Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Hi thread. Alright so, I need guidance. I'm sort of thinking about getting the Happy Home Paradise DLC.

The thing is I'm kind of indifferent on designing? I like doing tasks, and sometimes whims will give me a brief creative spark. I'm sorta lazy with regards to designing my house and my town (despite the 5-stars). However, I'm trying to stay on this game daily/regularly a few times a week and it's tough, especially with the frustration of having that one villager refuse to give me her photo (FRANCINE! :argh:).

I feel like having tasks to to daily, and from what I hear, have more items and functions to make designing easier as well as other things to take to my base island/game, I'm pretty close to throwing down. :ohdear:

What do you say, thread. Do I need to be inspired and motivated to make amazing displays? I'll still put some effort in, I think, but I'm not very design/aesthetic minded. So I'm conflicted about getting it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

ChickenDoodle posted:

EXCUSE ME WHAT

omg I had no idea

Hah, didn't imagine me asking would help someone else out. Nice

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Hello! Sharkfarts is open for the first time in a while. I have like 10 million DIYs and recipes to give away. I also have random items up for grabs such as Celeste's poster and stuff from the sloppy set. Daisy Mae is here and selling turnips for 99 bells each. Nothing special in the stores, but it sure is nice and flowery!

Please come take all the stuff you can so I can remodel the island! Buy anything you want, take crops and flowers, and please be chill. I would love messages on my message board!

I'll be AFK, but we'll be open for a while.

Dodo: in PGS thread

Just today I made this dumb meme (due to MONTHS of work not paying off) and you have Francine's photo. I love you so much :cry:

Morter fucked around with this message at 19:51 on May 1, 2022

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Grats! Let me play my favorite victory jingle from the AC series

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

LonelyMudkip posted:

Dodo Code: D0X3B

Heya, I've got a bunch of extra stuff cause I am a hoarder and can never sell anything that might be of use to someone else. So I'm gonna open up for a bit. I've got 4 legit pieces of art, a few songs and an assload of recipes
Southern Hemisphere, cherries native, evening. Help yourself to fruit and veg, I've got a tonne of pumpkins. Also, if anyone has a blue rose they could spare it would be very appreciated. I've got one already, just need another to breed it with.

Art: Moving, Serene and Famous paintings and an Ancient Statue
Music: KK Soul, Stroll, Folk, Oasis, Ballad and Blues, Forest Life, My Place and DJ KK
Food Recipes: Seafood Ajillo x2, Carrot-tops Curry x2, Pretzels, Frosted Pretzels, Mixed Fruits Tart, Pear Jam
Crafting Recipes: just typed it out and it was an awful wall of text so I'll just give highlights. Some Bamboo, Shell and Glowing Moss stuff, Starry-sands flooring, Water flooring, Woodland wall, Western-style stone and a bunch of other junk

Edit: I also picked up the Sanrio amiibo cards recently so if anyone's interested in furniture from them post in the thread and I'll order em for next time I open up

Sorry I wasn't awake for it but if you still need it, I can give you a blue rose

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Oh, same dodo code? Okay i'll try now

Edit: I'm in! Blue rose south of the playground, just above your yellow/white roses.

Morter fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Jun 3, 2022

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Edit: Disregard, please have my sassy outfit

Morter fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jun 10, 2022

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Lmao that's hilarious.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Brewster wishing me a Happy New Year is very sweet. :shobon:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

I love seeing players coming back to the game after a long absence. I on the other hand never left and have accrued an amount of Bells that is far too much for one player to spend if you'd like some free money

I'll take a cool mill because I keep trying to keep myself at 15m and i keep hovering at 14.8k because something cool and 6 figures shows up.

Like yeah, I could just sell a lot of produce/food but...it takes time I don't have. :negative:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Wintertime Fishing Tourney today

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Occasionally I hop in a couple times a month to check out the Able Sisters and fish. Fishing is relaxing and nice, compared to most other games (Stardew Valley's energy bar and time limits :argh: ). I don't do much else. I have everyone's photo and I'm swimming in bells. It's truly the resort/relaxation it marketed itself to be (in universe).

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

hambeet posted:

i haven't tried the happy home dlc or whatever, but my daughter bought it. is it worth it ?

i have fun just amassing wealth and slowly cultivating the island. haven't even hit 5 stars yet, that's my very slow, current goal

I'm not at all a home designer and i liked it a lot. You can do just about anything you want, and get plenty of fun goodies for it.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Rahonavis posted:

I thought I might open up my Island to visitors sometime over this weekend to help the folks who are just starting out. I can share fruits and veggies and a few other items; I just need to know what time would be best for the most people?

Any chance you (or anyone, actually) has a spare "Pile of Cash" DIY? Asking for a friend--literally. I have it myself but my friend does not, and they missed out on a Hot Item free-cash day.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Rahonavis posted:

My Island’s open for an hour or so. Dodo Code 211MG. I’m going to be running around shooting balloons to collect the few Bunny Day recipes I don’t have yet. There’s extra recipes on the little patio by the Brachiosaurus. Pick all the fruit and vegetables you want. In exchange, I’ll always accept seasonal recipes, crafting supplies, and fish bait.

Turnips are 92 bells
Hot items are the Glowing Moss Jar and Gear Apparatus
Kicks is here!

Hopped in, learned a couple DIY, and got a new outfit piece (parka and shirt dress)! Thanks for hosting

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Rahonavis posted:

The fishing tourney is going on as well.

What's nice about this is that in multiplayer, there's no fee, and if people participate, everyone gets a nice bonus.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

I am non-hurriedly working to get Redd's artwork and I hate that last time he visited, 3 artworks that I didn't have on display were all fake, and this week, both works are fake. Ugh.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Black Robe posted:

Have you unlocked the shopping plaza on Harv's island and bought Redd's plot? He restocks every Monday, but if you buy something he'll replace it the next day so you can generate one new item every day if you don't mind buying fakes sometimes.

Oh crap, i didn't know he restocked. I'll have to check daily then...

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Nessa posted:

I am one item away from completing my museum. All I need is a fly. In over 3 years of playing I have never seen one, despite having a trash pile around for forever. I now have 3 different trash piles around town and have spent the past few days running around and entering buildings to reset spawns. Still not a single fly.

Anyone have any tips to catch this elusive beast?

I put out trash and it took me like 3 days. Patience, i guess? Good luck!! You'll get it

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Nessa posted:

I have had a rotten turnip outside my house for at least 6 months and no flies. Guess I'll just keep trying!

I did finally get a scorpion the other day. I've run into them often enough, but they always get me or decide to despawn before I can sneak up close enough.

I only learned very recently that if you stay still while they shake/threaten you, they WON'T attack. They only attack if you move while they're shaking

Edit: Also regarding the flies, i can confirm that mine was on a tire that was on a path i normally patrol. Again, it took days, but it did eventually show up. I just stopped trying to get IT in particular and would just walk past there on my dailies

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Nessa posted:

Now the museum is complete!

Hey good job!

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Biggest island perk of HHP was making my golden toilet sparkle :homebrew:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

wrong thread oops

Morter fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Nov 20, 2023

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Blaziken386 posted:

weird request: does anyone have any spare yellow/white pumpkins

im doing the turkey day event right now on a new island and i forgot to plant pumpkins. they're the last secret ingredients i need and the villagers are NOT loving giving them to me, and my other switch is dead

fixed

I do, if you still need them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

I've found that aiming a camera at peeps tends to get them standing.