNG seeds must be opposites.

It was so nice to wake up and find new butterflies today! Happy to have so many new fish to catch too.

effika
Jun 19, 2005
No luck with my trees today, but I did get my first honest to goodness heavy meteor shower!

Also what can I do with all these tree branches? Other than make tons of nets and fishing rods, I guess...

effika
Jun 19, 2005

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Do villagers just randomly move out for no reason or do they basically stick around if you keep them happy? So far Olaf is the only one that split but he wasn't happy anyway.

EDIT: Also, until recently, all I knew about Animal Crossing was from Smash Bros. Where is this Mr. Resetti fellow?

It's pretty random but sometimes you get some drama: About a month ago Hippeaux had a fight with Cheri, and I had to be the go-between. Two days later he asked to move out! Things did not go well, apparently.

effika
Jun 19, 2005
I love Whisp, and I feel so bad every time I startle them :ohdear:

effika
Jun 19, 2005

Poque posted:

Been seeing a lot of villagers walk in place against walls or objects lately. Don't remember it from before, I wonder if it's a big with a new patch.

Boomer has been trying to walk off my cliffs since the patch.

effika
Jun 19, 2005
How big of an area will I need for the snow stuff?

effika
Jun 19, 2005
The balloon thing is just not producing enough diys, and I've been so incredibly frustrated with the snow boys. I don't have any holiday diy other than the first default ones and I'm kinda giving up. Halloween was my first big season/event and I thought that was how the rest would go- so disappointing to see that was apparently a one-off. If I could spend a few hours each day on this game it might be different, but I am working a ton of overtime and that's just not an option. :sigh: At least the pine trees look pretty this winter!

Sorry for the rant. Carry on!

effika
Jun 19, 2005
The Toy Day stuff was fun! But the real present I got was finally, after all these months, getting the Ironwood Dresser DIY. Still kinda peeved about all the seasonal stuff I am missing out in, but boy is it nice to be able to finally craft that set!

effika
Jun 19, 2005
If a group does the work out reaction at once it looks like you're all stumbling around drunk! We got tipsy on the beach for NYE, even if we couldn't in real life.

effika
Jun 19, 2005
My bugs and fish will need another year to be complete, but at least my sea creatures are done!

I will probably spend that year terraforming my island as I figure out the best use of warp pipes. I love these things.

effika
Jun 19, 2005
I missed Bunny Day since I didn't start until July.

If the Toy Day stuff dropped like this, I probably wouldn't have been so peeved about missing recipes. Balloons are constant enough that I finally got my golden slingshot!

Everything is just so intense that I am getting real creepy vibes off it though. Putting the Haunt reaction to good use.

effika
Jun 19, 2005

:drat:

Also :drat: but not good: zero cherry blossom recipes other than the one Isabel gave me. I have a ton of petals, though, so I guess next year I can just focus on farming balloons.

effika
Jun 19, 2005
I tried the wrapped fossil thing, and I think the trick is to only use one-piece fossils like amber, trilobite, etc and not stuff like "left T-Rex torso". Nabbed a photo quite quickly that way!

Also everyone on my island is calling me Muffin. I didn't mind so much when Aurora did it, but it's kind of creepy now.

effika
Jun 19, 2005
I wish I didn't need a full island of villagers to get camp site visitors to move in. There's just too much overlapping dialog for visitors with the same personality type.

effika
Jun 19, 2005

HopperUK posted:

Does anyone have access to bright colours of the We're Open diner sign? I only have the dark blue and red one and I want something more garish. Will swap whatever.

This is the one I have, the green version.

effika
Jun 19, 2005

HopperUK posted:

Ah brilliant - could you order me one? I will try not to forget. ADHD brain is fun on weekends. Is there anything you want in exchange?

Sure can! I'll get it ordered today. I don't really need anything, but if you have a spare Nook Miles Ticket I won't say no.

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Fireworks music is my favorite music.

effika
Jun 19, 2005

HopperUK posted:

Ah brilliant - could you order me one? I will try not to forget. ADHD brain is fun on weekends. Is there anything you want in exchange?

Email me (this username at gmail) and I'll send you a dodo code whenever.

effika
Jun 19, 2005
I need a scarab and an ant. I don't know how I've been playing for a year and never seem to get ants, even with a rotting turnip.

effika
Jun 19, 2005

Electric Phantasm posted:

They need space since they don't spawn on turnips directly, but form a short line from their ant hill to the turnip.

Oooooh. Well, time to do some trash redecorating!

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Moved my rotting turnip to the beach, did a lap looking for a scarab, and ants were present as soon as I came back. Thanks, thread!

effika
Jun 19, 2005

AAAH I love it

In other news, I completed my bug collection! And then my net immediately poofed away. I could not have planned that better if I'd tried.

Just fish left now! So much bait crafting to do...

effika
Jun 19, 2005

Black Robe posted:

I did it!

I finally caught the last two beetles I needed to finish not just the bugs but the entire museum!

Nice work!! I hope you are enjoying Blather's gratitude.

effika
Jun 19, 2005

Mister Facetious posted:

Is there a museum completion guide that can filter by month, then time?

It doesn't have art or fossils on it, but I've been using this one:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WjVJYD4kbS5LeeMlD7FhZCc-tDsJewk6yhKDCo_-eXM/edit?usp=sharing

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Found Lionel on the beach so I had to make a house for him.

so proud of that kitty litter box

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Something I wish they'd put in to Happy Home Paradise is the ability to look at all the lots for a character, maybe after you've made yours. I want to see more charming fall-themed Dierdre homes, but mostly I want to mainline trash houses for Harry and toilet shrines for Lionel.

Here's what I made for Dierdre. I know I could have put that leaf fire outside, but I liked the challenge of doing it indoors. I gave her a hood vent to remove CO and a fire extinguisher for further safety. She clapped so hard for that fire extinguisher!

effika
Jun 19, 2005

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

I think what they’re saying is about having the ability to look up other people’s design lots for a specific character as opposed to the current system where it shows you all house designs regardless of character.

Yes, that's it! Right now it's just a firehose of random.

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Be sure to ask Wilbur to dance when you are doing the Happy Home Paradise story-end party! So much fun.

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Festivale was nice in that I got to see everyone dressed up, had no stressful crafting runs (I caught feathers for fun this year), and discovering that they left the cassette player in the plaza. Pavé will stretch with you!

effika
Jun 19, 2005

Boomer captured my heart the first time he called me human. Definitely a permanent lazy for me!

effika
Jun 19, 2005
I got my first blue rose after deciding to try breeding them this January! I am quite excited

effika
Jun 19, 2005
I only was ever able to get one cherry blossom recipe last year, so they're all new to me. :gbsmith:

effika
Jun 19, 2005
The bunny day balloons are nice too. I also enjoy the rainbow egg rug and wish we had more like it.

Also I am calling this photo “The Horror of Bunny Day"

Next year I'll have to get more egg types in their native setting in the photo.

effika
Jun 19, 2005
I got my last golden tool recipe today!

Now I'm concentrating on getting a complete set of art for the museum. I figure I'll putter around and try to get my remaining pieces organically for a month or so, and then head to the discord.

My husband asked if I had "finished" Animal Crossing when I made my axe, so I definitely need to show him your post, Eiba:

Eiba posted:

I finally got the nook mile reward for seeing one hundred KK performances! I know I could have gotten it a few months ago but I missed a few back before I realized how difficult it would be to get without time traveling.

Now to 100% Animal Crossing I just need to catch 800 fish, 2100 bugs, and 800 sea creatures, craft 1500 tools, and 1600 pieces of furniture. And "help villagers" 60 more times. That ones going to be the hardest as I'm not really sure how to grind it out, and my rate seems to have gone way down since I started playing less and less.

I'm glad those achievements are so ridiculously grindy. It gives me a good excuse to break out animal crossing and just wander around my town catching bugs or whatever in the background while I listen to audiobooks or chat with friends. Feels like I'm making progress.

Though shaking trees for sticks and mashing a to craft tools/furniture is probably going to be less engaging, when I'm down to just that. Oh well.

effika
Jun 19, 2005
I'm trying to collect all the DIYs and art so I log in about 20m or so a day and do that.

Aurora is in boxes today, if anyone wants a reading-obsessed penguin. She's nice, but I have 3 normals and need to double up on my Smug and Preppy villagers for DIY chances. One of my first to settle, and first to give me a photo.

effika
Jun 19, 2005

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

I have a few spares of the 2.0 DIYs if you want em

Nah I don't mind waiting on the randomness... at least right now. Thanks, though!

effika
Jun 19, 2005
I bought 42 Nook Miles Tickets knowing I'd probably have to do a lot of searching for a Smug (A) or Peppy (A) dialogue type to not overlap with what I already have, and the RNG provided on the first island!

I feel the same way when I have to deal with Tom Nook, so he'll probably fit in OK.

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Yeah, it was disappointing they didn't knock out a few more arches. Might make some custom panels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Stay up or set the clock ahead to close to midnight. It's fun!