Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I'm pretty stoked for this. I thought about firing up new leaf but by the time this comes out I'll be too invested in that to play NH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

enojy posted:

I'm wondering what the Animal Crossing-equivalent response will resemble if the bomb drops that half of the villagers got scrapped from the game, a la Pokémon Sword & Shield

"Aw man! :cry:"

I don't know that I would cancel my pre-order over it but I sure would be let down.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

mutata posted:

Whaddup mayors?! Finally found the thread. Who's gonna run Crapton this go around? Can't wait to play the stalk market and chase down the Japan-only items with y'alls.

This game is gonna be the only thing that gets me through an election year.

Feelin' that energy pretty hard, too. I think I need a cutesy game to escape into.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Simple question- I don't think has been asked or answered- do we know if there's gonna be a bank in this game? I want to have a laugh when I forget about the game and come back to it with a ton of accrued interest of bells.

Edit: phoneposting.

frogge fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Feb 22, 2020

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

prepuce repurposed posted:

call me a fool for loving cartridges, but I need a tangible game so I can nuzzle it and whisper to it that it's naughty

Same. As great as steam and digital copies are there's something great about having a real copy. Wish that most boxes came with maps and the like as they used to. :corsair:

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

prepuce repurposed posted:

I guess we should relish the smell of new Chinese plastic before the analog age ends altogether :

https://www.polygon.com/2020/2/19/21132128/gamestop-employees-report-extreme-pressure-desperate-bosses

That's a downer but it's not in the least bit surprising. I pre-ordered online with delivery, and I haven't been into a GameStop more than maybe a handful of times in years. I know I went in to pick up breath of the wild after I got my switch and it was one lady behind the counter and two dudes really awkwardly hanging out checking her out and then eyeing me with daggers when I was talking with her about BoTW and ... now that I think about it, this game coming out eventually. I kinda feel bad for her if the only customers in there for who knows how long were awkward nerds that were creeping on her.

To get back on track I can't decide if I want to have my house within or separate of the town I want to build. If I go for within then I don't have to run far to meet up with villagers or shops, but if I go outside of town I can be closer to trees and such.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I pre-ordered on Amazon like a month ago just fine.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I'd like to join the raccoon goons.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Can't wait. Making daily notifications that countdown until this comes out sure ain't helping either.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Nemo2342 posted:

Why would you do that to yourself?

Gotta get hyped!

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I seriously can't wait for this and Doom Eternal. Both coming out the same day.

Infinitum posted:

OK line in the sand time so I have some sanity while I do this, because I'm gonna have to get methodical up in this mother fucker so I don't miss anyone.

jackhunter64 is going to update the main list one last time for anyone above this line.

============================================================================================================

If you are below this line and :siren: HAVEN'T ALREADY REQUESTED ONE :siren: feel free to request one and I will queue you up.

Please be nice because there is likely gonna be 200 people and I gotta do all this nonsense manually.

Also would love to get the raccoon gang tag

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Eiba posted:

So the rumor is that swimming is not in the game currently, but there is a swimming animation if a player is put in the water "using debug tools".

This is from someone who claims to have a source in Nintendo, who correctly called that Mr. Resetti flies a helicopter before we had any evidence to suggest Resetti's role.

There's no special reason to trust this rumor beyond that, and it could obviously be nonsense leveraged off of a lucky guess, but if it's true it does suggest that swimming will be added in an expansion of some sort, which doesn't sound too implausible to me.

Personally, while I like the idea of swimming, I think the implementation was really annoying in New Leaf, so I'd be happy if they took their time and made it actually feel nice and fun to do.

There's a lot of opportunity for expanding this game in general. They've already established a fairly well recieved precedent with Welcome Amiibo, and holidays are confirmed to be patched in. I have no problem with this. If done well it could greatly expand the life of this game.

No swimming wouldn't be a dealbreaker but we are getting our own islands with rivers and lakes so I would hope they're more than just decor.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I think I'm going to use the "people music" from that one episode of rick and morty for my town theme until I can think of a better song.

Aw yeah. Just noticed the gang tag. Thanks!

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

http://tunes.nooknet.net/?melody=g-z-a-z-g-z-z-z-g-z-a-z-g-z-z-z&title=New%20Melody Human Music from that one Rick and Morty episode.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Qubee posted:

If I preordered this on Amazon, does it get delivered on the 20th or does it come the day after? I also realise it's a Friday so I get to spend all of Fri / Sat / Sun making my little island awesome.

I believe it arrives on the 20th. I pre-ordered mine there as well.

My hope is the corona doesn't mess with shipping dates but I also would totally understand if they closed down their warehouses and supply chains to keep workers and drivers safe, or (looking more likely), a statewide ban on non-emergency travel gums up the works. I'd probably just request a refund then get digital through the Nintendo store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Thank God the egg menace is over after today.