Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Tomarse posted:

I've never looked into soda blasting. Does anybody know if the home blasting tools work?
The pressure vessel types that are basically an air tank you put sand in? Yes, I've got one, works pretty well, though bear in mind media blasting is obscenely air-hungry to do continuously.

Not tried it with soda, but I can't see why it wouldn't work similar to how grit blasting does with the same setup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Tomarse posted:

Yeah, something like one of these - https://www.sandblasters.co.uk/soda-7-portable-soda-blasting-pot-419-p.asp

My compressor will deal with this on paper (its a 100L 3hp one that will run my blast cabinet) - but yeah, its not gonna enjoy it much is it!

soda would also kill all the weeds on my drive...
Mmm, my ebay special is a fatter version of that. I've used it ona fair few things, but my 2.5HP 50L compressor runs out of puff quite quickly with it (I just pause work while it catches up).

Only used it with Wickes' finest sharp paving sand so far (yes, I wear a bloody good mask).

Though I have a small vibration deburr machine (meant for ammunition brass) that I use walnut shells in sometimes for small stuff - the walnut shells are "organic" cat litter from Pets At Home.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
How heavy is a wheel & tyre?

Maybe a parallelogram type linkage, or just a strap/sling for leverage?

I've seem someone use a cheap Ebay ATV winch to lift a heavy tyre into place.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Get closed-cell foam interlocking mats like this:
https://www.halfords.com/tools/garage-equipment/garage-essentials/rolson-6-piece-floor-mat-set---120-x-180cm-552101.html

And panel the roof with them. That's what I did in the front cab area of my S3 and it works great.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Tomarse posted:

Having a locker specifically for fluids and similar poo poo is awesome as now I don't have anything rolling around in the back and any associated grime is contained in the most practical place (I'm still trying to clean EP-90 out of the floor from a previous leaking container).
I need to shop for another 5l container that will fit in there for engine oil:

Would a 5L jerry can work?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
G-clamp a length of wood or something to the sheet and cut along that to get straight lines easier.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
When you say you know your earths are good, is that all of them, all the way to each bulb contact?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
You can probably use any steering column audio stalk or momentary switch you want and programme the head unit to recognise it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Tomarse posted:

Well the weather forecast was a lie again and today it was sunny and warm instead of cold and snowy
Yep, your "cold and snowy" turned up over here! :argh: