Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
the chips are confirmed loving disgusting but pizza Pringles are some of the best chips imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

barnold posted:

the chips are confirmed loving disgusting but pizza Pringles are some of the best chips imo

Agreed.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
asiago ranch. it's what's for lunch bitch

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I got the spicy asiago ranch yesterday on the threads recommendation and yeah it's pretty good.
Also tried out the chocolate frosty-ccino and it's good for the first few sips but then it gets all watery. You basically gotta start sipping the moment you get it otherwise it isn't very good.

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

tetsuo posted:

Wendy's offering a free baconator when you buy a can of baconator pringles and order with the mobile app. I am not above doing this.

code is on the foil under the lid.

the chips are completely poo poo btw. completely overwhelming smoke taste with only the vaguest of beef and ketchup notes. 2/10, absolute garbage. still, it amounts to a discount baconator.

Definitely the whole reason for the promotion in the first place.

Shania Twain
Aug 25, 2008
I tried the Asiago ranch spicy chicken and I gotta say “not bad”

drat those Wendy’s fries are the best though

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Shania Twain posted:

I tried the Asiago ranch spicy chicken and I gotta say “not bad”

drat those Wendy’s fries are the best though

They're certainly the most "not bad" of the fast food fries I've had

Used to be Del Taco's but I feel like the quality has taken a dive in the past year

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i used to like Wendy's fries a lot but they started forgetting the salt half the time so now i order more sandwich instead

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I stopped by Wendys this afternoon to get a biggie bag for lunch and they had a sign about how they just straight up didn't have any lettuce.

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

muscles like this! posted:

I stopped by Wendys this afternoon to get a biggie bag for lunch and they had a sign about how they just straight up didn't have any lettuce.

i have seen this sign

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

The Bacon and Blue with blue cheese from a few years back was legit one of the best fast food burgers I have ever had. I wish they'd bring it back, but I bet sourcing the blue cheese crumbles wasn't cheap.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
the beer cheese burger / chicken is gross. the pretzel bun is weirdly greasy but the onion rings and cheese dont taste good together.

gonna stick with the thread title because it is the best sandwhich they have. Although i do like the jalapeno chicken sandwhich with no onion rings on it.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

snergle posted:

the beer cheese burger / chicken is gross. the pretzel bun is weirdly greasy but the onion rings and cheese dont taste good together.

gonna stick with the thread title because it is the best sandwhich they have. Although i do like the jalapeno chicken sandwhich with no onion rings on it.

I've had versions of that burger elsewhere and they're good. Something is off with the bun and cheese as you mentioned.

istewart posted:

The Bacon and Blue with blue cheese from a few years back was legit one of the best fast food burgers I have ever had. I wish they'd bring it back, but I bet sourcing the blue cheese crumbles wasn't cheap.

Bacon and blu cheese burgers are amazing. Anytime I go to an 'upscale' burger joint I'll always get one.

----------------

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

B&B was incredible. I like the new pretzel thing but I’ve only had it with chicken

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

I tried to go to the one at the truck stop by my house yesterday, and they said the beef grill was closed for maintenance :(

it's a gamble every time anyway, though. the carl's jr across the street, now that is the place for interstate fast food!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Yesterday I ordered a Baconator with lettuce & onion. While it was good, I realized that I probably should have just gotten a bacon double cheeseburger from the place across the street. Oh well. :effort:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
wendys is replacing their non-spicy chicken sandwich fillets?

anyone tried the new one yet?

quote:

On Thursday, the fast food chain announced that it is releasing a new, “crispier, juicer” chicken sandwich, promising the flavor will make the sandwich “an instant classic,” according to a press release.

The new “Classic Chicken Sandwich” is made with an all-white meat chicken breast and topped with mayo, tomato, lettuce and pickles, according to the announcement.

However, the updated fillet being used on the new sandwich will also be used for all of Wendy’s chicken sandwiches, the announcement said.

curious how it compares, and also whether this will mean changes to the spicy fillets in the future

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8KfYOOEuc

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

TheAardvark posted:

wendys is replacing their non-spicy chicken sandwich fillets?

anyone tried the new one yet?

curious how it compares, and also whether this will mean changes to the spicy fillets in the future

I probably will try it soon. I like a chicken sandwich but the old one was pretty boring/bland considering the spicy is RIGHT THERE.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i had one, the app gives a coupon for a free one with any purchase

i thought it was ranch sauce, not mayo. the sauce and the pickles were the best part, tasted just like fried pickles at a hipster diner

good sandwich would get one again for free but not paying $4.99 lol

----------------

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
finally tried it, yeah the classic chicken sandwich is actually surprisingly good. the pickles+mayo work very well

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

TheAardvark posted:

finally tried it, yeah the classic chicken sandwich is actually surprisingly good. the pickles+mayo work very well

I still haven’t had it because whenever I’m thinking of getting one, I just get the spicy instead.

----------------

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

TheAardvark posted:

so it's like a wendy's popeyes chicken sandwich is what you tell me

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

barnold posted:

it is definitely an attempt to get closer to that but I haven't had popeyes in long enough to say

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

barnold posted:

No.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

didn't read, no avatar. buy a loving avatar bumass :clint:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The new sandwich is pretty whack. Sonic Tier.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

tbh i fuckin love sonic, the one near me always hits the spot but i only get burgs and not chimken.; still haven't tried the new wendy's but im gonna soon

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
I used to leave work at like 3pm and the "happy hour" (2-5pm?) value menu $1 sliders were all pretty decent. The jalapeno beef and buffalo chicken were my favorite. Do they still do that?

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Has anyone had the jalapeño popper chicken sandwich yet? Planning on a cheat meal with it next weekend. Can’t wait to try.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Just tried it last night. I went with the Classic Chicken patty, not the Spicy, so bear that in mind. I thought it was pretty good, reasonable amount of heat but not too spicy.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

No fast food item has ever been 'spicy' imo. In terms of heat, not flavor profile that is. Like there has never once been a fast food item created that is actually 'spicy hot', and I don't mean 'Dave's Insanity Sauce' levels of power, here. I mean they just don't exist. This sad situation goes beyond poor Wendy, I'm afraid.
Granted it's because a lot of Westerners simply balk at the idea of taco bell hot sauce apparently, but it would be cool to see an actual firey menu item make it down the line if for no other reason than to break the dam, as it were. Get people conditioned to the heat a bit.

----------------

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I know tons of people in the US who want hot poo poo at fast food places, it’s not a “westerners” thing, it’s more a fast food place doesn’t want someone completely overestimating their spice tolerance and having a freak out about it.

----------------

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I know tons of people in the US who want hot poo poo at fast food places, it’s not a “westerners” thing, it’s more a fast food place doesn’t want someone completely overestimating their spice tolerance and having a freak out about it.

If you can put a hot warning on a cup of coffee to legally excuse you for 3rd degree burns to the customer, I don't see how you couldn't do the same for spicy products.

Do they think it would be a media disaster if someone ate the spicy thing and then complained about it on twitter or facebook? The crab-bucket of social media commentators would roast the customer for being a baby about spicy foods. Incessantly.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

The spicy jalapeño popper sandwich was very very good. I loved the smell and cream cheese. Strongly recommend.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i had the salad because coupon. pickled jalapenos are weird as hell in that lol

----------------

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen
Probably gonna get the asiago ranch and a side of chili for lunch tomorrow.

----------------

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

Wendy's spicy chick has been a go to of mine for drat near twenty years. i have ordered one other thing besides a frosty in that time frame--a nasty, wet baconator when those came out. quickly went back to the queen. it hits just right whether you're kinda hungry or starving. i didn't live near one for a long time. now that I'm back in civilization it's taken some time to build the habit back up but I had it twice in the last two weeks and it's calling again

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i'm the psycho who orders the grilled chicken instead most of the time. i don't know why. also i curse wendy's for removing the chicken wraps from the menu

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow
Wendy's new Crispy panko Fish Sandwich is probably the best fast food fish sandwich despite switching from Cod to Pollock this year. The tartar sauce is herby and delicious and the fish has a nice crunch and good flavor. A++ Will buy again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

Wendy's spicy chick has been a go to of mine for drat near twenty years. i have ordered one other thing besides a frosty in that time frame--a nasty, wet baconator when those came out. quickly went back to the queen. it hits just right whether you're kinda hungry or starving. i didn't live near one for a long time. now that I'm back in civilization it's taken some time to build the habit back up but I had it twice in the last two weeks and it's calling again
Try the jalapeno popper spicy chicken, it's got a good amount of jalapenos and the cream cheese works well.

That said, agreed, regular spicy chicken is my go to selection. 2 for $5? Yes please and thank you.