Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Anyone try their sloppy joes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
I only eat their impossible sliders, which are the best faux-meat burgers in fast food, but my friend got the sloppy joe yesterday while we were dying my hair and she said it was not worth it compared to having gotten another burger hth.

She also doesn’t like ketchup chips, so ymmv here

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

I’ve had them a couple of times and while I wouldn’t call them great, they were better than I was expecting. Nice amongst other sliders just for the different texture, and the mix was fairly thick so it wasn’t just watery ketchup and crumbled burg like you might fear.

The mac and cheese bites are a much better add on, especially if they’re running the small for a dollar promotion like they have been recently.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
we don't have em where I live but I had to drive to Minneapolis last week, so I picked up a couple sliders. There were only two other cars in the drive thru but it still took over 15 mins to get my teeny burgers. They tasted bad but it was still pretty enjoyable.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

kloa posted:

we never got a white castle, but we did get the off-brand one called Krystal

there is something satisfying about shoving half a dozen burgers down your throat instead of one

I tried both and liked Krystals maybe 5% more than White Castle.

I think because they come with pickles and mustard on them.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

I had one of their impossible sliders once, it was pretty good. Get a lot of burgs for cheap, that’s nice!

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

sean10mm posted:

I tried both and liked Krystals maybe 5% more than White Castle.

I think because they come with pickles and mustard on them.

wait white castle has mustard and pickles on them as well...

were you comparing krystals to the frozen white castles?

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

I like white castle in the way that I automatically like all fast food. That said, it is the only chain where I will cop to the pure goon response of "this makes my stomach hurt, maybe worse." I've only had it a couple times when I've been back East, though, maybe I just need to build a tolerance

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Have any of you had the chicken and waffle sliders?
They're hands down the best tasting item on the menu.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

I live in Oklahoma, no White Castles. I've had it twice in my life.

The first time was after a friend and I had driven 13 hours to Louisville for a football game 10 years ago. Didn't have smart phones, and literally drove around Louisville for an hour between 10:00 and 11:00 looking for one. Eventually did, and I enjoyed it so much that

8 years later when I was in Indiana with my wife and sister-in-law for their father's funeral, we passed one in St. Louis at like 8:30 AM on the way back, and I made them stop. They were not happy.

I like White Castle

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
jesus all I want is some white castle when I'm high but it ain't here

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Anyone ITT planning a romantic dinner date at White Castle next weekend? Get your reservation soon before they run out!

GreaseGunner
Dec 26, 2012

Just chillin'
White Castle started in Wichita and so did Pizza Hut. There is no White Castle left in Wichita but there is plenty of Pizza Hut.

No one out pizzas the hut.

JumpinJackFlash
Nov 15, 2001
Some White Castles have drive thrus with multiple lanes that use a cool elevator system to deliver food to your car. Sort of like how banks use pneumatic tubes for the drive up teller. There used to be a video of it on YouTube.

Their double cheeseburgers are probably the best imo, but the chicken offerings are a close second. Waffle chicken sliders gently caress yeah!

The location 5 minutes away from me closed and now homeless people hang out in the parking lot for some reason.

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

Oh glorious White Castle. We lived in Cleveland for a while and the closest one was a two hour drive. We'd go for our after-thanksgiving meal when we were visiting family in Indiana for the holidays.

Chicken ring sammie with cheese and the chicken-n-waffle slider are the bomb. The fries are perfection. They even have electric napkin dispensers that fold your napkins for you at one in Indianapolis.

Now I live in Phoenix. We just got our first WC... I haven't been yet... https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/white-castles-arizona-sells-out-burgers

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
some white castle locations offer beer, removing one step out of the equation:

sports
Sep 1, 2012
You can take an Uber through the White Castle drive-thru and the workers there are totally cool with it!

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit
I went to a white Castle on LSD and it was... Unpleasant

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset

kloa posted:

we never got a white castle, but we did get the off-brand one called Krystal

there is something satisfying about shoving half a dozen burgers down your throat instead of one

How loving dare you. Krystal's is way better than White Castle.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

empty sea posted:

Impossible

sports
Sep 1, 2012

empty sea posted:

Krystal is a White Castle where everyone speaks slower

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
Last night I got lit at a concert, got home and Uber Eats delivered delicious White Castle. When the delivery guy came, I took my order, dropped the tray with my drink, slipped and fell and banged my head on the floor in the entryway to my house.

The food was delicious.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Grognan posted:

god i wish there were some on the west coast

there isnt? there sure as poo poo isnt any here on the east coast so where the gently caress are they hiding

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Sjs00 posted:

there isnt? there sure as poo poo isnt any here on the east coast so where the gently caress are they hiding

They’re fairly present in the NY metro area, down as far as philly, and then the rest of the chains presence is all kind of in an orbit around Ohio; Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee, etc.

They have just started trying to make a go of things in Phoenix and Vegas too i guess.

iMonarch
Mar 19, 2007
They opened up the first one in AZ right up the street from me. They had like a two hour wait just to dine in for almost two months after it opened, even the drive through was a labyrinth of cars wrapped around the parking lot. While the inside is very nice and modern, it's disproportionate to the quality of the food. Amusingly the beverage options were pretty great. Beer and wine on tap, plus Monsters, Red Bulls and White Claws.

The chicken and waffle slider was pretty decent, the regular sliders are truly indistinguishable from their frozen counterparts.

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

I remember in the mid-late 90s White Castle Stuffing was a red-hot midwest cooking trend. I think I it was served to at 3 consecutive Thanksgivings and then never again.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Argyle posted:

I remember in the mid-late 90s White Castle Stuffing was a red-hot midwest cooking trend. I think I it was served to at 3 consecutive Thanksgivings and then never again.

I had it at a Friendsgiving this year and it owned

sports
Sep 1, 2012
The White Castle near my parents house is packed for blackout Wednesday and absolutely inundated with drive thru customers the next day for stuffing

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Every once in a while I’ll decide pick up a frozen pack to see what all the fuss is about the burger and then never remember to grab them when I do. I take it as a sign but one day...

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

I had it at a Friendsgiving this year and it owned

Between this and Popeyes turkey you have the baseline for a killer themed thanksgiving and I kind of want to build out a whole menu now

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch
Not one loving mention of the mandatory addition of the Dusseldorf mustard. Shameful.
(WC owns)

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Gooch181 posted:

Not one loving mention of the mandatory addition of the Dusseldorf mustard. Shameful.
(WC owns)

they sell the mustard at my grocery store, it rules

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 18 days!)

I’m a White Castle soldier for 6 years, ask me anything

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Sierra Nevadan
Nov 1, 2010

GateOfD posted:

Not a Knight?

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

GateOfD posted:

Can I get 4 jalapeño burgers, a 20 piece chicken ring, and a strawberry milkshake?

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

GateOfD posted:

Do you ever work the overnight shifts? I've always greatly appreciated WC being open at night, but does it suck for the workers or is it Zen or anything?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Shadow0 posted:

Can I get 4 jalapeño burgers, a 20 piece chicken ring, and a strawberry milkshake?

that be $16, drive up to the second window.

Shadow0 posted:

Do you ever work the overnight shifts? I've always greatly appreciated WC being open at night, but does it suck for the workers or is it Zen or anything?

Its a revolving door. A lot of new people can't handle it. Since we're the only ones open this late at night, especially post-covid where every other fast food place that stayed night just stopped it altogether, we can sometimes make just as much during night shift as a regular day shift. Or it can be dead. Either way, management is gonna throw 3 people on there and tell them to survive. Add to that a laundry list of cleaning the equipment, it can be staggering. They used to give an extra $1 for night shift hours, but they took it away a while ago.

----------------

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Gooch181 posted:

(WC owns)

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

about half of all white castles don't use dusseldorf mustard.
like think the ones down in Chicago does, but the more northeast you go, the less you're gonna see of it

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
ones i tried i chicago didnt. just yellow

same w the one up in racine wi or where ever that single wi white castle is at

edit: Actually, they just handed out packets, they didnt put the condiments on