Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Dokapon Findom posted:

Bacon Portabella Mushroom Melt

I always get sad when someone mentions these, because I get all excited for mushrooms on burgers, then I find out it's just up in Canada or whatever :negative:

Looking it up, they do have a pretzel baconator coming out here, I'll probably give that a try. I've been craving a big Wendy's burger lately, although I've been disappointed that their pretzel buns don't really taste noticeably different to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
still think the queso burger is drat good, especially since i've actually been able to get the jalapeno bun the last two times i ordered it

was not impressed the one time i tried their pretzel bun, but i'd try it on a baconator sure

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Finally made it to Wendy's, and not a pretzel bun to be had :sigh:
So, I just got a regular baconator. Those things are tasty - it'd been forever since I'd had one, what a beefy burger. I won't want to eat a cow for days.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I had the pretzel baconator because I hate myself and it was not really worth the pretzel bun imo. I'm a sucker for a good pretzel bun but the amount of meat in the sandwich really overpowers whatever the bun tastes like. I mean, it was delicious, but the different bun didn't add anything.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Got a spicy chicken sandwich. The chicken was paper thin and hard as hell. Queso fries were hard even though they were hot. No bueno. Shoulda hit up Popeyes.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Nov 27, 2023

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

https://www.chewboom.com/2023/12/26/wendys-offers-1-cent-jr-bacon-cheeseburger-deal-starting-december-27-2023/
1-cent burgers at Wendy’s? Can anyone with the app confirm this?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Yah, it's in my app. They also have a BOGO cheeseburger, and 1 cent drink, free 6nugs, and a 2 for $6..

Of course, you can only use one deal once, so it's pretty much just lower end stuff.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

the breakfast burrito is real bad

like everything in it is just fine even if bacon ain't usually my thing for a sandwich or burrito but the tortilla is several magnitudes worse than a store-bought mission tortilla and ruins the entire point of the thing

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Well that stinks, I don't like most of their breakfast stuff but I thought that one had a solid chance since it's the breads I usually dislike. I think I saw a coupon to get one for a couple bucks, maybe I'll still give it a try on the cheap, just in case.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I liked the maple sandwich they had for a while but yeah the bread quality has dropped quite a bit

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I thought I was in the taco bell thread and was about to say the breakfast crunchwrap is actually fuckin great but yeah, Wendy's breakfast options all suck.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Breakfast baconator is delicious :colbert:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Just order a bunch of those seasoned potato things imo

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I really like their potato wedges.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I tried the breakfast burrito today, honestly I thought it was fine. I guess I'm more tolerant of fast food tortillas, but that part was better than the biscuits/croissants/English muffins on their breakfast sandwiches. It was also a lot bigger than I was expecting, I got a breakfast baconator too because I figured the burrito would be small, but it's a full breakfast on its own.

The baconator was better than I remembered - the filling's solid, and the buns seem weird for breakfast but they taste fine, putting them ahead of the other sandwiches. The funny thing is, the breakfast baconator seems unimpressively small compared to the regular one. I guess the breakfast toppings are more densely packed, but the sandwich just feels tiny compared to two slabs of beef.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
There's a sign inside Wendy's that says "Service that doesn't cut corners"- I thought okay, great- but now I realize it's because the patties are square, not round :aaaaa:

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Dokapon Findom posted:

There's a sign inside Wendy's that says "Service that doesn't cut corners"- I thought okay, great- but now I realize it's because the patties are square, not round :aaaaa:

They need a sign that says “Every sea salt fry we sell is a desecration of Dave Thomas’s grave.”

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They still have the iodized salt packets though. They changed from the classic double-barrel flip-and-tip to a standard rip-and-pour design though

I'm against the Freestyle machines taking the place of the OG fountain dispenser

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

Dokapon Findom posted:

I'm against the Freestyle machines taking the place of the OG fountain dispenser

This is a bad take. Sometimes I go to my local Meijer just because they have a freestyle. Wendy’s is the only place you can get a Sprite Zero Sugar with Ginger. McDonald’s is actively removing customer operated soda fountain in their remodels

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

I've never had a bad take in my life and I reject the implication

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Freestyles are awful abominations. They seemed okay at first, but now whatever drink you get tastes like the previous 5 drinks mixed in. My wife refuses to use them she dislikes them so much. Thankfully the places around here have been removing them and putting the old style machines back. Apparently changing out the flavor carts is too much work.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Freestyle is good because it accurately meters out the syrup so you don’t get lovely watered down soda because of a cheapskate franchise owner

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I love freestyles, although I agree that if you go somewhere that doesn't clean them well (Wendys, Jack N the Box) it's a worse experience overall.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Philthy posted:

My wife refuses to use them she dislikes them so much.

Lol oh well then

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

yeah poorly maintained/cleaned freestyle machines make themselves obvious upon first sip but it is nice to be able to get vanilla orange sodas or lime ginger ales when you're somewhere that's got a good one

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Peach Mello Yello Zero 😎

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Normal fountain machines are trash too. Nothing more disheartening than seeing the clearly unmixed syrup and soda water alternately sloshing out of the dispenser :nallears:

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Baron von Eevl posted:

Peach Mello Yello Zero 😎

Grape Sprite is another banger.

I like the Freestyle machines in theory. They suck to use when you have someone waiting behind you and you have to navigate the stupid interface from a pre-iPhone early 2000s touchscreen phone.

Q_res fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Feb 7, 2024

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Yeah I mean the interface is on par with my office's printer/copier/scanner

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.
My wife likes the Freestyles because it's one of the few places you can get a caffeine free diet coke.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Last time I went to Wendy's they didn't have any goddamn Sprite.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

speaking of freestyles and wendys and running out, i found it very funny a few weeks ago when they ran out of "vanilla"

like they had all their sodas and stuff, they just ran out of whatever goes into the vanilla freestyle cartridge

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

muscles like this! posted:

Last time I went to Wendy's they didn't have any goddamn Sprite.

I never get any clear soda from a fountain, all I can taste is coliform

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I liked those breakfast burritos enough to get them again today. I didn't check right away but they forgot the hot sauce, that's like the whole point of the burritos! C'mon, Wendy's...where's the cholula? Don't make me start an antagonistic ad campaign!

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Baron von Eevl posted:

Peach Mello Yello Zero 😎

yowza i thought i was the only one

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Chemtrailologist posted:

https://nypost.com/2024/02/26/business/wendys-planning-surge-prices-based-on-fluctuating-demand/

One of the worst ideas I've ever heard. Right up there with Quibi and the Juicero.

Lmao, goddamn. :rip: Wendy's

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Captain Hygiene posted:

Lmao, goddamn. :rip: Wendy's

They've already cut costs via quality to the point their poo poo just isn't worth it, unless you're starving and it's a last option.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

spicy chicken nuggets still good

The ghost pepper ranch sauce makes it all worth it. Sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
God drat those biscuits are buttery as hell. Like they stole the Popeyes biscuits for their breakfast sandwiches.

I am a patient they.