Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

White Castle: to the seasoned slider veteran, the name alone invokes a mixture of emotions. Sometimes it's lustful craving of delicious little burgers cooked on a bed of onions, sometimes it's existential dread after a night of drinking too much and pounding too many sliders.

You can order them by the sack:

You don't have to, though, and sometimes I'd recommend against it, depending on what your plans are tomorrow.

The thing is, White Castle is an American institution. Formed in 1921, they've brought many innovations to the fast food world that became the cornerstone of American cuisine.

You can also get married in one. Nobody you invite will ever forget it, and they definitely won't go home hungry.

Lets talk White Castle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

whats everyones max slider count? i hit 15 before i had to stop

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Do they still sell crave cases

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Do they still sell crave cases

yup. they have crave crates of 100 too

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I go to WC with my uncle whenever I'm visiting him on Long Island, and my aunt refuses to let the food into the house. She says the smell from the burgers lingers around the house for 24 hours lol

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I’ve never felt worst than after I had White Castle for the first time.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Did you knwo that the founder of White Castle invented the hamburger?

Did you knwo that White Castle started in Wichita, KS, but there are currently no White Castles in Kansas?

Did you know that the last time I had White Castle, I passed out about 30 seconds after getting home and I woke up to my cat eating my burg?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Iron Crowned posted:

Did you knwo that the founder of White Castle invented the hamburger?

Did you knwo that White Castle started in Wichita, KS, but there are currently no White Castles in Kansas?

Did you know that the last time I had White Castle, I passed out about 30 seconds after getting home and I woke up to my cat eating my burg?

Did he die? (Your cat???)

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
ive never been to a white castle before but i have had their frozen sliders before from the grocery store they are just okay
is the real deal better

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The_Rob posted:

Did he die? (Your cat???)

No, she's still alive

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
White Castle is like Burger King level. This is not a compliment.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

starbarry clock posted:

ive never been to a white castle before but i have had their frozen sliders before from the grocery store they are just okay
is the real deal better

They’re exactly the same.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Resting Lich Face posted:

Wow! Look how wrong this guy is, Burger King is way better than White Castle

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Iron Crowned posted:

Wow! Look how wrong this guy is, Burger King is way better than White Castle

At first I was like gently caress no BK is awful but then I remembered that their breakfast is inexplicably decent despite the rest of the menu. I can agree with this.

Does White Castle have breakfast? I've only ever been to one traveling and never in the morning.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
One time my company ordered White Castle for everybody for game night.

The company gopher said, "Are you sure we have enough bathrooms?".

I loved her.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
SOmeone brought in a big old box full of White Castle for the company potluck. They were ice cold by the time noon rolled around.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Iron Crowned posted:

SOmeone brought in a big old box full of White Castle for the company potluck. They were ice cold by the time noon rolled around.

They reheat well. Too well. Like McDonald's Apple Pie well.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

starbarry clock posted:

is the real deal better

The_Rob posted:

They’re exactly the same.

Yeah we don't have White Castles where I live but on a road trip some friends and I stopped in for our first Castle experience and they tasted exactly like the frozen ones you microwave.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Previa_fun posted:

Yeah we don't have White Castles where I live but on a road trip some friends and I stopped in for our first Castle experience and they tasted exactly like the frozen ones you microwave.

That's because they exactly are the frozen ones you microwave.

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001
White Castle is comfort food, my parents are from the east coast and whenever we'd visit family it was the first place we'd go when we got off the plane

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

starbarry clock posted:

is the real deal better

the real deal has a pickle on it so yes

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

we never got a white castle, but we did get the off-brand one called Krystal

there is something satisfying about shoving half a dozen burgers down your throat instead of one

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
The wife and I will be taking a trip from Baltimore to whatever the closest White Castle is this weekend in honor of the new forum. Will post about it here.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
take pics

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
white castle sliders are the only fast food i've ever had that was really, honestly, completely, inedibly gross

Resting Lich Face posted:

lol wow no

the BK original chicken sandwich might be 70% grease by volume, but that's part of the charm i've never had a BK burger though :ninja:

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
White castle is amazing. Every five years. You see that's how long it takes to forget. (shorter if drinking)

City of Glompton
Apr 21, 2014

there is no white castle here :negative:

i'd really like to subject myself to white castle some day

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

I would kill a child for a White Castle in a thousand miles

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
they have one thats like 15 minutes away from me but there USED to be one about 5 minutes away but it closed down and it bums me out because there's never one on the way home.

i think white castle is hands down my fav fast food. their fried cheese sticks are also pretty good.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
oh yeah i should point out that sometimes you get combination white castle and church's chicken restaurants.

the combo makes your eyes bleed but its impossible to resist if you are inebriated

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Burgers, and stay with me here: steamed :D

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
god i wish there were some on the west coast

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
i wish there was one near me. fish sandwiches and cheese sticks? hell yes.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
A lack of White Castles came into play when considering a job offer on the west coast that was more money (but probably not due to cost of living)

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

I was once driving cross country and stopped at a White Castle in New York. I thought I would grab some 'sliders' for novelty because I had never been there. The place was packed with people waiting, but I thought it was like an In-n-Out thing, where White Castle was just super popular. Everybody was getting giant rear end cases of tiny hamburgers, I was the only person who ordered two

Turns out it was the Super Bowl. It took me 30 minutes to get two tiny rear end hamburgers. They were ok I guess.

Welp thats my White Castle story

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The closest White Castle to LA is in Vegas. I’ve met up with friends in Vegas for the sole purpose of going to White Castle. I’ve driven back to LA with the crave crate.

terminal chillness
Oct 16, 2008

This baby is off the charts
I went there once while on a trip. Wasn't impressed.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
in and out basically my sub until white castle happens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
still high, still want white castle with cheese and some fries