Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist
They just built a Culver’s in my area, so we decided to try it for dinner tonight. I got the Double Bacon Deluxe burg basket with cheese curds, my wife got the Single Bacon Deluxe basket with fries, and my toddler got the Original hamburger kids meal with fries. It was freaking awesome! I am seriously impressed. The burgers are really damned good. Thanks for the recommendation OP. I dipped my cheese curds in a little ranch and they were great too. Don’t judge me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

It’s a Wisconsin chain. You’re supposed to do that

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

drunkb posted:

They just built a Culver’s in my area, so we decided to try it for dinner tonight. I got the Double Bacon Deluxe burg basket with cheese curds, my wife got the Single Bacon Deluxe basket with fries, and my toddler got the Original hamburger kids meal with fries. It was freaking awesome! I am seriously impressed. The burgers are really damned good. Thanks for the recommendation OP. I dipped my cheese curds in a little ranch and they were great too. Don’t judge me.

welcome to the beginning of the rest of your life! watch for coupons in the mail. if you sign up for their email thing you get some too.

and curds are usually served with ranch, it's all good

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

Crusty Nutsack posted:

welcome to the beginning of the rest of your life! watch for coupons in the mail. if you sign up for their email thing you get some too.

and curds are usually served with ranch, it's all good

Yeah we got a whole sheet of them in the mail as a "We're now in your neighborhood" sort of thing. My wife and I already discussed going back soon while we still there. It was that good.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

WEH posted:

It’s a Wisconsin chain. You’re supposed to do that

I am from Ohio, so I guess that gives me a pass as well.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Last time I went there I got WI cheese sauce for me to dip my cheese curds in.

:getin:

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Yah you can dip em in whatever. It’s expected. Ranch is the go to tho.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Philthy posted:

Culvers are all over where I live, and their burgs are pretty good. I especially love their fries.

However, their fish fry is pretty great. Guaranteed it's better than 90% of them out there from any hole in the wall joint. Sure, you don't get to suck down a beer, but their fish is huge, the breading done perfect, and the rest of the dish fries/slaw/bun are thumbs uppers.

In fact I'm going to have it tonight.

Their fish is pretty dope as long as you eat it in the restaurant. I live like 4 minutes from a Culvers and I've tried carryout fish a couple times when I didn't want to deal with restaurant crowds and it gets soggy super fast.

I haven't heard them talk about it yet this lent, but prior years they had walleye out for the season and it's :discourse:

DessertStorm
Aug 9, 2013

Can't believe no one's mentioned the absolute perfection of crinkle cut fries and WI cheese sauce. That sauce is the boss and the crinkles pick up/carry the ideal amount to the face hole.

Sad tale- I first tried Culver's a few months after I moved to the Midwest when my partner was out of town (plus secretly a few times when they were just not home lol). I love it and talked it up for months but when we finally went together, Culvers hosed up my partner's burger and now they refuse to go back. Am I doomed to butterburg solo?

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Casu Marzu posted:

I haven't heard them talk about it yet this lent, but prior years they had walleye out for the season and it's :discourse:

they have walleye! get it before easter

DessertStorm posted:

Can't believe no one's mentioned the absolute perfection of crinkle cut fries and WI cheese sauce. That sauce is the boss and the crinkles pick up/carry the ideal amount to the face hole.

Sad tale- I first tried Culver's a few months after I moved to the Midwest when my partner was out of town (plus secretly a few times when they were just not home lol). I love it and talked it up for months but when we finally went together, Culvers hosed up my partner's burger and now they refuse to go back. Am I doomed to butterburg solo?

I love their fries because they are the perfect vehicle for dips, though a lot of people seem to hate crinkle fries because they are silly

how did they gently caress up the burger? you should have complained and they'd make you a new one. I'd say a good strategy is to just bring some surprise Culver's home and see if your partner can resist

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'm not a fan of crinkle cut fries. For some reason, all of them that I have never have enough salt on them. And chances are they've never been touched by a human unless they are hand cut with that weird blade.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I'm not a fan of crinkle cut fries. For some reason, all of them that I have never have enough salt on them. And chances are they've never been touched by a human unless they are hand cut with that weird blade.

do you...do you think non-crinkle cut fries from fast food places are cut by hand? because no. no fries from fast food places, minus 5 guys, are cut by hand

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I like the idea of crinkle cut fries but I'm always disappointed. Ore-ida oven fries were like a childhood treat that seemed wonderful once, and in adulthood they consistently disappoint. Perhaps this is a life analogy.

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
craving culvers.......

timn
Mar 16, 2010
Crinkle cut fries are divisive with people for sure, and I theorize it's due to bad memories of lovely oven-baked ones at home and in school lunches.

Culver's fries are very good and wholesome if you can look past the bad rap crinkle cut gets in general.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

timn posted:

Crinkle cut fries are divisive with people for sure, and I theorize it's due to bad memories of lovely oven-baked ones at home and in school lunches.

that is a good theory

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Yeah that's probably why I don't like them. Terrible American school lunches.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah, I love Culvers fries and I keep freaking buying crinkle cut frozen fries for home and they're never good. Maybe I need one of those air friers or something I dunno. As a kid we used to just dump lawrys all over them and just eat a huge pile right off the oven sheet and it was good.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Philthy posted:

Yeah, I love Culvers fries and I keep freaking buying crinkle cut frozen fries for home and they're never good. Maybe I need one of those air friers or something I dunno. As a kid we used to just dump lawrys all over them and just eat a huge pile right off the oven sheet and it was good.

they're fine if you deep fry them, of course. an air fryer is just a convection oven, so don't bother with that bs.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Crusty Nutsack posted:

they're fine if you deep fry them, of course. an air fryer is just a convection oven, so don't bother with that bs.

Unless you don't own a convection oven.. I've never lived in an apartment with a convection oven in 10+ moves.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

TheAardvark posted:

Unless you don't own a convection oven.. I've never lived in an apartment with a convection oven in 10+ moves.

me either. but like, it's just an oven with a fan. it's really not magic like everyone makes it out to be. the results are much closer to a non-convection oven than a deep fryer. we had one like this when I was a kid when we didn't want to heat up the kitchen with the oven. it was fine but we definitely didn't think we were frying a turkey breast lol https://www.walmart.com/ip/Oyama-12-Quart-Turbo-Convection-Oven/19676907

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

You’re supposed to order the fries extra crispy.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Pewdiepie posted:

You’re supposed to order the fries extra crispy.

This is a pro move just about anywhere.

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
i want to try the walleye tmrw

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Just had a bacon deluxe. Nap time

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

WEH posted:

Just had a bacon deluxe. Nap time

New thread title.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Got some of that walleye and while my experience isnt super broad in the area, it was without a doubt the best fast food fish i've ever had

timn
Mar 16, 2010
Local Culver's is now having everyone use the app for curbside pickup with the whole parking lot as overflow because they're so insanely popular here and can't manage everyone using the drive through.

E: Well it's not so amusing now as the drive through line has gotten so long I'm blocked in my spot. :v:

timn fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Mar 27, 2020

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Sign of the Times: Culvers using post-its in place of iconic plastic numbers

(From last Friday in Eau Claire, WI. I don’t know if EC is still doing drive-through ordering or if they’re app-only.)

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Wanted to get out of the house so I went and got culvers for dinner, they've got a real slick setup now.

Instead of the plastic thingy with your number, they give you a sticky note with a number to put on the inside of your windshield

all the dudes who come out with your food have bandanas on, no dine in only drive through

the walleye was so good but they havent got it any more so i got cod, its also fantastic.

they are great burgers but they are low key vastly the best drive through fish

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Man i wish I had seen this thread sooner. I lived in Wisconsin for the first 24 years of my life but have been in Culvers-less Virginia for the last 11. I'm 150 miles away from the closest one in North Carolina. Whenever I go on a trip I check to see if there is a Culvers nearby, it's the first place I go. Too bad I only make it to the midwest like once a year, although they seemed to be on every block when I visited Tampa a couple of years ago. They are better the closer you are to Wisconsin. The service there is so good it makes the people at chick fil a look rude.

Amazing: deluxe butterburger (really any butterburger), custard, and diet root beer. My wife loves the cod sandwich which is also light years ahead of any other fast food fish sandwich.

Just ok: crinkle-cut fries are pretty mediocre. I'm actually not a huge fan of the cheese curds there; there's too much breading. I love me some fried curds but getting beer battered ones somewhere else (if I'm in Wisconsin) is preferable.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Whooping Crabs posted:

Man i wish I had seen this thread sooner. I lived in Wisconsin for the first 24 years of my life but have been in Culvers-less Virginia for the last 11. I'm 150 miles away from the closest one in North Carolina. Whenever I go on a trip I check to see if there is a Culvers nearby, it's the first place I go. Too bad I only make it to the midwest like once a year, although they seemed to be on every block when I visited Tampa a couple of years ago. They are better the closer you are to Wisconsin. The service there is so good it makes the people at chick fil a look rude.

Amazing: deluxe butterburger (really any butterburger), custard, and diet root beer. My wife loves the cod sandwich which is also light years ahead of any other fast food fish sandwich.

Just ok: crinkle-cut fries are pretty mediocre. I'm actually not a huge fan of the cheese curds there; there's too much breading. I love me some fried curds but getting beer battered ones somewhere else (if I'm in Wisconsin) is preferable.

:whatup: Culver-less VA buddy? :cry::hf::cry:

roadtrip?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Sid Vicious posted:

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Sid Vicious posted:

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

I salute your effort but butterburgs are griddled not charbroiled

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
It is Friday my dudes

Get a Culver’s fish fry with onion rings

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

`Nemesis posted:

It is Friday my dudes

Get a Culver’s fish fry with onion rings

:yeah:

I have dinner already planned tonight, but I'm halfway tempted to hit up Culver's for a fish sandwich and cheese curds tomorrow. So drat good.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

:whatup: Culver-less VA buddy? :cry::hf::cry:

roadtrip?

Roadtrip when this covid poo poo dies down, maybe in 2 years or something

Your Shoes
May 6, 2020

by Reene

Sid Vicious posted:

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Whooping Crabs posted:

Roadtrip when this covid poo poo dies down, maybe in 2 years or something

Hell yeah.

Sid, your thredbump probation seems not to have been in vain. Nice work.