Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

I got a cone dipped from McDonald's about 5 years ago, pretty sure they still do it in the states.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
My local Mcds dips.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

The Kins posted:

If they don't bring the spicy nuggets back soon I'm going to start openly weeping blood in the middle of the street.
my prayers have been answered, which probably means i should have prayed for world peace instead

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Enjoy, friend!

Shats Basoon
Jun 13, 2013

first time caller long time listener. I'm Big fan of the 20 piece chicken nuggies but a mcdonald's I frequent semi-regularly has ceased carrying the buffalo sauce. Thoughts?

I'll hand up and listen on the air.

THanks

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Am I the only one who dips those in honey?

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

WEH posted:

no

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

WEH posted:

I found out about this just a couple months ago when multiple co-workers asked for honey with their nuggets. I'm too afraid to try it, it feels like a step too far.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

I don’t even think you can do just honey in Poland, but there’s honey-mustard.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

TheAardvark posted:

I found out about this just a couple months ago when multiple co-workers asked for honey with their nuggets. I'm too afraid to try it, it feels like a step too far.

drat thank god ive never run into any other people that do lmao. assuming you’ve got honey already just get your regular sauces and try it at home. worst case one bad bite

Shats Basoon
Jun 13, 2013

WEH posted:

like actual honey? Or the honey mustard?

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Normal honey

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

my boyfriend used to put honey on his mcnugs, it's definitely A Thing but I have no idea why or where it came from

Shats Basoon
Jun 13, 2013

Well I am intrigued. Will deff try it next time I have nuggies

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

chicken and waffles is maple syrup on fried chicken, so honey isn't so far fetched

sports
Sep 1, 2012
Most chicken places that serve biscuits have little packs of honey. Only makes sense to put the honey on the chicken.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

McDonalds Denmark tones down the Scandinavian weirdness and mostly delivers the stock McD experience, with a very small number of unique menu items. Fortunately, their special stuff looks better than average. Shame about the lack of pear shakes through. Really.

Local showcase fancy burger is in the form of the Homestyle Pickled Red Onion

"with a juicy steak, 2 slices of crispy fried bacon, batavia salad, mayo, pickled red onion, melted cheese with cheddar and lots of cajun sauce all in a delicious brioche bowl. Bon appetite! Available in selected restaurants." I would need a lot more cajun sauce than what I'm seeing on its profile pic.

A very solid looking valuemenu/"coinmenu" option is the Double Super Cheese 'n' Bacon

'With 2 steaks of 100% beef, 2 slices of melted cheese with emmentals, pickles, onions, ketchup, mustard, our new Coinoffer is good because it has everything important - namely bacon.' Which probably clocks in at $8 USD but still, c'mon.

If you are looking for a temping nibble the Chili Cheese Tops are up for it.

"Now you can get 7 pcs. Chili Cheese Tops. They are quite as you know them filled with melted cheese with chili pieces. The perfect accessory for your menu or if you're just a little hungry." Unbelievable these are also sold in a three pack. Three of these things would amount to a fried mass the size of a thumb. Probably for like $6 USD as well.

Looking for a gooey dribble outside instead of inside, then they have a bernaise fry sauce.

Ideal for slathering and dunking your pepper strips into.

(potato strips are available across Europe, i've had them, they're alright)

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

McDonalds South Africa is like that old Mitch Hedburg joke about non-participating franchisees. 'We've got spaghetti! and blankets" Left to their own devices they've created a full oddball parallel menu to Real Mcdonalds. Highlights include:

Boerie Double

"Get the South African vibes going, with two boerewors-flavoured patties, smothered in ketchup, mustard and grilled onions." Boerewors is of course, the local corriander-spiced sausage. Probably among the beloved national dishes. Why you'd smother that in ketchup, I do not know.

But its early in the day so perhaps better to start with the SA Breakfast

Where the amount of ketchup to add to your boerie patty is left up to you, presuming they give you any. So is what to do with the loose grilled onions. Its all in your hands. I guess you assemble it into a burger thing using fries as anchoring caissons into the egg to give you a few cm of clearance for all that ketchup you will drown your boerie in? Maybe? Hopefully not, but the again if you dont at some point you are eating plain warm bun, top and bottom, by its lonesome.

Getting back towards something almost recognizable as McDonalds we have the Panini Mozzarella

"Freshly made sandwich on a Panini bread, filled with smoky chicken roll, fresh tomato and mozzarella, toasted to perfection." The SA Mcdonalds website comes across as a little defensive when goes into super detail on the product pages regarding things like how many times per hour the crew sanitizes their hands and the color coding of their gloves and how often those gloves are discarded. They also break down the origin and preparation of each chicken product they serve, EXCEPT FOR "smoky chicken roll" they wont even field a single loving question about that thing.

This one just seems off to me. Is this done anywhere else? Eggs on chicken? Chicken McMuffin With Egg:

"Crispy chicken served on a breakfast favourite - a hot toasted english muffin a farm fresh egg, a slice of cheese and creamy mayonnaise." Nobody seems to be at the helm to tell SAMAC not to break certain taboos.

Taboos like McDonalds does not want to be in the taco game. So instead they cunningly named it, Chicken Foldover Spicy

You still cant shake the lingering bits of coriander on your palate, can you? Only one thing for it. Cuts through flavor like a hot knife. The carbonated syrup equivalent of smelling salts: McFizz Green Apple.

Thank you for visiting South African McDonalds here in Bizarro world

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Honey on fried chicken is good. If you can find some Mike’s Hot Honey even better.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
I DONT THINK I WILL BE VISITING SOUTH AFRICAN MCDONALDS

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
Honey on a mcnugget is the best. When I worked there as a teenager I would occasionally squirt them with the big Mac sauce gun as well.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

My best friend has to have honey with her Mcnuggies

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

McDonalds of Georgia offers a stock standard menu except for one incredibly perplexing item offered as part of the happy meal experience.

I present; Cake With Strawberries.

Kids birthdays are a terribly big deal at McDonalds Georgia, the birthday party rules and regulations take up the entire front page of their website. I think the puzzled face of Cake with Strawberries is part of the ceremony, consumed somewhere between the "sports and intellectual games" segments of the rigid 1 hour 45 minute festivity.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

shadow puppet of a posted:

McDonalds of Georgia offers a stock standard menu except for one incredibly perplexing item offered as part of the happy meal experience.

I present; Cake With Strawberries.

Kids birthdays are a terribly big deal at McDonalds Georgia, the birthday party rules and regulations take up the entire front page of their website. I think the puzzled face of Cake with Strawberries is part of the ceremony, consumed somewhere between the "sports and intellectual games" segments of the rigid 1 hour 45 minute festivity.

Georgia the country or Georgia the airport?

Uncle Lloyd
Sep 2, 2019
The steak McMuffin is god-tier. I’m eating one right now. Best fast food breakfast item available and it’s not even close.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Wow that reminded me that I had a birthday party at a McDonald's in the 80s. That used to be a completely normal thing.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Wow that reminded me that I had a birthday party at a McDonald's in the 80s. That used to be a completely normal thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdvO0tmNjGo

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
This guy scared me as a kid.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

hosed up nighttime mcdonalds moon guy oh gently caress

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

We had a "Sold Gold" McDonald's I loved going to as a kid (and apparently it lasted until 2011!?). it was classic music themed and there was a creepy animatronic moon man playing the piano. here's a video of the restaurant https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBXYGBh6_9w

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

His tv commercial scared the ever living gently caress out of me.

And for some reason I had this jacket when I was kid:

sports
Sep 1, 2012
Mac headmoon rules

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
That jacket fuckin owns.

What's everyone's thoughts on the new 'always fresh' Quarter Pounder? I think they're decent but the last couple I had were a bit on the salty side.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I don't get the quarter pounder very often so I'm not sure. I had one a few months ago I think and it just tasted normal to me. Too much ketchup as always.

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

only good thing from mcd’s is the hot n spicy mcchicken sandwich, and 20 piece mcnugget orders ... everything else is garbage

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

I’d go to bat for the sausage McMuffin but eh. You can just make one at home

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
My only contribution is thst in Taiwan they vacuum seal the drinks so you can carry them upside down in a sack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

I want the loving stroopwafel McFlurry back