Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Warm weather? It was only a week or so ago it was 18 degrees and then snowed like 48 hours later. April weather is always odd.

This is looking great, nice work!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

cakesmith handyman posted:

I apologise if my kids jumping around on it contributed!

Those too-good-to-be-true-looking aluminium brazing rods I keep seeing might be just the trick as they'll be non structural, but I guess you'd have to strip the insulation etc. from inside first.

I was thinking this too. I actually bought some and then realised I have naff all aluminium to use them on. Might have to get some cans in.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I'd say good luck but if it leaks after this then honestly anything could happen and the world no longer makes sense (not that it ever did).

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Tomarse posted:

I also found that driving a military truck tends to attract people I dont want to talk to, so I decided to sort out the paint on my rusty battery box cover

and deployed some anti-gammon paint, which has ended up looking beautiful :allears:

:lol: has it worked so far?

God it looks so good, I'm glad you've been out using it. Those couple of days it was 38 degrees I luckily had off from work and just sat in a paddling pool under a sun shade for the entire time sieving bugs out from the water periodically .