Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Wendigee posted:

Two 6 piece wings is like 1700+ calories mostly fat.

Twenty Four posted:

Solution: It's not mostly fat if you eat the bones. Fixes the ratio.

i say swears online posted:

do bones get included in the base calorie count

They should definitely put a thing on their menu like some places have that say "with mayonnaise, add 140 calories" or whatever but for "eat the bones, add X", lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

They vary the reported calories with the sauce. Regular hot is ~1200/ 6 wings. It’s just junk calories between the breading, the retained oil and the sauce.

Compare that to a regular breast piece is 380.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I tried out the wings. They were decent, but the ones i got weren't all that big, kinda average to small sized. Ive seen bigger ones at Fire Wings. Maybe wing size is regional or something

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

The only time I tried Popeyes wings they were pretty tiny

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
For me they're the same as Wing Street and Wingstop, with the drums always being larger. And there seems to be at least one monster wing among the 12.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
wing size has forever been skewed in my mind by the hot pot place we go to, just as many wings the size of your fist that you care to eat

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 18 days!)

korean fried chicken are huge. but the price also matches

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist
BW3’s or whatever they are called Bdubs, Buffalo Wild Wings now is horribly overpriced, but the spicy garlic sauce is pretty good. But it is a good way to throw $100 down the toilet watching football.

Yes, I am aware that I can buy the sauce it at Walmart and yes I buy it from Walmart.

E: Wrong thread. I am dumb.

----------------

drunkb fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jan 14, 2024

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Anyone in Canada have a free chicken sandwich with $10 purchase in the app? I can't seem to figure out how to redeem or apply it. It says to go to the offers page but the sandwich doesn't show up there.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Got Popeyes today.

Got the free wings with the order since it was an offer on doordash.
Got the sweet and spicy. Pretty good, the sweet and spicy is just the regular asian chicken sauce I have a bottle of in my fridge lol. Not much meat, but I guess its good enough when you want to eat some fired batter. At least the little bit they dropped on each was lacking, but it was the right amount.

Also ordered an 8-count of the spicy chicken pieces, yea, its just a dash of black pepper you all.

----------------

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

GateOfD posted:

Also ordered an 8-count of the spicy chicken pieces, yea, its just a dash of black pepper you all.

Sorry your popeyes sucks.

Hollismason posted:

My first job was working at a Popeye's and my job was to season the chicken. The Seasoning for regular is just salt and for Spicey its not a spice blend its just cayenne pepper. I made the mistake the first time of not wearing gloves to season the spicey and that was a loving experience.

So yeah its totally subjective because some Popeyes' the seasoner may not really season the hell out of the spicey. When i did it this was 30 years ago and we loving slathered that poo poo on the chicken to where it was just covered in cayenne.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

lol 30 years ago

----------------

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

do you think if restaurants could vary with time, maybe they could also vary with location, or is it just a dash of black pepper all the way down everywhere forever? this is dumb lol, I like your posting but I don't get this

p.s. I like popeyes fried chicken and would like to thank the people like Hollismason for making it taste good

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The closest popeyes to me is also a bad popeyes. All LTOs are bad, chicken so small you think you ordered a 90s kids microwave chicken meal. But the sandwich is usually good, and the red beans and rice so I haven't stopped going to them completely. There is a better popeyes that is fairly similar in distance as the crow flies but takes like 15 minutes more to get there.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Ive seen the level of spicy vary a lot from store to store for sure

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
Ah so to nobody's surprise the "spicy isn't spicy" guys aren't the big macho men they thought they were, they just don't have access to decently seasoned chicken :smuggo:

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Dokapon Findom posted:

Ah so to nobody's surprise the "spicy isn't spicy" guys aren't the big macho men they thought they were, they just don't have access to decently seasoned chicken :smuggo:

we're going to find out in like 20 years that scoville units degrade quicker than those experimental elements

----------------

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Dokapon Findom posted:

maybe but also black pepper and cayenne pepper don't taste the same at all despite both having pepper in the name, so I still don't get it :shrug:

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah, it's def not just black pepper, it even has a red glare to it. They might put some in, but probably the dude forgot to do it right or whatever.

I'm just glad mine is consistently good. Nothing is ever small, and the spicy is spicy. Plus the extra tenders is always a bonus, even tho I've been on a wing kick with them lately cuz I'm not a billionaire.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Kevin Spicey

----------------

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

KTWKFC

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Had the Ghost Pepper Sandwich, it was okay. I think my favorite sandwich is the Blackened Chicken

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
pepper x, bell pepper, what's the difference

GentleReject
Jan 16, 2024
Popeyes is top 3 chicken sandwich and it's fast food, so that's saying something

everwake
Aug 9, 2021

Discord: everwake#0311
Steam: Everwake
Xbox: everwake#3338
PlayStation: everwakePS
Nintendo: SW-0815-2733-9404
Mastodon: https://gamepad.club/@everwake
Popeye's is my favorite fast food restaurant but the quality of the stores near where I live and travel (Fargo, Twin Cities area) are generally poor to just okay.

Back when I lived in Columbus, Ohio the stores were generally much better. But they also had just expanded into the area so I assume they were trying harder. I have no idea if they are still good 5 years later.

Best Popeye's location is on the Air Force base in Misawa, Japan. Got double the asked for spicy tenders and they were seasoned to perfection.

What I'm saying is, Popeye's is a land of contrasts.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Did they change the app so you can’t order without logging in now? Anyone else seeing this?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i think the vast majority of apps do that, so if it's just implemented it's behind the curve

----------------

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

I hate it, but as long as I can still use the coupons in store without an account I’ll keep it installed

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

in-app BOGO + ubereats gold + 50% off coupon means i got six orders of wings delivered to me today. only gotten through one so far but these are pretty great, especially the 'signature hot' flavor

----------------

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Did you get one of each flavor?

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

no i skipped the bbq and ghost pepper. sweet and hot is ok, the garlic is better but the signature hot is great

----------------

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Wife ordered 8pc nugs.

Got 15. I get free lunch tomorrow.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

E: Wrong thread this is KFC

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Philthy posted:

Wife ordered 8pc nugs.

Got 15. I get free lunch tomorrow.

if i was the wife, i just eat all 15

----------------

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Overdue for a Popeyes visit methinks...

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I miss the Poboys. Growing up that was the only reason we went to Popeyes. Spicy tender poboy so good.

----------------

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Think this is Canada only but free fishwich with $15 spend. LFG

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I don't know why I try once every 8 months, but I placed a pickup order for a spicy chicken sandwich and I went all double down and added the bacon and cheese.

I got home and it was a regular chicken sandwich without the spicey sauce even.

*Shakes head*

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Free chicken sandwich with sandwich combo purchase this week!

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Got 6 free honey lemon pepper wings with a $10 purchase. These are much better than the weak-rear end ghost pepper ones from 2018.