Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
Yeah, all the gyros there are pretty good.
It’s weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
They're usually way better than the weird gas station / airport / mall gyro places, too.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Philthy posted:

They're usually way better than the weird gas station / airport / mall gyro places, too.

There’s a locally owned Spiro’s Greek Taverna literally across the street from Arby’s.

Arby’s gyros are better :colbert:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Got hooked up at my local Arby's. Ordered a b&c along with some chicken nuggets and two of the nuggets were more like tenders and the b&c was rich with cheese sauce

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
Anyone had that venison burger yet?

I am a patient they.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I had one for dinner last night. It's good, amazing actuallly.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I decided to give it a shot for some reason despite hating the wagyu burger, only to find out they don't have it here. Oh well, more gyros for me :woop:

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Tried the venison burger. I don't know if it was cooked poorly or what, but it was basically the same as a frozen bubba burger cooked on a George Formann grill. In a blind test, I don't think I would be able to tell the difference. I haven't tried any of their other burgers, but I'm going to mark those down as a pass here on out. They have plenty of other things on the menu that are pretty good that no one else does, and burgers are everywhere else.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

IIRC they have to sous vide their burgers since they don't have grills.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

My understanding is they are souvide or otherwise somehow cooked to medium then they toss em in the deep fryer to sear and finish.

I wasn't a huge fan of the original burger and haven't tried the new venison one because that just kind of seems like a gimmick.

but when I tried the souvide then fried patty beef patty it was very juicy and came out as medium well, but it just didn't taste like all that much.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Wendigee posted:

My understanding is they are souvide or otherwise somehow cooked to medium then they toss em in the deep fryer to sear and finish.

Yeah this is how they cook them. This one tastes like it's very clearly not (just) beef and I like the Cherry Steak Sauce.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

do they... fry the french fries in the deep fryer that's been flavored with beef fat? because I want that, not the burger

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
my curly fries did taste awesome, unlike the burg.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I’m still baffled by the existence of the roast beef gyro.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Actually, I never realized they had a roast beef gyro which is different than their greek gyro.

I haven't actually tried the roast beef one. Their greek ones are good.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I didn't like the roast beef gyro at all the one time I tried it, something about the seasonings just did not mesh well with their regular roast beef. Went straight back to the Greek ones after that and never looked back.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Yes, you should never order the Roast Beef Gyro. Ever.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
Those fish tenders they got ain't half bad. I got them the last 2 times I went to arb's.

I am a patient they.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Yet hush puppy bartered ones?
Yeah, they’re pretty good.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

The hot honey bbq boneless wing special owns. Best thing I've had from an Arby's in a long time. They'll swap for curly fries for free too, don't get crinkled.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Had to stop by again when I found out cheesesteak sandwiches were back on the menu. I think I described them last time as a complete mess of a garbage sandwich that I enjoy eating nonetheless, and I stand by that. The big changes this time are a bacon ranch flavor, and adding garlic aioli to the regular one so it's even more of a garbage mess.

:getin:

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
i think cheesesteaks are supposed to be a big garbage mess

we had an "authentic" cheesesteak place here for maybe a few months before it went out of business and it pretty much looked like that, but with cheese wiz

it was good poo poo

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Got an email that Arby's is running the classics deal again with the $2 classics & $3 french dips. Although the email says you can't combine it with other discounts this time :(.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Arbys app is weird. It usually only has 1 or 2 deals, and when you use it, they dont show any more deals for another week. is it just me or the app/arbys sux?

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Captain Hygiene posted:

Had to stop by again when I found out cheesesteak sandwiches were back on the menu. I think I described them last time as a complete mess of a garbage sandwich that I enjoy eating nonetheless, and I stand by that. The big changes this time are a bacon ranch flavor, and adding garlic aioli to the regular one so it's even more of a garbage mess.

:getin:

I got a regular and it was terrible. It’s like they bought up a bunch of Stouffers chipped beef and dried it out and threw it on a sandwich.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

I got the venison burg and that was pretty fuckin tasty. The cherry steak sauce or whatever was really nice with the patty, but the pickles were kinda floppy and not great.

There was enough sauce on the burg that dripped off that I was able to dip a jalapeno popper in it and that was :snoop:

I don't eat fast food much anymore, so this is a major gut bomb and I think I'm just gonna take a nap this afternoon instead of working.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Casu Marzu posted:

I got the venison burg and that was pretty fuckin tasty. The cherry steak sauce or whatever was really nice with the patty, but the pickles were kinda floppy and not great.

There was enough sauce on the burg that dripped off that I was able to dip a jalapeno popper in it and that was :snoop:

I don't eat fast food much anymore, so this is a major gut bomb and I think I'm just gonna take a nap this afternoon instead of working.

It's literally cooked in the deep fryer for like 2 minutes before the sandwich is assembled which makes me give it the sideye but apparently it's pretty good. I might try the sauce on some other stuff sometime like on a classic or maybe the brisket hmm...

Szyznyk posted:

I got a regular and it was terrible. It’s like they bought up a bunch of Stouffers chipped beef and dried it out and threw it on a sandwich.

It comes precooked in a bag from the truck, the frozen meat is thawed, has to be used within x amount days, the meat is mixed together with mozz shredded cheese, then is portioned into a mix with the peppers weighing a total of 7 oz. When one is ordered, portion container goes into microwave for 35ish seconds, sub roll goes in toaster, roll gets either aioli or ranch, meat portion slapped into roll, wrap and serve so yeah pretty much. It tastes good but is a sloppy mess, especially if dumbass forgets to use parchment paper on their portions.

This is why most stores are not going to let you get it without peppers on it even though technically the system will let you order it that way.

Another day in the life of Randabis...

Randabis fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Oct 10, 2023

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I had the cheese steak and thought it was really tasty.

Little too much of whatever the white sauce was, but the flavor was good and the meat wasn't chewy.

I ordered a cup of cheddar to add on but it was already so wet it wasn't really worth it.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Cheesesteaks LTO is done, Mac and cheese bites are back on Monday. If your stores have any left buy them out if you like that poo poo. 2 for 7 reigns for End of year and beyond.

Big Game is done officially but your local store might still have stock and sell it to you(Most stores probably have it all winter due to leftover stock).

Randabis fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Oct 22, 2023

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Poppers were ok. The jalapeño was to, dunno, fresh? Guess I prefer em pickled a bit like other places

\/\/ well mebbe processed a bit? The Arbys ones seem kinda earthy like a green bell pepper

After I finished em I was like drat, I shoulda got some Weinerschitzel ones

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Oct 23, 2023

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I don't think I've ever had a jalapeño popper that was pickled :crossarms:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Actual content: I stopped by to get some mac & cheese bites thanks to this thread, and I liked them a lot. It's a nice cheese blend, a bit more flavor to it than I was expecting. I wish they'd put it on the permanent menu, it'd be a solid addition to Arby's cornering the sides market alongside the poppers and mozz sticks.

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

Never EVER use and pay with the Arby's app.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Why

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

Ordered a couple cheesesteak combos with Jamocha shakes, mac & cheese bites, and poppers substituted for the wife and I. Paid with a card through the ap and got a phone call halfway to the local Arbys. "Our cheesesteak promo is over. We do not have any." they tell me. I asked them to cancel the order and got the expected, typical "you have to call corporate to get your money back, we have no control over the ap." A call and email to Arby's corporate and still no response. Going on three days now. Man gently caress Arbys!

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

My Arby's still sells cheese steaks...maybe yours ran out early. But yeah that sucks they should be checking the inventory before letting you order it like 80% of the apps do.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Most don't have it anymore because the LTO is over and you haven't been able to order more ingredients for over two weeks now. If your stores still has them it's because they have leftovers from over ordering. The same thing is going on with the big game burger. We have several cases of those left in the freezer so still sell them, but all the advertising is gone for it.

The app is lovely though yeah, only pay in the store itself just in case.

The delivery apps are still letting people order stuff we don't have too making our jobs more frustrating lol.

2 for 7 lineup changed too, only classic roast beef, 6 nuggets, or 6pc mozz sticks instead of beef and cheddar/crispy chicken/6pc mozz.

Randabis fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Oct 31, 2023

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

They put some seasoning salt on the crinkle fries yesterday and it was very upsetting. If I didn’t want a bland potato fry I would have ordered curly.

amaguri
Mar 27, 2010

Navin Johnson posted:

Ordered a couple cheesesteak combos with Jamocha shakes, mac & cheese bites, and poppers substituted for the wife and I. Paid with a card through the ap and got a phone call halfway to the local Arbys. "Our cheesesteak promo is over. We do not have any." they tell me. I asked them to cancel the order and got the expected, typical "you have to call corporate to get your money back, we have no control over the ap." A call and email to Arby's corporate and still no response. Going on three days now. Man gently caress Arbys!

chargeback? under a certain $$ amount, most credit cards will just give you back the money with no questions asked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

When I had to contact McDs for an app refund they straight up told me to do a chargeback.