Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
I've only played a little bit of New Leaf but I'm considering picking this up to play with my wife. Can anyone explain to basically a newcomer how multiplayer works in this game? Presumably you can each have a house on your island, but is there going to be any way to play simultaneously on a single Switch or will we have to alternate playing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Stux posted:

did we see rosie yet. she wasnt in the released pics... wheres rosie...
She's in one of the Nintendo Directs that talked about New Horizons.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

I am super excited to play this game and I don't know why. The only AC I've ever played was New Leaf and I only played it for about a month.

I don't even really care about decorating. Mostly I'm just excited by the idea of having my wife join my village and creating a Cool Kids Club that decides which animals are too lame to stay. :v:

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

I'm gonna play Animal Crossing and my island is going to be ugly as poo poo because I don't know how to decorate

It's gonna rule

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Very important question: How long can island names be?

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

kidcoelacanth posted:

ACNH SPOILERS: you can catch fish and bugs and stuff
Big, if true.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

How do I apply a custom design to a shirt with sleeves? I tried wearing one of my designs as a top but it basically turned into a sleeveless dress.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

SpaceCadetBob posted:

How does this game work with sharing amongst the family?

Can my wife, myself, and my 3.5 year old all have personalized characters and run around an island together? Does one profile have more powers than others?
Each Switch profile can have one character, but they'll all be on the same island. The first character is the "Resident Representative" and I think has some extra powers about choosing where buildings go etc. The Representative also gets a lot more of the tutorials, while the later characters are just kind of thrown in the deep end.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Does Daisy Mae just disappear after you talk to her or something? I bought some turnips from her, then my wife logged in to buy some turnips too and she's just loving gone. Can't find her anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

I still haven't gotten Mabel to set up shop :(

Is there some kind of sign that you've spent enough when she's around? She's shown up twice for me, and my wife and I both gave her at least 5K bells each, but still no store.