Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Last night’s bounty included extra tenders and a free soda, bizarrely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
I figured out why the fries are so good. They're regular fries with curly fry seasoning

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
i wish mine had good fries. they've always been thin and hard as a rock. awful awful fries.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

The fries were better than the chicken last night. I went at 9 and they close at 11 so it wasn't as if it was a big deal to wait for new chicken. Chicken was just not hot, had clearly been sitting for a while. Not moist or tender, breading hard as a rock. Whatever, I'll still be back :btroll:

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

My closest popeyes stops giving a poo poo in a bad way after 12 and it sucks, im only ever tryina go there at like 2

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
popeyes really needs to get a spicy sauce on the menu. wendy's ghost pepper ranch is fantastic. why is popeyes not giving us the spicy option and no bayou buffalo does not count buffalo sauce is bullshit

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

barnold posted:

buffalo sauce is bullshit

:haibrow:

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
8 piece nugs is 14.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Went to Popeye's last night about 15-20ish before closing. Its a rare no-drive through location in a strip center.

Got a 4 piece but they gave me 6 pieces and a free large red beans + rice because they were trying to get rid of the excess food before close.

Not a bad thing to try again in the future IMO.

----------------

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Chinatown posted:

Went to Popeye's last night about 15-20ish before closing. Its a rare no-drive through location in a strip center.

Got a 4 piece but they gave me 6 pieces and a free large red beans + rice because they were trying to get rid of the excess food before close.

Not a bad thing to try again in the future IMO.

this is the secret ultimate strategy for all fast food chains. please don't go spreading it around

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Popeyes especially really piles on the food at closing.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 19 days!)

hate how the spicy fried chicken isn't spicy at all. they just add a pinch of black pepper to it?

----------------

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

GateOfD posted:

hate how the spicy fried chicken isn't spicy at all. they just add a pinch of black pepper to it?

Are you not asking for spicy and getting normal by default, is this a macho thing, or just joking around?

I mean being popeyes, it's entirely possible (likely even) they gave you the wrong food a couple of times, but not every time if you have been there a bunch.

I feel like the heat from their chicken isn't all up front, I've thought I had regular before after a couple of bites before it started to creep up and build up a little, is that it?

Even if you don't think it has any heat at all (?), the spicy still has actual good flavor to it beyond just a pinch of black pepper.

Otherwise if you honestly can't tell the difference between their regular and spicy chicken something is probably wrong with your taste buds or your brain.

I'm gonna assume you are just messing around, but I've got to go to bat for my boys at popeyes usually having some drat good fried chicken.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Spicy is just more flavorful (I’d argue that “spicy” is a bit of a misnomer, but my wife seems to think it is), it’s not going to kick you in the head or anything.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
the spicy popeye's chicken is not really spicy at all, i'm sorry to say. it definitely tastes good but like, wendy's spicy chicken nuggets are spicier. they taste like they should be spicy but they're not actually spicy. does that make sense

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

I know people taste things differently, but even with the "not actually spicy at all" stance like the two above posts say, also like the two above posts say I wouldn't say it just tastes like "just a pinch of black pepper". It's actually good. Thus the "just joking around" or "broken taste buds or brain" thing.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

I do get the impression some posters are implying there is zero difference between the two sandwiches which is objectively not the case

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I like the taste of the spicy but would agree there is no heat at all

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Dokapon Findom posted:

I do get the impression some posters are implying there is zero difference between the two sandwiches which is objectively not the case

if we're talking about sandwiches then the spicy chicken is literally not spicy in and of itself, it's the same breast slathered in spicy sauce

but their bone in chicken and their tenders absolutely do have a different seasoning in the coating

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Popeyes spicy can be hot to can't feel my tongue anymore. Not really consistent at my place.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

i don't think anyone is saying there is zero difference between mild and spicy chicken at popeyes. it very clearly tastes different

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

People are just saying it's a wuss level of spice, and some wusses got offended

----------------

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

:clint: Um, excuse me, I thought this chicken was supposed to be spicy? :smug: *servers roll their eyes, already completely sick of my poo poo*

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

"fast food being labeled spicy but not being spicy enough for the spice heads" is a tale as old as time. for those wackos it ain't spicy unless it burns off your tongue

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'm one of those wackos but don't you guys have the Ghost Pepper sandwich or wings? That's pretty spicy.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

“Spicy” at Popeyes can be really variable. Spicy in New Orleans always had a good bit of heat, in Boston much less so

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

The spicy blend was designed in the 80s for white people. It’s due for an update.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

barnold posted:

the spicy popeye's chicken is not really spicy at all, i'm sorry to say. it definitely tastes good but like, wendy's spicy chicken nuggets are spicier. they taste like they should be spicy but they're not actually spicy. does that make sense

No

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
My first job was working at a Popeye's and my job was to season the chicken. The Seasoning for regular is just salt and for Spicey its not a spice blend its just cayenne pepper. I made the mistake the first time of not wearing gloves to season the spicey and that was a loving experience.

So yeah its totally subjective because some Popeyes' the seasoner may not really season the hell out of the spicey. When i did it this was 30 years ago and we loving slathered that poo poo on the chicken to where it was just covered in cayenne.

----------------

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Dec 30, 2023

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Whatever they put in most spicy fast food that makes my tummy unhappy even though I enjoy eating it does not seem to be present in popeyes.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Popeyes is doing the 6pc wings get another 6pc for $1 deal. Which is good, their wings have been tasty and quite large.

KFC also has a 12pc chicken bucket for 50% off also.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Tried the blackened sandwich for the first time and it was really loving good.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Philthy posted:

Popeyes is doing the 6pc wings get another 6pc for $1 deal. Which is good, their wings have been tasty and quite large.

Hmm might try this later this week. Which flavors are good?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I usually get 6 honey bbq and 6 sweet n spicy.

The honey bbq are always hotter for me for some reason.

I may have tried the ghost pepper once before. But it's only mid hot apparently.

From what I saw on some youtubers the signature hot is their hottest and its legit hot. Im not a spicy hot aficionado, so I've never tried it yet.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

the signature hot is zippy but I didn't think it tasted particularly good tbh

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Two 6 piece wings is like 1700+ calories mostly fat. I liked the spicy wings the one time I had them but I don't think they reheat and that's too much food for me

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Wendigee posted:

Two 6 piece wings is like 1700+ calories mostly fat.

Solution: It's not mostly fat if you eat the bones. Fixes the ratio.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Got the 12 wings last night. Got the Sweet n Spicy and Ghost Pepper. Sweet n Spicy was good as usual. Ghost Pepper was a rub and not a sauce and seems flavorless? I had to dunk into the ranch. Shoulda got more SnS or the HoneyBBQ.

They're still some of the biggest wings in town, and really good.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jan 10, 2024

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 19 days!)

fried chicken probably not a good choice if i feel sick i think, but the uber app has a 50% off an order plus the free 6 piece if i order more than 15$

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

do bones get included in the base calorie count

----------------