Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

ugh i didn't even know wendy's had gravy. did you add that as an extra on the sausage biscuit?? amazing

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
What the gently caress?
I didn’t either.
Might have to try that this morning.
I logged into the app just to make sure mine has it and sure enough…

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
They only have it for their biscuit and gravy item, which is tucked away in the side items portion of the menu. Which I haven't had the courage to try, McDonald's biscuit and gravy scared me off of trying fast food versions that aren't DQ.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I would describe their biscuits and gravy as "fine". I've had worse in the south for more money tbh

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
ate the second b&g today 3 days later and it's still quite good, the biscuit didnt dry out at all and a quick 60 second zap in the microwave made it all come together good. add a shitload of black pepper and you got some win for a fast food breakfast that requires a fork

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I wish I liked Wendy's biscuits, guess I'm gonna have to drive up with one from McDonald's and ask them to dump some gravy on there instead

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Had the Asiago Ranch for lunch today and man, I forgot how good it is.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
It never loses.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
it's the all time classic

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
I usually get a Classic Asiago Ranch; next one I get will probably be a Spicy to mix things up a bit.

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Spicy easily beats out the asiago unless you're not in the mood for heat or just a wimp. Improbably, it's even better than Popeyes' spicy.

----------------

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Actually, Asiago with the Spicy patty is the pro move and what I think Dokapin is referring to.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Improbably, it's even better than Popeyes' spicy.

WHOA WHOA WHOA :mods:

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Q_res posted:

Actually, Asiago with the Spicy patty is the pro move and what I think Dokapin is referring to.

That is correct, I should have cited it as the thread namesake. They always ask me which patty type I want; I can't recall trying it with grilled yet

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Grilled is gone now, it's pre-chopped so you can only get it in the wrap and salads now.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the wendys crew commercials are just a pale imitation of the progressive insurance ones

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
They made the dumb guy way too dumb.
“Two hot coffees!”

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Just had a wendys spicy and it's been a while but goddamn has the quality dropped.

It still has that perfect amount of seasoning and heat, but the chicken itself resembled one of those generic pucks you'd chuck in the oven.

C-

----------------

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Just had a wendys spicy and it's been a while but goddamn has the quality dropped.

It still has that perfect amount of seasoning and heat, but the chicken itself resembled one of those generic pucks you'd chuck in the oven.

C-

Word. Ate thread title and it's definitely gotten little. And it doesn't win any points for value either

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
i rememeber when the chicken used to be like twice the size of the bottom bun, jutting out on both sides. those were the days

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
I got a regular spicy chicken sandwich today, and while the chicken part was good, they've either changed the bun, or they ran out of the correct buns and gave me a hamburger bun instead.

It was not great. Fries were under-done too. C'mon Wendy, you're slackin'.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
goddamn those breakfast tatoes HIT

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
for "some reason" Wendy's has started listing prices on delivery apps in terms of if you removed every topping so for example, biscuits and gravy is listed as $3.28 but if you add it to your cart it's $4.50 because you chose to include the gravy. gently caress you

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
update one of the three deliveries apps didn't do that and instead charged $3.36 total for the b&g ?????????????? ,breakfast is saved

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Don't delivery apps have minimum orders of like $10 and then charge fees on top. Kinda defeats the purpose of finding anything cheap.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Philthy posted:

Don't delivery apps have minimum orders of like $10 and then charge fees on top. Kinda defeats the purpose of finding anything cheap.

there's a range between trying to save every penny and letting yourself be scammed out of money by deceptive price listing

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

AARD VARKMAN posted:

for "some reason" Wendy's has started listing prices on delivery apps in terms of if you removed every topping so for example, biscuits and gravy is listed as $3.28 but if you add it to your cart it's $4.50 because you chose to include the gravy. gently caress you

Wow looks like they finally listened to the rear end in a top hat who once said "I asked for no onions... therefore the price should be REDUCED to reflect my NO ONIONS!!!!" :reject:

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Wendy’s is too drat expensive now

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

dollar burgers are back! just add $.89 for a top bun, $.99 for bottom bun, $2.49 for a patty

----------------

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

So it's only a dollar to squirt condiments directly into my mouth?

Checkmate, idiot :smuggo:

----------------

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Tried one of their biggie meals today to see if there is even enough food for a meal. I usually get a Dave's double meal, which is over $12 now.

Grabbed the $6 double bacon whatever. They also have other options without bacon for $5.

Double bacon cheese burger. This is kinda small, but it tasted okay. McDonalds double cheeseburger size. With bacon.
4 piece chicken nuggets. These were surprisingly OK with the ghost pepper ranch. Which is about buffalo "hot".
Small fries, which were decent and went well with the ranch also.
Small drink, which is the size of a 90s medium drink.

It was enough of a meal for me and worth the price, I think. I'm not a big guy or anything so it's something I'll consider ordering because gently caress 2023 prices on everything else.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Nov 1, 2023

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.

Jenny Agutter posted:

Wendy’s is too drat expensive now

Has been for awhile. They charge like "fancy" fast food, but they gently caress up at least as often as the rest of the big chains around here.

You want real high quality trashy fast food, truck stop fast food is where it's at. Every time I've stopped at a Wendy's on a road trip it's been heavenly, and there's been a lot of em.

I hardly ever eat at McDonald's anymore for similar reasons. It's impossible to eat cheap at those anymore. My old standby for a late night snack for the longest time was the 99 cent cheeseburgers just before the pandemic price wave. Those fuckers are 2.49 now. They probably hardly ever sell the things anymore. Complete waste of money.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
At least where I live, because the local restaurants/chains where locals set the prices are pretty accurately priced to what people will pay, so fast food near doubling in prices has made it pretty much the same price as a mid level restaurant, minus tip. So the same price if you're ordering on door dash or something like that. And McDonalds is in a really bad spot because for some reason we have one of the most expensive McDonalds restaurants (all owned by the same dude) in the whole country. Like no lie McDonalds is cheaper in Los Angeles.

Regarding Wendys, the Biggie Bag is a pretty good deal though. I think I overall prefer the Carl's value box (Carl's burgers are among my favorite, I love char broiled), but it's pretty close.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Rick posted:

Regarding Wendys, the Biggie Bag is a pretty good deal though. I think I overall prefer the Carl's value box (Carl's burgers are among my favorite, I love char broiled), but it's pretty close.

What's the CJ's deal? I have one near me and I had a paper coupon on hand, but it didn't mention a box deal.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Twenty Four posted:

What's the CJ's deal? I have one near me and I had a paper coupon on hand, but it didn't mention a box deal.

Hidden on the far right side of the menu above the deserts there's two more combos (15 and 16).

One is a double cheeseburger and a spicy chicken sandwich, the other is 3 tenders.

Both have small fries and a small drink and a cookie. $6.50.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Rick posted:

Hidden on the far right side of the menu above the deserts there's two more combos (15 and 16).

One is a double cheeseburger and a spicy chicken sandwich, the other is 3 tenders.

Both have small fries and a small drink and a cookie. $6.50.

:nice: :thanks:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

swap the lettuce out for pickles on the chicken sandy with CJ/Hardees

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
Wendy's has this weird plastic exterior on the sandwich wrappers that makes handling them feel like poo poo. I'd rather it just be wax paper like McDonald's.

I am a patient they.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

sonic foil ftw

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Now that the chicken patties have shrunk to an inexcusable size and in light of the Bacon Portabella Mushroom Melt being strictly an LTO I'm inclined to say the Cheezy Cheddarburger is now the best item on the menu- a hit of pure flavor and a sound bargain to boot

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea