Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys/status/1224028423338766338

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I'm sorry sir, this is an Optimist Arby's drive-thru

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I normally can't stand fast food but I love an arby's "roast beef" sandwich with WAY too much of their sauce on it, if i am Sad

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007
i have never had a bad experience with arby's

they had like, orange creamsicle milkshakes once back when i worked and those were UNNNNGH

also seconding chicken cordon bleu

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

I loved the 5 for $5 beef and cheddars.

They're like $3.50/sandwich now. Every 6 months or so I drive up to their restaurant, look at the prices on the menu, then drive away.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Arby’s tomorrow white castle Saturday and probably stopping at Johns roast pork in philly on the way back home. This forums gunna kill me

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
I'm happy that this image can finally have a home

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Gulping Again posted:

i have never had a bad experience with arby's

they had like, orange creamsicle milkshakes once back when i worked and those were UNNNNGH

also seconding chicken cordon bleu

I had a bad experience one time, the beef was thick and way too chewy. It was at the same establishment I usually frequent, so they must have had an accidental mis-shipment meant for a non-Michigan store.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
every arby's i have visited everything always tastes vaguely like steam

not steamed, just like tepid water it's impressive

arby's loving sucks.

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
I haven't had it in years, as sadly there are none nearby, but I always enjoyed that weird-rear end roast beef with plenty of horsey sauce. Horsey sauce is possibly the best fast food sauce ever invented. We used to steal the big squeeze bottles they had on the tables inside and put that poo poo on everything way back when. I can't imagine they still have those things, this was back in the late 80s, I assume it's all packets now

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Arby's roast beefs are good cheat food when you're doing a calorie deficit diet. You can eat the Arby's MAX or whatever it is that can feed an entire family and it's only like 600 calories.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Gamerofthegame posted:

every arby's i have visited everything always tastes vaguely like steam

not steamed, just like tepid water it's impressive

arby's loving sucks.

:getout:

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

I haven't been to an Arby's in 6 years but a personal fave was the chicken bacon n swiss with -fresh- loaded potato bites. The loaded potato bites you have to get them fresh and eat in 5 minutes, they go bland real fast.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
"Arby's is the softest food commercially available, by far" -mike

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
For whatever reason the honey dijon they have in the little squirt nozzles in the dining area taste way different than the honey dijon that they give out on packs.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Remember the rumor that the roast beef was shipped to the stores as a liquid lol

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Who What Now posted:

For whatever reason the honey dijon they have in the little squirt nozzles in the dining area taste way different than the honey dijon that they give out on packs.

One of them was rancid.

Heather Papps
Nov 1, 2007

hello friend

horsey sauce

just think about this. they call their weird horseraddish mayo "horsey sauce"

i still eat it. i am not even ashamed to eat the horsey sauce. clearly this must be evidence that the food is worth it.

sports
Sep 1, 2012
Their "horsey sauce" is not hot at all. I also don't understand their sickly sweet red sauce they include on the beef sandwiches. Their beef, while being freshly carved, is pressed and extruded into a shape that seems so alien, like an uncanny valley of consistency compared to deli counter rare beef.

The Jamocha shake is the only thing that is sort of OK on the menu. The reuben sandwich is fine but I would rather make that at home.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
For my sandwiches I use one packet of horsey sauce and a half of arby's sauce. I also mix them together for my fries. :yum:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Chief McHeath posted:

Remember the rumor that the roast beef was shipped to the stores as a liquid lol

I wish that was true, then you could just hijack an Arby's tanker and have all the refreshing meat juice you could ever want.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

Pennywise the Frown posted:

For my sandwiches I use one packet of horsey sauce and a half of arby's sauce. I also mix them together for my fries. :yum:

I prefer 1:1. Arby's is just a vehicle for that heavenly mixture.

Do they even do straight fries anymore? Straights were way better than the curly fries.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I use to prefer their their non-curly fries too, but they haven't been on the menu in about 15 years or so.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Screw the fries - potato cakes are where it's at.

Arby's food is fine - their French dip is surprisingly serviceable, and the roast beef sandwich smothered in horsey sauce is good.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
Beef n Cheddar :discourse:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Horsey sauce x2 on a sandwich then Arby’s sauce for the fries. Good poo poo

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

jamocha shakes fuckin rule. the seasonal orange creamsicle is great too. Arbys has the meats but the shakes are where it's at

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

n8r posted:

I prefer 1:1. Arby's is just a vehicle for that heavenly mixture.

Do they even do straight fries anymore? Straights were way better than the curly fries.

I would do that but then it squeezes out of the sandwich. The horsey sauce is thick enough to mostly stay in place but the arby's sauce is really thin.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

oldskool posted:

jamocha shakes fuckin rule. the seasonal orange creamsicle is great too. Arbys has the meats but the shakes are where it's at

They also now have the best mint shake, ever since McD's ruined the Shamrock by making it taste like Listerine breath strips.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Rahu posted:

Beef n Cheddar :discourse:

Yes please

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Honey dijon if I'm eating in, au jus if I'm taking home

Heather Papps
Nov 1, 2007

hello friend

arbys has never made it home. on a few occasions my ex and i would grab it then put it in the movie snacks purse and go to the movies because chaos reigns, friends.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
arby's is the rare place where my usual thing is mostly sides and treats than actual sandwiches

i liked their brown sugar BLT sandwich and then it went away, so now if i go, it's really just for like a basic beef sandwich (or turkey club) with three pepper sauce (horsey is eh to me, same with the regular bbq) and no mayo

mozerella sticks
pizza slider
curly fries/loaded curly fries
ultimate chocolate shake or jamocha shake
apple turnover

and a couple of cookies for later on snacking.

it's the most embarrassing place to order food, because i feel like i'm not a human there.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
If you order normal fries instead of their curly one, you can in theory, get the freshest normal fries here since they will have to cook a new stack for you.

But curly is waaaay better.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

I haven't seen an Arby's that offered anything but curly fries in well over a decade.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I went back to Arby's to try Arby's sauce for the first time in memory, and it's...a basic vinegary barbecue sauce? I mean it's not bad, I was just expecting something more robust and distinctive I guess.

sports
Sep 1, 2012

Captain Hygiene posted:

I went back to Arby's to try Arby's sauce for the first time in memory, and it's...a basic vinegary barbecue sauce? I mean it's not bad, I was just expecting something more robust and distinctive I guess.

It tastes like snow cone syrup it’s horrific

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

NEW FROZEN TREAT IDEA COPYRIGHT ME DO NOT STEAL

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

you've inspired me, thread. I'll go to Arby's later for the first time, get some of their sides and junk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Is it possible to have too much Arby's? Yes, it's called the Arbinator