Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

Q_res posted:

When I had to contact McDs for an app refund they straight up told me to do a chargeback.

Good news. They finally came through and refunded my card. Back to zero I guess.

I try to avoid chargebacks. I work for an internet retailer that has to deal with them periodically. They are a pain in the rear end so I try hard to avoid invoking them in the name of karma or Galactic citizenry or some poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Well, I finally got around to trying another Arby's burger, with the Big Cheesy Bacon Burger showing up on the menu. I had one when the wagyu burgers first showed up on the menu a year and a half ago and hated it, I thought it was the worst burger I'd had at a restaurant. Well, the good news is, something must've gone wrong with that one, I think the meat was going off or something. This one was perfectly fine.

Unfortunately, the flipside to being perfectly fine is that it doesn't stand out in any way, which is a problem at its price point. I can get a better fast food burger elsewhere or better Arby's-specific stuff here for that price. I feel like they should just get back out of the burg market and focus on more distinctive stuff if they can't figure out something better or cheaper.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Captain Hygiene posted:

I feel like they should just get back out of the burg market and focus on more distinctive stuff if they can't figure out something better or cheaper.

I feel like they should bring back the goddamn potato cakes. :mad:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Curly fries, potato cakes, jalapeño poppers, mozz sticks, mac & cheese bites, got your Monday to Friday lunches all set :hmmyes:

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
yah their side game has always been pretty great

and those gyros are perfectly fine when they're 2 for 1

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I've never had a good fried Mac and cheese a always kinda dry.

I'll not be trying Arby's version of them at $4.09 for an order or 4.

Are they large or something?

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Nov 16, 2023

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

No, I forgot about the price on those, it's pretty criminal. I like them a lot, but it's kind of surprising how small they are, you should be getting a six piece or paying less.

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

Sir, this is Arbys. ALL of our sides are criminally priced. Also, we are rear end for eliminating potato cakes.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Wendigee posted:

I've never had a good fried Mac and cheese a always kinda dry.

I'll not be trying Arby's version of them at $4.09 for an order or 4.

Are they large or something?

It just seems like a bad idea unless you're walking down a midway

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

i bet arbys would do a mean fried pickle

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Grabbed a gyro today, and found out it's the season where they hand out a whole book of coupons with your order. Now I'm wondering if I can just set up a continuous chain of $3 gyros from now through the end of January... :sweatdrop:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Time for another gyro update: there's nothing worse than getting all the way home with your order and finding out you accidentally got a roast beef gyro instead of the regular one :negative:

At least it wasn't terrible like I remember from the one time I ordered it before, but it's not good either, just edible. The meat just feels wrong, and the whole thing is pointless without the gyro meat seasoning. Way to ruin my day, me Arby's!! :argh:

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Captain Hygiene posted:

Time for another gyro update: there's nothing worse than getting all the way home with your order and finding out you accidentally got a roast beef gyro instead of the regular one :negative:

At least it wasn't terrible like I remember from the one time I ordered it before, but it's not good either, just edible. The meat just feels wrong, and the whole thing is pointless without the gyro meat seasoning. Way to ruin my day, me Arby's!! :argh:

That’s a call the number on the receipt and demand a free sandwich situation.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Szyznyk posted:

That’s a call the number on the receipt and demand a free sandwich situation.

I would, but it actually was on me. I did an online order for once rather than in person, and managed to add the wrong one into the order without even noticing until I had the food back home. Oh well, lesson learned, double check your orders every time.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Complain anyway, it's their fault for birthing such an abomination

----------------

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

the fish sandwich is back. still the best fast food fish sandwich imo

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

Grand Fromage posted:

the fish sandwich is back. still the best fast food fish sandwich imo

Better than the McFish or whatever it’s called? Because that’s pretty good too.
Never tried one from Arby’s though.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Oh yeah, it's surprisingly good. Enough that I'm surprised it's not a permanent item.

Did it used to be on there full time? I feel like it did, some years ago, but I could be misremembering.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Alright, fine :colbert:
I’ll give it a shot for lunch this week.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah, I always thought they had a fish sandwich. I think it was the Hawaiian one that was limited maybe?

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
POTATO CAKES ARE BACK

in canada

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Nikumatic posted:

POTATO CAKES ARE BACK

in canada

You're lucky I'm in a blissful post-jalapeno bites haze :arghfist::effort:

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I drove by Arby's today. They had deals up on the window on cardboard, looking official. 5 dollars for 2 sliders and a fry and drink. Not available through the app

Also a sign saying 4 roast beefs for 10 bucks which is high but echos the 5 for 5 15 years ago.

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Jan 16, 2024

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

4/10 seems pretty dece

----------------

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

https://www.chewboom.com/2024/01/17/arbys-new-2-keys-to-the-cheese-keychains-unlock-unlimited-cheddar-sauce-cups/

:eyepop:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Nikumatic posted:

POTATO CAKES ARE BACK

in canada

Would one face prison time for trafficking potato cakes across the border?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I see the same workers enough that I'm probably already the gyro guy, better not to become the cheese sauce cup guy too :/

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I'm going to become the cheese cup guy I have little shame.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Wendigee posted:

I'm going to become the cheese cup guy I have little shame.

"hey everybody, look who's here! it's Free Cheese! heeeeey Free Cheese! how's it goin? Ready for your cheese?"

----------------

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Gimme that free cheese giant that works the meat slicer and gives me weird grins whenever I visit

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Yeah there’s that thing, it’s going to get funny if people start doing their orders one item at a time for extra cheese sauces since it is 1 free per transaction not just visit.

Andes mint shake and kings Hawaiian fish deluxe sandwich are coming back too, we already have the stuff and I think it rolls out next week. Hopefully they finally get the part for our shake machine that will let us have a 4th flavor haha. There’s a little plastic piece that is broken that connects to the pump line. That poo poo broke over a month ago…My franchise owner sucks and they need to tear down my location and rebuild it.

Another day in the life of Randabis...

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Randabis posted:

kings Hawaiian fish deluxe sandwich

:hellyeah:
Just put it on the forever menu, Mr. Arby's

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Had a slider for the first time in forever today. Is it me or did they massively shrink them?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I finally got the cheesy fish sandwich - it's fine, but it doesn't stand up to the King's Hawaiian Deluxe. The biggest thing is that it needs a slice of cheddar, the cheese sauce isn't strong enough and just kinda disappears into it. It also feels plainer without the tomatoes and Hawaiian sweet roll to push it up to the top. So, not bad, but bring back the King's and I'll be a happy boy.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

It’ll start being sold on the 29th. 2/7 changes to either classic roast beef, crispy fish or fish and cheddar as well.

Another day in the life of Randabis...

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Something weird is how the price differences between regular roast beef and the beef and cheddar are all kinds of wonky. Regular roast beef in my area is $5.49 while a regular Beef and Cheddar is $6.49. So $1 difference. Except with a Double it is a 60 cent difference and then with a Half Pound it is a 30 cent difference. Also you can turn a regular into basically a beef and cheddar for just 50 cents by adding the cheese and red sauce the only thing not the same is the bun.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

So much math for sandwiches that are basically reconstituted meat sheets :stare:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You're a reconstituted meat sheet

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

:saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I hadn't even planned on Arby's today, but it turns out the King's Hawaiian Fish Deluxe is back :woop:

It's so good, it's got all the extra stuff the cheesy fish sandwich was missing to put it over the top. Now just leave it on the menu like it deserves!