Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
I hope international mcdonalds guy makes a thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

How did you even find this??? Working on the stylesheet

lmao

Inverse
Jun 30, 2010

McDonald’s breakfast is the most depressing food I ever ate, it was old and crusty and I could feel the rejection of life poured into it, never order a Mc muffin at 3 am.

(Big Macs own)

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

Inverse posted:

McDonald’s breakfast is the most depressing food I ever ate, it was old and crusty and I could feel the rejection of life poured into it, never order a Mc muffin at 3 am.

The struggle is meal.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
nuggets and hash browns and that’s it

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
If you order anything at McD at a weird time you're apt to get something that's old and stale and gross.

In general though McDonald's breakfast items are the closest things to real food that they sell. I'd take an egg mcmuffin and hash browns over their burgers 9/10 times.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I don't go to McDonald's often but I love me a big mac. Sometimes I want to try whatever new thing they have going on but I just cave in and get another big mac.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

McDonald's burgers are really bland.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adNT898haKU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Sid Vicious posted:

It's beautiful I love it eat at mcdonaldd

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

sean10mm posted:

If you order anything at McD at a weird time you're apt to get something that's old and stale and gross.

In general though McDonald's breakfast items are the closest things to real food that they sell. I'd take an egg mcmuffin and hash browns over their burgers 9/10 times.

The egg in egg mcmuffins are actually fresh cracked eggs up in the great white north, you can tell because sometimes you get a little bit of eggshell in your mcmuffin and it's like "oh ew gross what the gently caress is that an eggshell" followed by "huh I guess this actually is real food"

Also just in general my experience with macdo's is that it's much more edible and representative of actual food up here compared to in its mother country. The angus burgers became a standard menu item up here and they seriously taste like a real solid freshly made burg.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Kazinsal posted:

The egg in egg mcmuffins are actually fresh cracked eggs up in the great white north

It is here in :911: too, and they changed to real butter instead of margarine at some point.... but their other breakfast sandwiches get the pre-scrambled egg goo thing by default.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Sausage McMuffin with Egg please.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Here is my McTrick.

I have the McDonald’s app on my phone. Whenever the trailblazers score 100 points in a game the app gives you a coupon for 6 free McNuggets. I always get them with 100% pure honey as the dip , and then add on a tub of syrup(also free). When I get home I dump the nuggets in a bag in my freezer (I chop them up to go on salads or when I make General Tso's chicken or just eat them)

Since the blazers almost always score 100 points and the play a few times a week, I’ve ended up with hundreds of free nuggets and gallons of syrup and honey. I use the honey to make baklava.

I have 3 phones (2 are just my old phones that don’t have service but McDonalds has free wifi) so that makes 18 nuggets 3 times a week on my way home from work. I don’t even go in, there are spots you just park in and check in with the app and they bring it out to you, no lines.

I do it because I’m cheap and I’m still mad about the Monopoly fraud.

City of Glompton
Apr 21, 2014

i admire your thrift but idk, it seems like a lot of work

ihaven't been to mcds in awhile, they still have spicy chicken sandwich?

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Didn't eat much there as a kid but still considered it quite a treat because [being a dumb kid].
Avoided it like that plague in my twenties and for some reason tried it again in my early thirties.

Every single time I've tried it they would gently caress up my extremely simple orders of "2 cheeseburgers, only ketchup and mayo" (and cheese, obviously).
Every.
Single.
Time.

Worst occasion was, getting used to their incompetence, I'd open it up before leaving with it, check inside and of course there's loving pickles, onions and mustard or whatever the idiots put in there.
Politely ask to please replace it with what I ordered... 2 cheeseburgers with only ketchup and mayo.
They replace it with something equally messed up.
Politely reiterate my very simple request for [none of that poo poo].
Get yet another messed up batch. gently caress it, give me back my money I'm going somewhere else.

Every. Single. Time.
In every McDo I tried.

So I went back to [never eating at McDo].

To be fair, I've worked for so long in restaurant kitchens, I can only sympathize with how lovely their job is so it's hard to be mad at them. But loving hell, you only need to add ketchup and mayo, I'm not asking for a quantum physics lecture.
Anyway if I'm gonna eat really unhealthy, awful food, I prefer making it myself. So gently caress you McDonald's, never again.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
no thx

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I had a 1/4lber (that's how us real fans write it) last night, but I subbed out the regular onions and lettuce for the diced onions and shredded lettuce because I like my condiments finely chopped and it was pretty good. The meat wasnt dry without being sloppy greasy and they didn't put too much ketchup and mustard on. All in all a pretty good burger.

Fries weren't fresh and crispy but weren't super old. Also had a four piece nug that was fresh so that was a silver lining to the sides.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Doctor Butts posted:

McDonald's burgers are really bland.

Have you ever even had the 100% fresh, never frozen 1/4lber?

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
I keep some paprika, red cayenne and black pepper at my desk for all fast food burgs tbh. They all need gussying up after purchase.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Mickey Deez nuts!

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I have literally ordered a cheese burger and gotten one with no meat. Seriously.

That being said, the "McGriddles" are pancakes, right?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

UltraRed posted:

I have literally ordered a cheese burger and gotten one with no meat. Seriously.

That being said, the "McGriddles" are pancakes, right?

Lol I've had that a few times too. Yeah the McGriddles are pancakes with syrup infused in them around delicious sausage and egg

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Big Macs are the worst "main" sandwich in all of fast food. Too much bread to beef and Thousand Island doesn't belong on a burger.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

UltraRed posted:

my brother used to not like condiments on his, so sometimes when i would ask for a "meat and cheese only" burger, the drive through attendant would ask "so... no bread?" like that's a real thing :confused:

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":
rock and roll McDonald's

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

kloa posted:

my brother used to not like condiments on his, so sometimes when i would ask for a "meat and cheese only" burger, the drive through attendant would ask "so... no bread?" like that's a real thing :confused:

It is, I used to work at a McDonald’s and we’d get that ordered. You can just ask for it plain if you only want cheese on it.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

rear end cobra posted:

I hope international mcdonalds guy makes a thread

Thank you. This is that thread.

Lets hop the Mediterranean to McDonalds Morocco! Its wild!

Meet the Big Buffalo:

The Big Buffalo is a 100% pure ground beef steak, three slices of Cheddar, fresh onions, two slices of tomatoes, fresh salad all accompanied by an authentic Buffalo sauce. " This sounds american as hell and it will never make it over. Shame.

How about the Chicken Mythic:

"it is a sesame seed bread, a crispy chicken fillet between two slices of melted emmental cheese, two slices of tomatoes, salad all seasoned with a mythic sauce with a smoky taste!" Mythic sauce?

Grand McWrap™ Sauce Algérienne

"The Grand McWrap® Algerian Sauce is a large tortilla with 2 crispy breaded chicken fillets, emmental cheese, a slice of fresh tomato, crunchy salad, fried onions, 2 steak house fries all seasoned with Algerian sauce." Wait, just two fries? Seriously? Ok. But what a positive for Moroccan-Algerian relations that they fully credit them with the flavors. Unless thats a huge insult over there. Being identified just as a sauce.

Love the name of this one.

"A Ciabatta bun, a 100% pure ground beef steak, a melted Emmental slice, a Cheddar slice, tomato, fresh onions, all served with a mayo sauce and ketchup sauce." Return? Why did did they ever take away a fully mixed-cheese sammitch? But I'm glad its back.

If you don't like Algerian sauce, be sure to try

Plus two things I would really love to have added to my local McDonalds

Do we have any Moroccan FFF buddies? I can paypal you postage for moroccan fry sauce.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

You are not at all prepared for McDonalds Belgium. The burgers are given human names and Tinder profiles, the carrots are described as "cracky" and who knows what shelf-stable Andalusian sauce should truly taste like? Not me.

First up is Maestro Lovely Louise.

Louise is described as: "With its crispy chicken, its bacon, its crisp apple slice and its melting camembert, the surprising Lovely Louise will make you fall in love." So many happy meals out there with gormless apple slices rotting away at the bottom and nobody is giving those kids a little hunk of camembert to make it worth putting up on their plain hamburger. Pity.

Not your taste? Try the more milfy Generous Jacqueline:

"Generous Jacqueline owes its name to its generous character : 2 crispy chicken fillets, long crispy slices of bacon, the traditionally matured Maredsous Character cheese, fresh salad and a double portion of lemon-mayonnaise sauce. All this in a soft, golden brioche bun with poppy seeds and sesame seeds." Raawrrr. Oh behave.

Belgiums cold beverage game is exceptional for an unremarkable nation. When I go to Belgium im getting a Banana shake, an Ice Squeeze and a Juplier

FYI an Ice Squeeze is: "A Tasty and easy-to-take ice cream. Ideal in spring!" So it could be anything, but its certainly not a Summer item. This directive is noted, Belgian McDonalds.

The only real stumbling block is the McFish which comes excursively with ketchup which seems very wrong having been raised on decades of rigid Fish + White Sauce iconography.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Want to go to Moroccan mcdonalds

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

shadow puppet of a posted:

Thank you. This is that thread.

Love these posts

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

You thought Belgium had the sexiest burger names? Oh no they don't. Welcome to Mcdonald's Slovenia.

Don Juan burger.

"An extremely seductive burger. Beef steak, delicious pepper sauce, cedar, salad and fried crispy onions are unique. But it is special because of the free-range baked egg, which gives it an unmistakable taste and unforgettable character. Don Juan, an egg burger." Gonna slip don Generous Jacqueline's number on a fry-oil stained napkin.

Not only do they get sexy names, but they sound loving incredible.

"Juicy Jane is a Master Burger for poultry lovers. With a combination of ingredients of high quality and freshness, it offers a first-class experience. In the middle are chicken fillets from Perutnina Ptuj. They are wrapped in special loaf, reminiscent of freshly baked bun, and the taste is enhanced by traditionally ripened white cedar cheese and a delicious spicy tarragon sauce. Coupled with toasted bacon and fresh ingredients, they make for a unique chicken burger experience.""

Wait, masterburger? Still, I want special loaf, cedar cheese & tarrgon on my everything from now on.

But not on my...
Party Bucket

Just a lot of chicken and two small fries. Perfect, honestly, for your paring of a Don Juan with a Juicy Jane.

A lot of global mcdonalds do a flapjack-with-cheese variation, but this one looks the classiest.
Toast Tomato & Feta

Not recommended: Lady Koko a repressed, boring burger for librarians.

Not even if slathered in

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Cedar?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

It could just be cheddar and a translate.google fuckup, but I want to believe ok?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Want to go to Moroccan mcdonalds

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

shadow puppet of a posted:

Not even if slathered in

Devil Sauce.

Tabasco.

That's basically the absolutely tamest hot sauce you can get.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

I want those wings in the Party Bucket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

McDonalds of Singapore is very very boring until you hit the Prosperity menu. Which makes up for everything and then some.

Lets stare with the highlights of their rote offerings.

Buttermilk Crispy Chicken, which is as adventurous as they get out side of the PROSPERITY MENU. Cabbage, colby... uh... some hot pineapple. This is a great looking yet seemingly randomized burger.

"Crispy whole-muscle chicken thigh flavoured with buttermilk packed in a glazed burger bun. Served with creamy Colby cheese, romaine lettuce, black pepper mayo; and topped with grilled pineapple rings and crisp purple cabbage. In short, perfection in every bite!"

You can also have a double fish if you want. They wont argue. Its on the menu.

And they can dip a cone, which I swear was something McDonalds did back in the 80's. Or was that only Dairy queen? Either way, there is no way this is coming to America as its presumably two separate machines that will break on the regular.

Oh, so now its seriously time to brace yourself for the PROSPERITY MENU.

Black pepper sauce slathered double stack of chicken and beef. A peach fizz, mango and passion fruit in the pie, and if thats not all enough the fries come with a forward-looking financial forecast. I would fee so rich after eating that veritable feast.

In short, the PROSPERITY MENU is a limited time only deal, do not bother with McDonalds Singapore at all if they are not serving it.

(There is also a PROSPERITY breakfast but it sucks.)