Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
Hell yeah, that's what I get when I get Wendy's. Asiago Ranch with spicy chicken.

I love Wendy's fries. They actually taste like there's a potato in there and if they get cold they aren't as gross as other places fries. My only complaint is that they either don't salt them enough or salt them way too drat much.

McDonald's fries are the best, but goddamn if they even get a little cold they are inedible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

emgeejay posted:

the sandwich deserves far better than this thread

suck my drat balls this thread is a bastion of Asiago Ranch and the pinnacle of Spicy Crispy Chic

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Gloomy Rube posted:

Yeah, at the local Wendy's it's 1.59 for the crispy chicken, and 5 bucks-ish for the spicy one, plus a buck if it's a combo.

C'mon man, you're comparing the equivalent of a McChicken to an actual decent quality chicken sandwich.

When I'm not getting a burger (the trick is you have to get a double, otherwise the beef gets overwhelmed because they're not shy with the condiments) the Asiago Ranch with a spicy patty is my go-to.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
I want to grubbub an asiago ranch but I don't trust the guy to not be eating my fries and poo poo

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I feel like GrubHub is a bit much for fast food in general. But at the same time I understand the intersection between craving and inability to drive sober.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I find wendy's burgers to be wildly underseasoned.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Now that they use fresh beef I think the McD quarter pounder is actually a better burger than Wendy's, which is kind of sad. Wendy's isn't dry exactly, but it's a weird kind of... moist?... instead of juicy-greasy like you want.

I swear Wendy's used to have better burger meat back in the day. :corsair:

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Bland as gently caress indeed. That's why you get the chicken.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

sean10mm posted:

Now that they use fresh beef I think the McD quarter pounder is actually a better burger than Wendy's, which is kind of sad. Wendy's isn't dry exactly, but it's a weird kind of... moist?... instead of juicy-greasy like you want.

They absolutely did. My father has been low-key ranting about this for years, and he's worked in kitchens/the restaurant industry since before I was born so I trust his judgment. Among other things, they've gotten saltier.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset

Resting Lich Face posted:

Bland as gently caress indeed. That's why you get the chicken.

I can honestly say I've never gotten beef at Wendy's. It's all about the spicy chicken sandwich or the spicy chicken nuggets with a frosty.

That said, the fuckers didn't give me my frosty last week and they absolutely gave me a plain chicken patty on my asiago ranch sandwich despite me checking the spicy box.

Delivery has a downside. I can get a few dollars back if I bitch, but who can give me back the excitement of knowing I had a frosty and a spicy sandwich on the way instead of pure disappointment???

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Polaron posted:

They absolutely did. My father has been low-key ranting about this for years, and he's worked in kitchens/the restaurant industry since before I was born so I trust his judgment. Among other things, they've gotten saltier.

They used to make a Pepper Jack Bacon Cheeseburger in the 1990s that loving ruled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHxoCKU6WMQ

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Apr 8, 2020

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Wendy's chili is shockingly decent.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Yeah for real. I just had it maybe 2 months ago after not having it for years and I was impressed. I wasn't expecting much but it's definitely better than something out of a can.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

The only use I've found for canned chili is to throw on hot dogs with lots of onions, cheese and mustard so it can just be a background player.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Same. I don't think I've ever eaten canned chili straight. I just needed some sort of comparison.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Honky Dong Country posted:

I agree but also get the combo with the chili and put some of that weird spicy chili sauce on the sandwich too.
The spicy chili sauce has high fructose corn syrup as an ingredient and yet it is spicy this makes no sense

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I couldn't figure out what changed about Wendy's burgers until I was in the app today and it hit me: they changed burgers to default to no mustard. This apparently happened back in like 2011, same time as they hosed up the onions.

Ordered with mustard added today and was very happy with my burgs.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

TheAardvark posted:

I couldn't figure out what changed about Wendy's burgers until I was in the app today and it hit me: they changed burgers to default to no mustard. This apparently happened back in like 2011, same time as they hosed up the onions.

Ordered with mustard added today and was very happy with my burgs.

Fuuuuck I didn’t even think about the mustard. When I’m cooking burgers at home I spend more time thinking about mustard than the beef sometimes!

I really want one of those spicy chicken sandwiches right now though. gently caress, why doesn’t the Wendy’s near me do doordash!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is very weird how many places just don't do mustard as a default condiment. I think Freddy's is the only chain that does mustard and not ketchup.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

muscles like this! posted:

It is very weird how many places just don't do mustard as a default condiment. I think Freddy's is the only chain that does mustard and not ketchup.

I’m not a ketchup snob, I used it on a ton of stuff. It’s just weird to me it’s the default instead of mustard, which is better in nearly every way.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

muscles like this! posted:

Sonic's has that weird thing where you can get Mustard or Mayo on its burgers.

Also most places that do mustard absolutely slather it on. To the point of being borderline unpalatable.

I haven't had Wendy's in months because the app just doesn't work with my local franchise. It used to, but orders just won't go through. It's like they flipped a switch.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Q_res posted:

Sonic's has that weird thing where you can get Mustard or Mayo on its burgers.

What the gently caress.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Yeah, the menu straight up says "With your choice of mayo or mustard". I'm sure you could get both if you wanted, but I don't know if there'd be an upcharge because that would require me to try eating one of their burgers a second time.

Mediocre is aspirational for Sonic burgers, they're too underwhelming to even be truly awful.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
I think this is a regional thing, basically nobody in New York defaults to mustard on burgers.

(Which is in line with my own preference, but then, native new yorker, I grew up with 'mustard on burgers is weird.')

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Isn’t that just a corollary to the ‘don’t put ketchup on hotdogs, just mustard’ rule?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Last time I went to a Wendy’s I asked for a fried spicy chicken sandwich with a baked potato and Diet Coke. I got a plain grilled chicken sandwich, fries, and a regular coke. The only way they could have been less correct would have been to give me a pizza from the place next door.

Two weeks later the restaurant burned down.

I’m pretty sure the two events were unrelated.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Midjack posted:

Last time I went to a Wendy’s I asked for a fried spicy chicken sandwich with a baked potato and Diet Coke. I got a plain grilled chicken sandwich, fries, and a regular coke. The only way they could have been less correct would have been to give me a pizza from the place next door.

Two weeks later the restaurant burned down.

I’m pretty sure the two events were unrelated.

I actually think the next level of wrongness up would be a baked chicken breast, scalloped potatoes, and an eight-ball of coke.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

mustard? ketchup? who fuckin' gives a poo poo because neither of them go on a loving Wendy's Asiago Ranch Chicken Sandwich with Spicy Chicken

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

I am voting Son of Baconator in the next US presidential election and no one can stop me actually

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I actually think the next level of wrongness up would be a baked chicken breast, scalloped potatoes, and an eight-ball of coke.

for eight fifty? that's a buy

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

sean10mm posted:

:agreed:

The actual burgers at Wendy's aren't very good. Their real strength is spicy chicken based things. Spicy sandwiches, spicy nugs, etc.

I vaguely remember liking their burgers more way back when Dave was still doing commercials. But that could just be nostalgia talking.

the junior bacon cheeseburger is actually still perfect

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

poverty goat posted:

the junior bacon cheeseburger is actually still perfect

They're right though, the regular burgs actually used to taste like something, it's like they refuse to season now.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

since the pandemic-related food shortages has anyone noticed that the chicken breasts used in the sandwiches have been so fuckin top tier lately? i have

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
the OP is right and the Spicy Asiago Ranch loving slaps

just wanted to say that before the forums die

Clever Moniker
Oct 29, 2007

sean10mm posted:

I love a Wendy's burg but you're on to something here. You have to go with one of the bacon burgs and add mustard to really make that sandwhich sing.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
Wendy's offering a free baconator when you buy a can of baconator pringles and order with the mobile app. I am not above doing this.

code is on the foil under the lid.

the chips are completely poo poo btw. completely overwhelming smoke taste with only the vaguest of beef and ketchup notes. 2/10, absolute garbage. still, it amounts to a discount baconator.

tetsuo fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Aug 9, 2020

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Just found out the Chicken Wraps are permanently gone, nationwide menu removal. :smith: my go to order for years has been spicy chicken sandwich + 2 spicy chicken wraps

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

tetsuo posted:

Wendy's offering a free baconator when you buy a can of baconator pringles and order with the mobile app. I am not above doing this.

the chips are completely poo poo btw. completely overwhelming smoke taste with only the vaguest of beef and ketchup notes. 2/10, absolute garbage. still, it amounts to a discount baconator.

Agreed, the chips are bad. It is on the line of "maybe I should just throw this away" and "don't waste food" for me.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

tetsuo posted:

still a deal? but those chips sound very gross, and I say this as someone who likes the pizza pringles

maybe you could wash the flavor powder off with a gentle rinse and then dry em back out in the oven

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Pringles are already gross enough. :gonk: Plus, with the exception of Morningstar "chicken" nuggets/patties, meat-flavored stuff that isn't actually meat kind of grosses me out.