Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
A few years ago there was a thread here about confusing nugget pricing in different places. Right now a 20 piece is $6. A 10 piece is $6.99. A 10 piece medium combo is $12.99. A 20 piece with medium fries and a large drinks ala carte is $8.40.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Rick posted:

A few years ago there was a thread here about confusing nugget pricing in different places. Right now a 20 piece is $6. A 10 piece is $6.99. A 10 piece medium combo is $12.99. A 20 piece with medium fries and a large drinks ala carte is $8.40.

Goes to show pricing is only loosely based on supply or food costs or employee wages or anything real, it's actually just "whatever the hell we think we can get people to pay". Not like this is news, but some people still believe the excuses.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

wcdonald sauce hits good at first but gets too sweet by the end

Nikumatic posted:

i like the anime sauce

Why is it called "WcDonalds" sauce? Is the W for weaboo or something?

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Twenty Four posted:

A lot of anime show characters eating at a fast food location with a golden W so they don't have to pay for the trademark

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Twenty Four posted:

WcDonald's is a stand-in brand used in a lot of Anime and Manga. McD's is embracing it to show how hip and with it they are. *insert Hello fellow kids meme*

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Ah, did not know, I guess that makes sense, thanks!

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/26/business/krispy-kreme-mcdonalds/index.html

McDonalds is going to sell Krispy Kreme donuts. I'm curious.

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

can I get a QPC with donuts for buns

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

They've been doing it here for over a year. In my experience they're much fresher than what you typically get (Krispy Kreme-wise) at a grocery store.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

mlnhd posted:

can I get a QPC with donuts for buns

thats will be a 5 dollar surcharge

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
They'll put it in the menu and promote it, but when you order it they'll just give you a qpc and two donuts and expect you to throw out the buns

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

but then some of the ketchup and mustard will stick to the old bun :negative:

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Baron von Eevl posted:

They'll put it in the menu and promote it, but when you order it they'll just give you a qpc and two donuts and expect you to throw out the buns

I still can't believe they had the loving nerve to do this with that "Secret Menu" bullshit.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

It's garbage trash for idiots, but in certain situations mcdonalds breakfast really hits

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

The Steak Egg and cheese McMuffin is a standout. Do not attempt the Steak McGriddle, somehow the combination of the weird little processed "steak" and whatever noxious chemicals they use to emulate syrup produce this incredibly off-putting aftertaste.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
The steak is revolting. Sausage for life.

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

ADIDAS (all day i dream about sausage)

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
biscuit loaded with butter is all i neeeeed

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

tried that mccrispy thing, it seemed okay but was very burned and a dark brown color

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
holy poo poo the steak bagel is ACTUALLY BACK here imma eat so much terrible breakfast steak

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

n8r posted:

The steak is revolting. Sausage for life.

I can't even eat their garbage sausage, literally makes me gag.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
That was a penis.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous cumhead!

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Don't be ridiculous, I'd never gag on a penis.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

lol

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

McDonalds Canada's remix menu includes a chickencheese (burger)

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The cajun McCrispy is just the normal McCrispy with a different sauce and McDonalds' not so great bacon. I think the sauce is pretty good though. Would order again.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Nikumatic posted:

holy poo poo the steak bagel is ACTUALLY BACK here imma eat so much terrible breakfast steak

the prophecy was foretold; my partner wanted the steak bagel yesterday so i tried the steak English muffin and used a deal to get a free chicken mcgriddle but instead they also gave me steak and egg on the mcgriddle. and then my partner wanted another steak bagel today so i tried the steak on the biscuit.

verdict: English muffin is the best way to have the steak and egg, but they did not toast the muffin like they do on the sausage and I think if you get/request the toasted muffin it is an a+ breakfast. the biscuit is also buttery and delicious with the grilled onions. as said above, steak on McGriddle is just weird; I didn’t hate it but it didn’t elevate the sweet and savory elements like you want it to. you can never really go wrong with the classic bagel but the density of the bagel always makes the sandwich elements squish out weirdly.

anyway i have now eaten so much terrible breakfast steak.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.
Isn't it like some weird rolled up meat sheet or something? I swear I've seen it start to unravel or come undone or whatever before.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Tried the cajun bacon mccrispy deluxe and it was way better than I expected. Sucks that it's not part of the mccrispy deals in the app, all of them except that one are included.

oh well, id still order it again if i wanted chicken something that wasnt nuggets

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

AvesPKS posted:

Isn't it like some weird rolled up meat sheet or something? I swear I've seen it start to unravel or come undone or whatever before.

you never made a steak-umms philly? it's a rite of passage

----------------

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

I downloaded the McD app for the first time and previously never kept track of how much ala carte menu prices were because I eat McD very infrequently. Anyway, I was playing with the McD app and a Big Mac and large fry is $10.54 and a Big Mac meal with large fry is $10.19? How the gently caress long has this been a thing?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

abjure the false clown

----------------

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

CmdrRiker posted:

I downloaded the McD app for the first time and previously never kept track of how much ala carte menu prices were because I eat McD very infrequently. Anyway, I was playing with the McD app and a Big Mac and large fry is $10.54 and a Big Mac meal with large fry is $10.19? How the gently caress long has this been a thing?

Like 2 years at least it's nuts.

The only thing I get there is 2 chickens for 3 bucks or 2 double cheese for 3.50.

I don't buy their fries or drinks anymore.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

franchises can be wacky. fired up the app to see if i could spot anything weird at my closest location. QPWC is 3.99, DQPWC is 6.99 lol

an extra patty is $1.50

----------------

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
McD's app pricing is done by putting on a blindfold and throwing darts. It's not uncommon to see a 40 piece nugz be more expensive than a 40 piece with two large fries. Sometimes adding a piece of cheese to something costs .40, sometimes it costs over a dollar. For a company that I'm sure his ran head to toe by analysts designed to wring every penny out of a consumer, poo poo makes no sense on the regular.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

C. Everett Koop posted:

For a company that I'm sure his ran head to toe by analysts designed to wring every penny out of a consumer, poo poo makes no sense on the regular.

yeah this is a solvable problem but lol small business tyrants

----------------

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

i say swears online posted:

franchises can be wacky. fired up the app to see if i could spot anything weird at my closest location. QPWC is 3.99, DQPWC is 6.99 lol

an extra patty is $1.50

Good point. I have two locations nearly the same distance away in different directions and for McD A) buying ala carte Big Mac and large fry is $0.35 more than the meal and McD B) ala carte is actually $1.21 cheaper. I didn't realize things were this complicated.

And that image of price increases is wild for the nuggets. I expect 4 piece price per nugget to be greater than the 10 piece nugget, but since they're the same product in different quantities I would expect the price to scale roughly the same for each because there isn't much of a resource cost difference. But I suspect they scale the 10 piece greater and keep the 4 piece cheaper for marketing reasons. Maybe to justify it as an add on item or keep it affordable for people feeding their kids. poo poo sucks.

CmdrRiker fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Apr 27, 2024

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

CmdrRiker posted:

I didn't realize things were this complicated.

it's sorta complicated when you do it right. it looks like this when you're lazy and dumb and set prices all-willy-nilly

oh yeah at my place a 4-piece nugget is on the 1-2-3 menu for $2.99. incredible

----------------

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 19 days!)

My grubhub app sometimes has a special of 40 nuggets and 2 large fries for like 14.99 sometimes.

I think that’s cheaper than in store

----------------

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

uber_stoat posted:

abjure the false clown

Price of hashbrowns is what amazes me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

GateOfD posted:

My grubhub app sometimes has a special of 40 nuggets and 2 large fries for like 14.99 sometimes.

I think that’s cheaper than in store

yeah I do this with ubereats. combined with a freebie they stack on top, UberOne and a random coupon, it's way cheaper even after fees and tip to get dropped off on my doorstep

----------------